Looks like I started another trend....lol

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like I started another trend....lol
    I think you are far from the first Jeeper on beyond
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think you are far from the first Jeeper on beyond
    First unintentional Jeeper thread starter though...that's the trend I was referring to.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Haha touché

I am just happy it’s a car thread

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

We should have a Beyond Jeeper meet on some weekend when I am in Calgary. Seems like we have enough people with Jeep's here. And whenever I drive back to Calgary it'll be the Jeep so I will for sure have it with me.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post
    Not under 20, so too old for The Boost
    18 to 24

If any become single lmk lol give them the heads up and I'll take it from there and slide into their DMs
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The sticker on mine was just under $40K I think although I don’t remember. I paid $31K all in.

- - - Updated - - -

Super happy with how the wheels and tires turned out!

Those rims are saaaweeeeetttt
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Msommers casually surrounded by the kind of girls that love mini-coopers

click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version
    He could do worse.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Super happy with how the wheels and tires turned out!

Looking good, which wheels are those? Methods?

Also 150% down for Jeep meet. I take any chance I can to roll out the hooptie.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    Looking good, which wheels are those? Methods?

Also 150% down for Jeep meet. I take any chance I can to roll out the hooptie.
    The wheels are Pro Comp. Really good deal (I think) on 4wheelparts. All 5 cost me under $1000 I think!!

And yes someone organize a meet! I likely wont be in Calgary for a few weekends though so please base it on that, haha.

I am after a good double DIN audio setup next (bluetooth, backup camera, navigation). Any suggestions?

I have stock bluetooth and ideally would like to use the same setup with the aftermarket unit.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The wheels are Pro Comp. Really good deal (I think) on 4wheelparts. All 5 cost me under $1000 I think!!

And yes someone organize a meet! I likely wont be in Calgary for a few weekends though so please base it on that, haha.

I am after a good double DIN audio setup next (bluetooth, backup camera, navigation). Any suggestions?

I have stock bluetooth and ideally would like to use the same setup with the aftermarket unit.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome!
    I put in an alpine i209 restyle unit last summer. It’s epic and priced accordingly.

Name:  4F421C20-5185-4381-88A8-F95732D4A253.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  43.1 KB

Nav is all off my phone on carplay (or android auto), you can get the X209 which adds a mechanical CD player and built in nav for 50% more cost.

I added the alpine backup cam that fits in the spare wheel as well.

Bluetooth is all handled by the Alpine unit, but the factory Uconnect is still installed in there somewhere but I don’t know why you would bother using it.

I also have the factory 430 navigation unit sitting in my garage if you are interested. But the alpine uses the old harness so it’s “as is”
    Last edited by killramos; 06-05-2019 at 11:23 AM.

fact.

My Ride
    This and that.

I put in an alpine i209 restyle unit last summer. It’s epic and priced accordingly.

Name:  4F421C20-5185-4381-88A8-F95732D4A253.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  43.1 KB

Nav is all off my phone on carplay (or android auto), you can get the X209 which adds a mechanical CD player and built in nav for 50% more cost.

I added the alpine backup cam that fits in the spare wheel as well.

Bluetooth is all handled by the Alpine unit, but the factory Uconnect is still installed in there somewhere but I don’t know why you would bother using it.

I also have the factory 430 navigation unit sitting in my garage if you are interested. But the alpine uses the old harness so it’s “as is”
    How much was the install for everything and from where?

Did you change speakers in general? Cause the stock ones aren't great. lol. But I might not bother with that.

The unit you have sounds like might work - I will google some options to compare pricing. I don't want anything super high end but nothing cheap like Boss from Visions. Something half-way and decent. Navigation isn't a dealbreaker, I can always just use the phone. Not sure what the factory 430 unit is like but I would assume if going this way better to do an aftermarket one with some decent bells and whistles?

For the phone I just figured the stock Uconnect set up would be better than most aftermarket as they hook up a new mike on top or to the side somewhere. So I would rather use the hardware that already exists for that purpose and accordingly would need a unit that would work with that. Not sure if such a thing exists or not.

I guess my only must haves are bluetooth, backup camera and satellite radio. A CD, USB plug in etc would be nice too. Navigation is optional and so is carplay or Android auto and shit.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 06-05-2019 at 11:47 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

How much was the install for everything and from where?

Did you change speakers in general? Cause the stock ones aren't great. lol. But I might not bother with that.

The unit you have sounds like might work - I will google some options to compare pricing. I don't want anything super high end but nothing cheap like Boss from Visions. Something half-way and decent. Navigation isn't a dealbreaker, I can always just use the phone. Not sure what the factory 430 unit is like but I would assume if going this way better to do an aftermarket one with some decent bells and whistles?

For the phone I just figured the stock Uconnect set up would be better than most aftermarket as they hook up a new mike on top or to the side somewhere. So I would rather use the hardware that already exists for that purpose and accordingly would need a unit that would work with that. Not sure if such a thing exists or not.

I guess my only must haves are bluetooth, backup camera and satellite radio. A CD, USB plug in etc would be nice too. Navigation is optional and so is carplay or Android auto and shit.
    ~$1,900 for the head unit, ~$600 for the backup camera. I installed myself over a weekend. Comes with an idatalink maestro module so everything is 100% integrated with factor steering wheel controls, OBD scanning, TPMS, etc.

