Quantcast
Turning 40!? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Turning 40!?

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

Default Turning 40!?

Well kids, the big 4-0 arrives this year. Not dreading it at all. Life is great. I decided I wanted to do something fun to celebrate though. Thinking of heading down to Vegas, rent a fun car, drive a Lamborghini at the track and shoot some crazy guns. What did you old farts do for your 40th?
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Your plan was exactly my plan, but with strippers in the mix as well. Except I ended up getting a blown eardrum two weeks before the trip. I could have still gone, but at risk of busting it again while it was healing.

Ended up staying a weekend at Storm Mountain Cabins instead. Was still fun, would do again.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

Sounds like a great day to schedule a colonoscopy due to the increased chance of prostate cancer.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride

^^^ Good call! maybe after the Lambo though?
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Exotic racing and guns in Vegas sounds fun. DO IT UP!

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by freshprince1 View Post
    Well kids, the big 4-0 arrives this year. Not dreading it at all. Life is great. I decided I wanted to do something fun to celebrate though. Thinking of heading down to Vegas, rent a fun car, drive a Lamborghini at the track and shoot some crazy guns. What did you old farts do for your 40th?
    Maybe it's just me, but if you are going to Vegas to do fun stuff, act like a kid again and indulge your love to heavy equipment. Rent a big digger! https://digthisvegas.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    *The First*

I would save your money and drive the lower demand cars at LV Exotics. They're so much cheaper and still incredible. Do more laps in a V10 R8, AMG GT-S, or the GTR.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

LV Exotics looks to be a rental company. Do they offer a venue where you can do laps?

My Ride
    NC1

That's awesome. In the words of Gary V, young as fk lol or as per rage2, go bang an 18 year old lol

Whatever you decide on, have a great fkn time. 2 more years to go for me before 40. When I was younger I dreaded it but now I am loving life.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Trucks

^^^ Good call! maybe after the Lambo though?
    It’s Vegas. I’m sure you can schedule both together.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    LV Exotics looks to be a rental company. Do they offer a venue where you can do laps?
    Perhaps I got the name wrong and if I google it, its ads will appear for the next 18 months in everything.
    It's a company that lets you on the track with real supercars. I've done it and it's really awesome.

My Ride

Looking more in to the track rental, I'm actually leaning towards just renting a Lambo for a full 24hrs and doing a road trip around NV/AZ. I won't get the track experience, but for the same price I can have it for a full day and see some epic scenery (i.e. Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Page, etc) and still have a chance to open it up a little here and there (responsibly).
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

My Ride
    changes every year

I'm also 40 in june. Fuck. But I had the same thoughts, vegas with some friends, cars and pool parties. I'm sure the pool parties will make me feel older than dirt though haha

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Looking more in to the track rental, I'm actually leaning towards just renting a Lambo for a full 24hrs and doing a road trip around NV/AZ. I won't get the track experience, but for the same price I can have it for a full day and see some epic scenery (i.e. Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, Page, etc) and still have a chance to open it up a little here and there (responsibly).
    Yeah it's definitely a trade-off. 30 minutes of adrenaline or a day of chill crusin' haha.

My 40th bday we just had a big bbq and ate good food and got drunk with a ton of friends. Slept in my own bed when the night was over. Couldn’t have enjoyed myself more.

My Ride
    Axis powers

4.5 more years for me, however that vegas trip sounds wicked, I've been wanting a guys trip to vegas to just party and not worry about things like shopping and shows
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

Me and my wife are both turning 40 too.

Haven't thought much about it yet due to financial constraints.

For me personally, I'm thinking it's time to give up my 370Z and buy something more "mature".

Another 370Z "is this a good car to buy" thread incoming...something that can tow a small camper

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    I'm also 40 in june. Fuck. But I had the same thoughts, vegas with some friends, cars and pool parties. I'm sure the pool parties will make me feel older than dirt though haha
    Man, I don't want be one of those old people in a nightclub that i used to laugh at when I was 25...

My Ride
    ute

Imma fuck some guns and shoot some hookers!

Curious why Vegas of all things? Most people would enjoy driving the fancy cars and shooting all sorts of crazy guns but Vegas can be done at anytime. If you catch the right sale/time you can get away for a weekend for dirt cheap.

Most people have already gone to vegas and shot guns, gambled or drove the cars well before their 40th.

For me id look into doing a fly in fishing/hunting camp. Maybe a remote out of country hunt. Heck a tropical island that I've never been to before would be great.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    Curious why Vegas of all things? Most people would enjoy driving the fancy cars and shooting all sorts of crazy guns but Vegas can be done at anytime. If you catch the right sale/time you can get away for a weekend for dirt cheap.

Most people have already gone to vegas and shot guns, gambled or drove the cars well before their 40th.

For me id look into doing a fly in fishing/hunting camp. Maybe a remote out of country hunt. Heck a tropical island that I've never been to before would be great.
    Fair question. We've only been to Vegas as poor university students, so we did not do the fancy cars and fun guns, etc. I have a vacation package from Hilton that I need to use, and Vegas is one of the resorts we can go to. Sit through a 2 hour time share thing, and we get 3 nights and 4 days at no cost, plus some spending cash (I'm older now and make OK money...but I'm not above getting a deal). I really want to road trip a super car, especially a Lambo. We do annual vacations and have made it to many places (tropical, destination, etc...and I've lived in the tropics for a couple years) but haven't been to Vegas in many years. Then there's all the other stuff we can do too. I also have a cousin down there, so we can meet up with them and stay for free for a couple more days. My wife is coming (we like to hang out together...crazy huh?) and she wants to go to a show or two. And, there's usually some cheap airfare deals that come along for Vegas...so there were a bunch of reasons that came together that ended up making Vegas make sense.

I love the hunting/fishing/camping idea...but I get out and do that throughout the summer and hunting seasons already (bagged a 6x4 Mule Deer buck this fall!).
    Last edited by freshprince1; 01-06-2020 at 10:37 AM.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast