Quantcast
McLaren 600LT - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: McLaren 600LT

My Ride
    ute

I think you're right, @you&me , and your thoughts are insightful and knowledgeable. We're doing a bad job at internet-ing by making this a reasonable discussion instead of finding a conflict and throwing feces. But I digress.

The McLaren situation is so unique...I don't think anyone has attempted to compete in that market without decades of retail automotive experience, and a ton of battle scars: Ferrari, Aston, Lambo, and PorscheGT/AudiR8 (recently). McLaren's real challenge in your "start slow" scenario is that it would be enormously capital intensive to sustain a high-volume retail environment, but remain a low volume manufacturer. They needed the original sell-through volume to build out and justify the infrastructure. It kinda, sorta worked.

In terms of the Canadian vs American market, I think there are pretty big structural differences that account for that, and cultural difference. For instance, Americans have access to MUCH better financing systems for cars (Penfed, etc), compared to Canadians. Exotic car lending in Canada is hilariously rudimentary and expensive. So Canadian dealers and people flipping used are limited to cash payers, or people with their own assets and credit facilities. In addition, Americans are far more inclined to punch up their weight class when it comes to an exotic car (in addition to being able to finance them). So you get people with relatively less wealth spending a larger % of their income on a car like a McLaren. The upshot is that I bet the average McLaren owner in the US is probably a 1%er (or maybe less), and I bet the average McLaren owner in Canada is a 0.1%er in terms of earning. (Use whatever figures here you think make sense). Combine that the higher inherent population and volume differences, and you have a much more transparent marketplace.

Also: the owner's/dealers attempt to manage pricing on the supply side is failing miserable. A 570 search on autotrader is on of my bookmark tabs which I check daily. And it's the same old cars sitting around month after month. Every once in a while, they adjust it by a few thousand. Someday you're going to have to realize the paper loss guys. I haven't even bothered to put offers in on cars, as I'm sure I'd be perceived as an asshole lowballer.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Just thought I would add something - lightly used 600LT coupes in the US, that have been on the ground for all of a month, are selling for a discount to MSRP.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Yeah I’ve been seeing that too. Decided to sit out on ordering one.

Need 12 cylinders

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Love to see 600LT vs 488 Pista vs Performante!

Can't say $375K is a bargain, but consider actual going price for GT2RS and Pista are $600K + and how many Performante on the road, this is pretty good!
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Love to see 600LT vs 488 Pista vs Performante!

Can't say $375K is a bargain, but consider actual going price for GT2RS and Pista are $600K + and how many Performante on the road, this is pretty good!
    I'd take either of these over a Performante for sure. Really that's based on looks for me, though. The big chunky rear end of the Huracan just doesn't work and never has for me.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

We are all happy to buy GT2 RS and Pista at MSRP ... lol

Indeed, I think the AMG GTR is the way to go as a special track machine! (Still ok to drive regularly, and good price!)
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    ute

I happen to be partial to AMG gt myself lol.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Coupe allocation now available from Vancouver if anybody wants it!

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    Coupe allocation now available from Vancouver if anybody wants it!
    Discounts and lease deals next month...

My Ride
    6.2L V8

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I happen to be partial to AMG gt myself lol.
    But the McLaren can roast weenies over the engine boot in roughly three to six blaps of the throttle...

You gotta throw out majorrrr points for that man

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by CMW403 View Post
    But the McLaren can roast weenies over the engine boot in roughly three to six blaps of the throttle...

You gotta throw out majorrrr points for that man
    Id definitely take a 600lt over the amg gtr
    ..I just said that because I own a gt

My Ride
    ‘19 McLaren 720s, '15 Range Rover ALWB

I don't post much here anymore but I read threads everyday still . And this one caught my attention as a big McLaren fan and current owner . I actually spoke with buster on the McLaren forums last year when he was looking for a 570s .

I would say dont be scared about resale , just buy what you like and enjoy the shit out if it . And as for service and maintenance, McLaren is far cheaper then lambo or Ferrari. My aventador oil change was 1k and my McLaren was 675$

600lt is a really nice car but if you are on the fence Buster between that and a 720s . It's a no brainer , the 720s is absolutely by far the best car under 1mill right now . I loved my 570s and thought it was amazing until I bought a 720s . Just not comparable and kills lamborghinis stale car line up and I wont even talk about Ferrari.

Any one seriously interested in a McLaren should hit up Shaun in Vancouver and go check them out. By far the best customer service and brand to deal with these days .

I attached a pic of my Vorstiener 570s I built and my new 720s I picked up a few weeks ago. The 720s will have over 1000hp next month as well .
    Attached Images Attached Images      

My Ride
    ute

awesome, thanks for posting. Did you trade the 570 back to MV? Shaun was great to deal with, and I wouldn't hesitate to deal with that store in general....was quite impressed. I'm always afraid of resale because I'm anal. But in reality, life has just gotten really busy and I haven't had as much time to think about cars as I did even last year. So I've been procrastinating a bit on getting back to them.

I'm not even sure how much driving I'm going to be doing this summer, and I'm seriously contemplating selling the AMG GTS and buying a McLaren or something else.

That 720 looks fantastic. It really is more than I want to be spending on a car though.

My Ride

I hear you about life getting busy , as for the 570s no I actually sold it privately. It wasn't even for sale but I had a guy reach out a few times asking what I wanted for it so I finally just told him 330k and he could have it.
    He didn't even hesitate and bought it. Highest sold 570s ever , can't even option them out to that price brand new.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Awesome! Stunning!Nice spec'ed 720S !!

I love the 720S so much! It looked weird ~ 2 yr ago when launched, but it looks stunning in person, so dynamic, it looks so "super car" when next to Huracan/488/911 GT whatever ... I still think the 650S/P1 front end look the best!

At $450K, yes, lots of money, still a lot less than Avan S, 812 etc ... $350-400K, 600LT is the way to go, and for under $300k, 570S is quite a bargain!

Once the Mclaren service opens in Calgary in April, running cost should drop quite a bit!

Depreciation is horrible, but not worse than Aston, Bentley, AMG, Mcars, say $30-40K a year, somewhat reasonable to play .. however, may be only 60 day a year in Calgary can drive!

If worry about resell, then everyone wears Rolex .. LOL
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Damn Newlexstasy, what a stable!

Any pics of the other cars??

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by NewLextasy View Post
    I hear you about life getting busy , as for the 570s no I actually sold it privately. It wasn't even for sale but I had a guy reach out a few times asking what I wanted for it so I finally just told him 330k and he could have it.
    He didn't even hesitate and bought it. Highest sold 570s ever , can't even option them out to that price brand new.
    That’s always nice, good sell! The vorsteiner kits look awesome on the 570s. Would make most

Black 720s looks like a stealth bomber too. Are you getting an SVJ allocation by chance?

My Ride

Thanks , No Svj for me . Honestly I love Lamborghini and I have owned a Gallardo , lp640 roadster , Lp560 and the aventador and I feel the current model line up is stale . They are falling behind and need a new car asap. They are good at slapping a new bumper and tune on their cars and riding them out for 10 years.

Right now McLaren is just so far ahead I dont have any interest in any other current brand/car.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5