Quantcast
Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022 - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts: Freedom Convoy 2022

My Ride
    Model S

Principles over tribes.

So many people who I thought were fair and principled just immediately abandoned all that and decided it's ok if it's happening to someone they don't like. It's pretty clear when the only real opposition is petty insults and demonstrably false justifications that fell apart forever ago. Hilarious when people try to invert the "Karen" thing when they're literally being the Karen and not minding their own business about autonomy over ones own health. And when confronted with that, they pivot back to anti-science arguments that are in no way supported by the facts.

I've never really aligned with conservatives, and still don't on many issues, but it makes no difference who is doing it or what else they believe. I'm thankful that we have many states around here that push back on the nonsense, and have largely proven based on their outcomes that the authoritarian measures are completely unnecessary bullshit, and increasingly so as time goes on. I was the first to advocate caution when this thing was new, but we are well beyond crazy. A very short time ago the idea of a "vax passport" was an extreme conspiracy theory that everyone including Trudeau said was off the table as not the Canadian way. And that was when we thought it was MORE deadly than it is. Yet here we are.

Our governor in Washington fired unvaccinated snowplow drivers and ferry operators. Again, even the ones who ALREADY HAD COVID. We had a freak storm, and it shut down all truck routes in for days. There was an entire crew sitting up at the pass, each alone in their truck, with a plow and a blower on the front, ready to push the snow off the road and reopen a major route. Nope. Not allowed! They were told not to touch the snow and the state had to pay for a contractor to come move it. GMAFB.

When things stop making sense, it's time to stop complying. I could give two fucks if the gofundme page was set up by a Maverick party or Jesus or Kanye West or Hitler's corpse. I also don't care what other causes some rando trucker puts a sign on their truck for. No doubt when you get that many people, you're gonna get a mix of weirdos too. That's kind of the point of freedom. It's not freedom if it's only messaging you and Justin Trudeau agree with.

Don't you guys know a lot of vaccinated people who have caught covid anyway? Why are people still getting 3rd and 4th shots? I realize that once you get yours, it's no longer something to give a shit about, but how much longer are you going to carry water for Justin's bullshit?

Also, since people like Thaco are completely making things up and spreading fake news...

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

That sounds very altruistic of them, except when they didn't do anything when every other federally regulated industry was mandated last year. It's only when truckers were mandated that truckers suddenly decided it wasn't ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    nobody expected the Jan6 capitol attack to be a terrorist event

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    That sounds very altruistic of them, except when they didn't do anything when every other federally regulated industry was mandated last year. It's only when truckers were mandated that truckers suddenly decided it wasn't ok.
    What other federally mandated industry is as important as trucking?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Rail, and marine. Aviation to a much lesser extent.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I swear this is a trick question. But I haven't figured out how yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Model S

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    However, anyone I've ever talked to who would support this kind of thing will accept nothing short of Trudeau putting himself in jail for the rest of his life for crimes against the west and the Liberals never being in power for the rest of human existence.
    I am delighted to inform you that this is no longer true! I would happily accept Trudeau lifting the mandates and have no interest in that other stuff. Based on your comment I also conclude that you probably haven't talked to a single person supporting this.

Although him stepping down would be great too, that's not the goal.

Do I think it will stop the mandates? No, unfortunately. I support it and threw a fair sum of money at it, despite believing it likely wont be effective. I am also concerned about collateral damage for any poor schmuck who has to commute, because I know how infuriating that is. When protestors used to take over bridges in Vancouver and add an hour to my commute, all I could think was that I don't know what's being protested, but I'm now against whatever the protestors are saying just because they ruined my day.

Unfortunately it will probably take a lot of organizing and strategy to make a dent, something the leftist activists are VERY good at, but folks like truckers don't have those networks built out due to the fact that they tend to be the ones actually working.

They have to cause enough pain to Trudeau without pissing off the rest of the population in the process, or make him fear that he'll lose his seat. I'm not seeing a good way to do either of those, but I'll happily support them raising the temperature in the mean time.

Funny enough, guess what the one group down here was to get exemptions, both from vaccination/masking as well as having to return to work. The teachers unions. Because that threatens re-election. Now we have liberals fighting liberals because they still won't do their job, and it's causing a real problem for the liberal mayors, cause parents are sick of their kids sitting at home for 2 years getting dumber and being further behind. Not to mention the increase in suicidal kids who think if they go outside or take off their mask, they're gonna die.