Speakers are stock, but mine are the "upgraded" alpines with a sub in the trunk ( keep in mind my JK is a 14 so things might be a bit different ). They are more than good enough for me but the Alpine is fully capable of running a proper built audio system with a dedicated amp if you so desire. I have never been one for crazy over the top sound systems so that's just my take.

This is going to be way more labor intensive to install than a simple drop in double din, but the benefits you get are the super clean look and integration with OEM equipment. The unit itself has a lot of expansion potential as well, it has HDMI in for whatever you want to display, compatibility with multi camera setups if you want to do surround cameras for on the trail, accessory controller setup from the touch screen ( think lights and winch control from your head unit ). The unit is also IP 68 rated waterproof i believe for running with the roof off, good luck finding that in an off the shelf double din.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the "hardware" for uconnect, its just a mike in the A pillar. I have the Alpine mic mounted above my mirror and not obtrusive and sounds great ( Jeeps are stupid loud inside on the highway ). if you have your phone plugged in for carplay etc. its going to run everything through the head unit anyways in any system you get.

The backup camera is a great all in unit that works as a camera, backup light, and a third brake light all controlled by the maestro unit.

Now the i209 is "mechless" meaning it doesn't have a CD player. Gotto move up to the X209 if that's a deal breaker, at 50% increased cost.

I used the built in USB port in the armrest console for my phone connection for Carplay, i also picked up a rugged ridge tray for the armrest so my phone can rest somewhere and not take up a cupholder.

If you are in town feel free to send me a text and you can try it out. It's expensive for sure, but I like things to be super clean and OEM looking.

Another upgrade I recommend is insulation for the hard top. Trifecta of warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer ( it seriously bakes with the black top ), and much quieter on the highway. I used a hotheads kit, went on 30% off sale in July for independence day.
    Last edited by killramos; 06-05-2019 at 02:12 PM.

fact.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Oooooo we get our own thread

My Ride
    This and that.

~$1,900 for the head unit, ~$600 for the backup camera. I installed myself over a weekend. Comes with an idatalink maestro module so everything is 100% integrated with factor steering wheel controls, OBD scanning, TPMS, etc.

Speakers are stock, but mine are the "upgraded" alpines with a sub in the trunk ( keep in mind my JK is a 14 so things might be a bit different ). They are more than good enough for me but the Alpine is fully capable of running a proper built audio system with a dedicated amp if you so desire. I have never been one for crazy over the top sound systems so that's just my take.

This is going to be way more labor intensive to install than a simple drop in double din, but the benefits you get are the super clean look and integration with OEM equipment. The unit itself has a lot of expansion potential as well, it has HDMI in for whatever you want to display, compatibility with multi camera setups if you want to do surround cameras for on the trail, accessory controller setup from the touch screen ( think lights and winch control from your head unit ). The unit is also IP 68 rated waterproof i believe for running with the roof off, good luck finding that in an off the shelf double din.

I wouldn't get too hung up on the "hardware" for uconnect, its just a mike in the A pillar. I have the Alpine mic mounted above my mirror and not obtrusive and sounds great ( Jeeps are stupid loud inside on the highway ). if you have your phone plugged in for carplay etc. its going to run everything through the head unit anyways in any system you get.

The backup camera is a great all in unit that works as a camera, backup light, and a third brake light all controlled by the maestro unit.

Now the i209 is "mechless" meaning it doesn't have a CD player. Gotto move up to the X209 if that's a deal breaker, at 50% increased cost.

I used the built in USB port in the armrest console for my phone connection for Carplay, i also picked up a rugged ridge tray for the armrest so my phone can rest somewhere and not take up a cupholder.

If you are in town feel free to send me a text and you can try it out. It's expensive for sure, but I like things to be super clean and OEM looking.

Another upgrade I recommend is insulation for the hard top. Trifecta of warmer in the winter, cooler in the summer ( it seriously bakes with the black top ), and much quieter on the highway. I used a hotheads kit, went on 30% off sale in July for independence day.
    Wow that's a pretty elaborate setup you got there. I definitely don't want to spend anywhere close to that - maximum like $1K all in. As much as I like the Jeep and think I will keep it long term I learned fast enough that the more money I spend on modifying cars the more I lose considered how long I keep them for. lol.

I will do some research I guess, may not even bother with any system at all. Part of the fun of Jeep ownership is that bare-bones sort of thing you know.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Decided to go have some fun with it today. For a pretty little Sahara she took it like a champ. Tires added a ton of confidence.

Name:  014974B9-96B4-4A50-B6F4-AC428762C214.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  90.8 KB

fact.

I never thought I'd see the day that a Jeep would be this long and yet here it is, the Gladiator is only 1.3 inches shorter than my Suburban.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I never thought I'd see the day that a Jeep would be this long and yet here it is, the Gladiator is only 1.3 inches shorter than my Suburban.
    Its no longer than a colorado? Does that also surprise you?

Its just a 1/4 ton with a Jeep body on it lol

fact.

Its no longer than a colorado? Does that also surprise you?

Its just a 1/4 ton with a Jeep body on it lol
    So mid-sized in width but not length?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    So mid-sized in width but not length?
    Do you even read your own posts?

fact.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast