Apple Thread - Page 155 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 155 of 192 FirstFirst ... 145 154 155 156 165 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 3838

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/02/06...ip-benchmarks/

Interesting results.

Macrumors crying “not fair” on the benchmarks but I dunno the comparable system is probably pretty equivalent cost wise if not cheaper.

M1 is pretty cool on a /Watt basis but tough to really make the claim they outperform every other chip out there and the cost/dollar gets pretty dubious after apple tax.

I’m sure there will be lots of opinions on this form both sides
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    https://www.macrumors.com/2021/02/06...ip-benchmarks/

Interesting results.

Macrumors crying “not fair” on the benchmarks but I dunno the comparable system is probably pretty equivalent cost wise if not cheaper.

M1 is pretty cool on a /Watt basis but tough to really make the claim they outperform every other chip out there and the cost/dollar gets pretty dubious after apple tax.

I’m sure there will be lots of opinions on this form both sides
    The problem with the M1 MBP is that it’s terrible value. The sweet spot is the M1 MBA. If I had a do over I wouldn’t have gotten the MBP.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Totally, I thought it was funny on the macrumors comments people crying that they should test entry level intel processors against M1.

Nice idea, but frankly apple doesn’t make an entry level laptop.

Their “entry level” laptop costs about as much as my powerful premium dell workstation did.

It’s all fine, people just have funny ideas of what is “apples to apples”

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Totally, I thought it was funny on the macrumors comments people crying that they should test entry level intel processors against M1.

Nice idea, but frankly apple doesn’t make an entry level laptop.

Their “entry level” laptop costs about as much as my powerful premium dell workstation did.

It’s all fine, people just have funny ideas of what is “apples to apples”
    Price wise, definitely not. I would say last gen the MBA i3 was clearly an entry level laptop, but at mid tier prices which was terrible. All the M1 changed with MBA is move it up to a mid to upper mid tier laptop at the same price.

But ya, the butthurt in those comments are hilarious.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Anyone else noticing weird issues with the auto-brightness on their iPhone 12 pro? I'll be using my phone in a bright lit room then all of a sudden the phone will get darker as if it noticed i went into a darker room.

I am using a pretty cheap glass screen protector (3 pack for $11 on amazon) that covers all of the sensors at the top so i wonder if that could be fucking things up?

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Anyone else noticing weird issues with the auto-brightness on their iPhone 12 pro? I'll be using my phone in a bright lit room then all of a sudden the phone will get darker as if it noticed i went into a darker room.

I am using a pretty cheap glass screen protector (3 pack for $11 on amazon) that covers all of the sensors at the top so i wonder if that could be fucking things up?
    My iPad Pro does that sometimes but I don't have a 12 Pro to comment. I have a glass screen protector on it as well. It seems to fix itself if I turn the auto brightness on/off again which suggests the sensor works fine but there seems to be a software bug that makes it get stuck every now and then.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

This started happening with iOS 14. Was much worse on earlier releases and to occur less often on 14.3 and now 14.4.

Happens on my 12 pro and wife's 11 pro, so I don't think it is hardware.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Super funny outcome, but despite how loudly a clearly vocal minority bitches, clearly no one actually wants small cell phones haha. Or at the very least no one was willing to get off their wallet and buy one.

https://www.macrumors.com/2021/02/09...january-sales/

Mini represents 5% of iPhone Sales.

fact.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Super funny outcome, but despite how loudly a clearly vocal minority bitches, clearly no one actually wants small cell phones haha. Or at the very least no one was willing to get off their wallet and buy one.

I really like mine, I just wish the camera was a bit better. But all other aspects of it rock

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If they had the 3 lens system, even without the LIDAR crap, I would've switched this year. Camera of a non pro and no telephoto was a massive deal breaker for me.

Everyone I know that went with mini are people that DGAF about photos or videos. They love the mini because it's everything else minus the camera.

It was actually Apple's CEO who said nobody would buy large phones, going as far as to compare 4"+ phones to driving a Hummer - funny how badly they misread the market at the time and to see where we are now. I don't think the Mini was ever expected to sell well (certainly nowhere near the levels of the 12/12 Max), but Apple has the resources to offer numerous similar products so they do. Perhaps a foldable is the better way to approach it.

Physically larger phones are required for things like fast charging though, so there are other less obvious reasons to increase size than just to advertise a bigger screen or an extra camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    My iPad Pro does that sometimes but I don't have a 12 Pro to comment. I have a glass screen protector on it as well. It seems to fix itself if I turn the auto brightness on/off again which suggests the sensor works fine but there seems to be a software bug that makes it get stuck every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by benyl View Post
    This started happening with iOS 14. Was much worse on earlier releases and to occur less often on 14.3 and now 14.4.

Happens on my 12 pro and wife's 11 pro, so I don't think it is hardware.
    interesting. I actually didn't notice it until yesterday after i upgraded to 14.4. At least it's not a hardware problem and hopefully they can fix it with yet another future software release.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If they had the 3 lens system, even without the LIDAR crap, I would've switched this year. Camera of a non pro and no telephoto was a massive deal breaker for me.

Everyone I know that went with mini are people that DGAF about photos or videos. They love the mini because it's everything else minus the camera.
    Totally agree. I upgraded to a 12P and gave my wife my old X, and every time i pick up the old one i realize how I miss the smaller size. The 12P is just a tad too big, but it could also be the leather case i have paired with it that makes it feel too bulky.

If the mini's camera wasn't neutered, definitely would have given it a much deeper consideration.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post

I mean it kindof just sounds to me like when it comes down to it you want more cameras and more features over small form factor.

Presumably physical contraints make this an or rather than an and.

fact.

My Ride
    Grimace

I figured part of the reason for the mini was so that they could say the price remained the same on the non pro models.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I mean it kindof just sounds to me like when it comes down to it you want more cameras and more features over small form factor.

Presumably physical contraints make this an or rather than an and.
    I want the right features. Camera wasn’t a physical constraint, Apple wanted to market the smaller phone as a cheaper alternative.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    It was actually Apple's CEO who said nobody would buy large phones, going as far as to compare 4"+ phones to driving a Hummer - funny how badly they misread the market at the time and to see where we are now. I don't think the Mini was ever expected to sell well (certainly nowhere near the levels of the 12/12 Max), but Apple has the resources to offer numerous similar products so they do. Perhaps a foldable is the better way to approach it.
    Everyone wants a small phone until the onscreen keyboard comes out.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

my old eyes can't handle smaller screens.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Everyone wants a small phone until the onscreen keyboard comes out.
    That's definitely a factor. I have large hands and I can barely type on my wife's iPhone 8 which still uses the old form factor. I don't know how I ever used the 3Gs/4 haha.

One thing that hit me recently was how much bigger screens look when I take my glasses off - my prescription makes every screen look significantly smaller than it is.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I thought I wanted a Max size. But tbh I don’t think it would fit on my trucks wireless charging area let alone my pocket.

fact.

My Ride
    VW R32 Turbo

Has anyone used an epub/ebook, audio-reader app on iOS? Recommendations?

I have a ton of eBook's, and don't want to pay for their AudioBook versions.
    Originally posted by sputnik
    Cell providers are the next Blockbuster video stores.

Page 155 of 192 FirstFirst ... 145 154 155 156 165 ... LastLast