For a 6 year old, they've been like this since they were 4, a third of their life, and since memories don't really start forming until 3 or so, the only life they have known is one where everyone wears masks and is freaked out over this shit that absolutely will not hurt them. All so that these neurotic misinformed adults can feel semi-safe.

Once Feb hits, everyone should just try acting normal again and pretending covid doesn't exist. We are certain to learn that all of this nonsense is self-inflicted at this point. It's okay. You don't need Justin's permission.

And for the love of god, take charge and teach your kids by example what it means to be independent and self-sufficient, or we're gonna get another generation of unproductive government teat suckers that need to be told what to do by the nearest "expert". Otherwise, you better get used to living with them, because they sure as shit won't figure out how to move out of your house and take care of themselves before they're 40.

Agree... Disagree... It really isn't about that IMHO. It is just the sparking off point finally. Too much disjointed shit everywhere and constantly has led to it happening. Will it fizzle and die? Probably. We are Canadians after all, but honestly it has been simmering for a long time and took the truckers to set it off, however feeble or inspiring anyone finds it.

While it is strictly an opinion piece from a "newsy' personality, Rex kinda has a grasp on this one...

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...ngry-canadians

My Ride
    Nissan x2

Can’t the government just maintain the status quo? Offer an apology, call for reconciliation and payout the truckers? It’s what turdeau does best.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by tirebob View Post
    While it is strictly an opinion piece from a "newsy' personality, Rex kinda has a grasp on this one...

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex...ngry-canadians
    That's exactly what this is, a proxy.

“Truck drivers have hit the proverbial wall & every tactile thing in your life is moved by them. This goes far beyond the mandate issue, that’s just the snapping point for many. There are many factors at play — truckers being the constant, proverbial scapegoat for a crumbling supply chain is front & centre.

“I want to be clear that this has been brewing for decades.”

In the early days of COVID, truckers were being sung as heroes. That melody has ceased. It should be restarted.
    Start paying what truckers are worth and stop this globalization exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by jutes View Post
    Can’t the government just maintain the status quo? Offer an apology, call for reconciliation and payout the truckers? It’s what turdeau does best.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-25-2022 at 06:25 PM.

My Ride
    Model S

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Rex is a good writer.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    nothing that Quebec does should be a surprise to anybody, especially those who live there.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

what a waste of time, Trudeau will be somewhere in Barbados chilling anyways.

As if they are the only ones got impacted by covid

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    what a waste of time, Trudeau will be somewhere in Barbados chilling anyways.

As if they are the only ones got impacted by covid
    So go do something about it.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    This is what I was going to say. What's the message?

Is it anti-vaxx or anti-restrictions? My view is those desires are conflicting.

If people would just get vaxxed then there's obviously less need for restrictions. If people want freedom to not get vaxxed then they can't expect the freedom to go around spreading a disease.

I can choose to get drunk or drive my car. I can't get drunk and then drive my car because it endangers the lives of others. Pretty fucking simple.
    This is a rather silly thing to get hung up on. If anyone is fighting for Charter Freedoms, then the anti vaxxers are going to latch on to that as well, as those rights are what allow them to be anti vax in the first place. But that doesn't mean they represent any real majority in the movement. And they aren't relevant to your own views and values in regards to your Charter Rights. You either value those rights, or you don't. If you're flippant enough to just throw away freedoms because a small group of weirdos value them, then you never valued them to begin with.

What a crazy outlook? "If you people would just do what we tell you to do, we wouldn't have to force you to do it" lol wow!

The vaccine debate is a separate one from charter rights. It just so happens if you believe in charter rights, then by virtue you have to allow people to make their own choices about vaccines among other things. But if you understood anything about the current state of things in regards to Covid, it's pretty clear that forcing people to get vaccinated at this point is a waste of time and effort. The vaccines are not preventing spread of whatever current variant is going around. And there is more than enough vaccinated and natural immunity to say we have done all we can.

Unfortunately your drinking and driving comparison isn't relevant to the discussion on vaccines. You think that forcing me to not drink and drive, is somehow going to prevent YOU from getting drunk and driving and crashing your own vehicle? That's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Well... If my grandmother needs to go to the hospital for something like chest pains, I'd prefer her "journey of care" to exclude getting CoVid from an HCA who never got her Grade-10 and lives in a trailer walking distance from the the town's bar.
    But it doesn't prevent that............ So again, what purpose does a vax mandate/passport serve? The vaccine is purely for the benefit of the individual to potentially decrease their likelihood of ending up in hospital if they contract covid. So the only potential argument that exists at this point is that vaccination is to prevent hospital being full. But you have to include natural immunity in those numbers which they're not doing. And it still only really applies to old fatties as they are still the demographic that gets hospitalized regardless of vaccination status.

