Quantcast
Shithole countries - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Shithole countries

Default Shithole countries

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8155186.html

Man is certifyably bananas, anybody other then the POTUS. I can imagine its what McCain secretly thinks of Vietnam and North and South Korea though.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

That is a shithole article.

Haiti is a shithole. Saying so is not racist because Haiti is not a person, or even limited to one race living there.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I did some fact checking and he's 105% accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Looks like he reviewed Canadian immigration policy.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    That is a shithole article.

Haiti is a shithole. Saying so is not racist because Haiti is not a person, or even limited to one race living there.
    C'mon Zhao, you know he's not referring to the weather in those countries.

Not that I care he said it. Heck, I kind of agree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Maybe he's referring to the standard of living? That's hard to argue.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Maybe he's referring to the standard of living?
    Nope.

“Why are we having all these people from s***hole countries come here?” Mr Trump said after being presented with a proposal to restore protections for immigrants from the countries in question.

My Ride
    G6

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    C'mon Zhao, you know he's not referring to the weather in those countries.
    It's quite a leap to call the comment racist though. I agree that Haiti is a shithole country, but because it's extremely poor and poorly governed, not because they're black... Norway has a far better GDP and recently got voted the happiest place for people to live in the world. It's a great country, and not because they're white.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

South Africa ain't bad, if you don't mind carjackings and rapes.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    It's quite a leap to call the comment racist though.
    Probably, but wait there's more!...the proverbial Nazi / Hitler card:

Robert Reich

@RBReich
    To the Nazi's, the purest Aryans were the Nordic people of Germany and Norway. “Why are we having all these people from shithole countries [Haiti and Africa] come here?” Trump exploded today, saying the U.S. should bring more people from countries like Norway. Connection?

I wonder if Trump will try to pull out of the UN?

My Ride
    G37X

I guess here in Canada we are so used to hairdo boy tip toeing around "sensitive" stuff that this shocks us. I don't think that Trump was out of line to say this. It is what it is..
    I don't take this as racism in the slightest. A spade is a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I guess here in Canada we are so used to hairdo boy tip toeing around "sensitive" stuff that this shocks us. I don't think that Trump was out of line to say this. It is what it is..

The only ones complaining about this, are ironically the people that would never want to live in those countries. Even the people in those countries want to GTFO. Why? Because they're shitholes!

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Lets be honest here, any normal human being wouldn't go up to an obese person and call them fat. As the POTUS, you're held to a higher standard than some asshole sitting alone at the bar.

Yet here we are.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

He's not wrong.

I dont see the big issue, people know what he is like and how he speaks. Why the big surprise?

If anything it makes the people reporting/sensationalising this less credible and makes them appear more to be shit stirrers than anything else.

Lets be honest here, any normal human being wouldn't go up to an obese person and call them fat. As the POTUS, you're held to a higher standard than some asshole sitting alone at the bar.
    Depends... 'normal' people have walked up to be and called me a paki. Im not even from Pakistan.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

Yet here we are.
    I suppose. I'm not a trump fan in general, but at least he tells it like it is unlike cough cough uhhhh ummmmmm JT. That said, shithole is an extreme way to put it lol

He isn't wrong necessarily (it's not clear exactly what parts he was referring to, but it sounded like a general comment), but as President you can't be saying stuff like that. He should be held to the highest possible standards given his position, and yet he is most easily compared to a belligerent child in almost everything he does - his decisions, comments, tweets, etc.

My personal theory is that he doesn't even want to be president, and was likely very surprised by his victory. He spends all his time on twitter, playing golf, and avoiding presidential duties as much as humanly possible. He has zero political experience and is hated by virtually everyone on the planet except the Southern USA/Bible Belt and other red states. He's a narcissist but after the initial win, I think he probably regretted it.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-12-2018 at 10:31 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Yeah Mark, I've had the same theory as well. I think it became a personal agenda to do it just to say he's done it. He does not actually care about being president, but rather having the title to further inflate his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    I suppose. I'm not a trump fan in general, but at least he tells it like it is unlike cough cough uhhhh ummmmmm JT. That said, shithole is an extreme way to put it lol
    I agree that the common politician sugar-coats speeches and usually talks with such vague descriptions that you never know or trust what they say. That's one end of the spectrum though, Trump is the other and his childish behavior could have global consequences.

I'm watching Trump right now as he is about to sign a proclamation to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. He's standing there looking like a bored child who has to pee.
    Last edited by msommers; 01-12-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

Yet here we are.
    If someone tried to tell me an obese person was just as in shape and skinny as someone competing in the olympics, I would tell them no, they are out of shape and fat. If the fat person tried saying that about themselves, I would happily tell them to their face. ANy normal person should have the balls to look a bald faced lie in the face and call it out for what it is.

haiti is a shit hole, the people living there (and more to blame their ancestors) are responsible as a group for making it a shit hole. Its not a race issue at all; white people, black people, and natives live in haiti, all intermixing, just like they do in plenty of other countries around haiti, including their next door neighbour on the same island.

Places that are not shitholes are largely due to the culture developed in that nation. Likewise, places that are shitholes are often shitholes because of their culture. Everyone is starving but your culture says dont educate the girls, marry them off at 13, have as many kids as possible, dont believe in working or producing anything, and then blame whitey in another country for all your problems? How does it do anyone good for saying ya, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything you guys are doing, its all someone else's fault...

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    If someone tried to tell me an obese person was just as in shape and skinny as someone competing in the olympics, I would tell them no, they are out of shape and fat. If the fat person tried saying that about themselves, I would happily tell them to their face. ANy normal person should have the balls to look a bald faced lie in the face and call it out for what it is.

haiti is a shit hole, the people living there (and more to blame their ancestors) are responsible as a group for making it a shit hole. Its not a race issue at all; white people, black people, and natives live in haiti, all intermixing, just like they do in plenty of other countries around haiti, including their next door neighbour on the same island.

Places that are not shitholes are largely due to the culture developed in that nation. Likewise, places that are shitholes are often shitholes because of their culture. Everyone is starving but your culture says dont educate the girls, marry them off at 13, have as many kids as possible, dont believe in working or producing anything, and then blame whitey in another country for all your problems? How does it do anyone good for saying ya, there is absolutely nothing wrong with anything you guys are doing, its all someone else's fault...
    I was going to write something, but zhao said it best. 100% agree.

Remember though, its ok to lie and call people racists, fascists, nazis, women haters, etc right to their faces. That's not rude. But calling someone fat? Or claiming that a country is a shithole (why do you THINK so many people are leaving it)?

Understand, Trump was voted in because of things just like this. Frank, brutal honesty. Just because a lot of you float in "think of the children" circles where 30km/h speed limits are necessary and only white people are racist, doesn't make it reality for the rest of the population.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast