Quantcast
The Hollywood Sexual Harassment/Abuse/Assault Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hollywood Sexual Harassment/Abuse/Assault Thread

Default The Hollywood Sexual Harassment/Abuse/Assault Thread

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Career over.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Is Louis CK's career gonna go down the toilet now as well, like Kevin Spacey?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

That's some creeper shit he was doing, but this is nothing in the league of Weinstein. He didn't use a position to power to sexually assault anyone, or keep them quiet about it, or did any pedo shit. He just whipped his dick out ffs, it's not exactly like he keeps quiet about his "hobby".

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

This is nothing new. It's been reported for years already, but nobody gave a fuck. It's just now after the whole Weinstein ordeal that mainstream press is covering it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's some creeper shit he was doing, but this is nothing in the league of Weinstein. He didn't use a position to power to sexually assault anyone, or keep them quiet about it, he just whipped his dick out ffs.
    The accusations published in blogs over the years accused his manager of fucking over careers for women talking about this to others. His manager handles some huge big name people, so that's the position of power there.

You're right, in terms of scope, nothing as big as Weinstein accusations, but cornering chicks in rooms and jerking off in front of them isn't borderline sexual assault, it IS sexual assault. Note that Weinstein is also accused of this behavior.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

What I find most surprising about all this is that so many careers are being destroyed with zero evidence beyond a few tweets in some cases, or hearsay testimony. I get that companies like Netflix don't want the bad PR, but if he-said-she-said is enough to fully ruin someone's career/life without evidence, trials, etc. that is messed up. A few tweets seemed to ruin Spacey's career for good with zero proof. Maybe it happened like they all say, or maybe in some cases the 'victim' is embarrassed/ashamed about what happened and this is the easiest way to convince themselves they didn't consent to it (something my friends in Law enforcement deal with a lot) - who knows. Either way, Hollywood sounded like a pretty f'd up place especially back in the day haha.

With something like this over your head, you wouldn't even be able to get a job as a Walmart greeter.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The accusations published in blogs over the years accused his manager of fucking over careers for women talking about this to others. His manager handles some huge big name people, so that's the position of power there.

You're right, in terms of scope, nothing as big as Weinstein accusations, but cornering chicks in rooms and jerking off in front of them isn't borderline sexual assault, it IS sexual assault. Note that Weinstein is also accused of this behavior.
    Except he didn't corner them in a room. If what the article states is the truth, he whipped it out, started jerking on the bed and the two girls sat there laughing in a chair until he was done and then they left (which while not explicit consent, isn't exactly a no either). Nothing was holding them in that room as soon as his pants were dropped.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a weirdo, but this isn't sexual assault, it's sexual harassment.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    What I find most surprising about all this is that so many careers are being destroyed with zero evidence beyond a few tweets in some cases, or hearsay testimony. I get that companies like Netflix don't want the bad PR, but if he-said-she-said is enough to fully ruin someone's career/life without evidence, trials, etc. that is messed up. A few tweets seemed to ruin Spacey's career for good with zero proof. Maybe it happened like they all say, or maybe in some cases the 'victim' is embarrassed/ashamed about what happened and this is the easiest way to convince themselves they didn't consent to it (something my friends in Law enforcement deal with a lot) - who knows. Either way, Hollywood sounded like a pretty f'd up place especially back in the day haha.
    If it didn't happen, then why doesn't the celeb come flat out and deny it?
    It says a lot when all these accusations come up and the way they respond to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    If it didn't happen, then why doesn't the celeb come flat out and deny it?
    It says a lot when all these accusations come up and the way they respond to it.
    Totally fair point, and I do agree that the chances of all these people coming out and lying are extremely low. They probably did it. In Spacey's case for example, he said he had no memory of it but apologized anyway and whether that was PR damage control or because he actually did or legitimately didn't remember it I have no idea.

Then you get a case like Bill Cosby, where there were so many people coming out of the woodwork that you can't help but think at least some of them are just trying to piggyback the lawsuit and get a free payday.

Guilty or not, I guess I am just surprised their careers are being ended without a trial or proof. If it's that easy, it seems like it would open the door to fraudulent accusations being used as blackmail or similar.

My Ride
    ute

It just means that all YOU have seen is a tweet. With Spacey, (and Weinstein), everybody knew about it. So the career ruining aspect is based on years of information that people didnt seem to care much about. But they still knew it.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    Except he didn't corner them in a room. If what the article states is the truth, he whipped it out, started jerking on the bed and the two girls sat there laughing in a chair until he was done and then they left (which while not explicit consent, isn't exactly a no either). Nothing was holding them in that room as soon as his pants were dropped.

I'm not saying the guy isn't a weirdo, but this isn't sexual assault, it's sexual harassment.
    That's just one instance they're talking about today. Like I said, these accusations go years back, and there were some that talked about him locking the door or standing in front of the door so chicks can't leave while he jerks it. Again, this isn't anything new if you follow non mainstream entertainment news.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Welcome to liberal social media justice haha.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Although that's fucked up, it doesn't sound like he did anything illegal. Nor was he in a position of power over the women at the time. I don't think it's the same in terms of the Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Woody Allen type nonsense. Sounds like the women are in the ideal environment and time to look for a payday. Or is it JUST a coincidence they happened to be comfortable sharing it NOW?
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JordanEG6 View Post
    Although that's fucked up, it doesn't sound like he did anything illegal. Nor was he in a position of power over the women at the time. I don't think it's the same in terms of the Harvey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey and Woody Allen type nonsense. Sounds like the women are in the ideal environment and time to look for a payday. Or is it JUST a coincidence they happened to be comfortable sharing it NOW?
    Not illegal? So next time you're at work, walk into a female coworker's office, close the door, pull your dick out and jerk it. Let me know what happens.

Women have been bitching about Louis CK for years now, and using his high powered manager to shut talks of his behavior down which is an abuse of power. It just took Weinstein to get MSM to pay attention.

Not illegal? So next time you're at work, walk into a female coworker's office, close the door, pull your dick out and jerk it. Let me know what happens.
    No shit!

That's just one instance they're talking about today. Like I said, these accusations go years back, and there were some that talked about him locking the door or standing in front of the door so chicks can't leave while he jerks it. Again, this isn't anything new if you follow non mainstream entertainment news.
    Are you telling me you have a news source that reports on guys jerking off? Here I am listening to 660 for my news.

My Ride
    Bicycle

1. Get invited to hotel room
    2. Go Anyway
    3. ???
    4. Profit?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by roopi View Post
    Are you telling me you have a news source that reports on guys jerking off? Here I am listening to 660 for my news.
    Sounds like an Edmonton station.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

There's allegations against Mariah Carey now, which isn't a surprise. She comes off as a cougar that nobody wants anything to do with haha

http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/08/mariah...urce=justjared

The draft lawsuit also makes allegations of sexual harassment, claiming she committed "sexual acts with the intent that they be viewed by Anello." Anello claims during a trip to Cabo San Lucas, Mariah asked him to come to her room to move some luggage and when he got there, she was wearing a see-through negligee that was open. He says he tried leaving but she insisted he move the luggage. He says he left the room and there was no physical contact.
    This will probably fizzle out into nothing like anything that has to do with her

Page 1 of 11 1 2 ... LastLast