Quote Originally Posted by davidI View Post
    Yes, with Omicron spread is less of a concern but the unvaccinated monopolizing hospital beds remains an issue.
    What is the number of at risk population left that hasn't been vaccinated or infected at this point? I have not seen those numbers anywhere. And just as predicted, hospital numbers are slowly flipping to majority being vaccinated patients. That's the funny part of this, vaccinated or not, it's still the same people at risk of hospitalization. Vax just keep a few of them from getting that bad.

My Ride
    ute

Rail, and marine. Aviation to a much lesser extent.
    Rail and Marine aren't, because you can replace marine (kinda), and rail (kinda), but you can't replace trucking.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by googe View Post
    Principles over tribes.

So many people who I thought were fair and principled just immediately abandoned all that and decided it's ok if it's happening to someone they don't like. It's pretty clear when the only real opposition is petty insults and demonstrably false justifications that fell apart forever ago. Hilarious when people try to invert the "Karen" thing when they're literally being the Karen and not minding their own business about autonomy over ones own health. And when confronted with that, they pivot back to anti-science arguments that are in no way supported by the facts.

I've never really aligned with conservatives, and still don't on many issues, but it makes no difference who is doing it or what else they believe. I'm thankful that we have many states around here that push back on the nonsense, and have largely proven based on their outcomes that the authoritarian measures are completely unnecessary bullshit, and increasingly so as time goes on. I was the first to advocate caution when this thing was new, but we are well beyond crazy. A very short time ago the idea of a "vax passport" was an extreme conspiracy theory that everyone including Trudeau said was off the table as not the Canadian way. And that was when we thought it was MORE deadly than it is. Yet here we are.

Our governor in Washington fired unvaccinated snowplow drivers and ferry operators. Again, even the ones who ALREADY HAD COVID. We had a freak storm, and it shut down all truck routes in for days. There was an entire crew sitting up at the pass, each alone in their truck, with a plow and a blower on the front, ready to push the snow off the road and reopen a major route. Nope. Not allowed! They were told not to touch the snow and the state had to pay for a contractor to come move it. GMAFB.

When things stop making sense, it's time to stop complying. I could give two fucks if the gofundme page was set up by a Maverick party or Jesus or Kanye West or Hitler's corpse. I also don't care what other causes some rando trucker puts a sign on their truck for. No doubt when you get that many people, you're gonna get a mix of weirdos too. That's kind of the point of freedom. It's not freedom if it's only messaging you and Justin Trudeau agree with.

Don't you guys know a lot of vaccinated people who have caught covid anyway? Why are people still getting 3rd and 4th shots? I realize that once you get yours, it's no longer something to give a shit about, but how much longer are you going to carry water for Justin's bullshit?

Also, since people like Thaco are completely making things up and spreading fake news...

Point 1: The cause is noble. They pick the wrong fucking time to do it tho when the most recent mandate is vaccination border crossing. So people immediately draw the conclsion.

Point 2: So it IS an anti-vax mandate protest. Again, take it to Biden and burn white house down. People actually think Trudope actually has a hand in this other than reciprocate roll over with the same measure? And anyone actually think Trudope actually can reverse anything what Biden admins do? If anything this is probably US again fucking with Canada for being too chummy with CCP as we need US more than US need us. What force vaccination? Isn't cross border shipping a choice? And where is O'Toole in all of this? At least Kenney pretend to talk to US for some solutions.

Anyway, seems like they finally got a PR guy working the thing. Unfortunately it took Gofundme freezing account before it's annouced.

I understand everyone is pissed and frustrated 3 years in. And as someone in Calgary, I don't really feel this "lock down" in this 4th/5th wave compared to previous ones even if the hospitals are almost at breaking point and surgeries are cancelled again. I can still go see a movie and go out for a bite. And other than Ontario/Quebec, most governments already see lock down won't be tolerated going forward seeing how muhc more hands off approach towards Omicron.

End of the day, we ain't paying truckers enough. Only if there is an organization that can fight for better treatments.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-25-2022 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gpomp View Post
    What they mean to say is: "My body, my choice" and "Her body, my choice".
    Mind blowing how many people can't wrap their head around the abortion conundrum. I am fully supportive of abortion, I'd actually like to see it mandated in a lot of circumstances. But the pro life crowd wins the debate all day every day, so it's a stupid argument to enter into. Your right to choose does not supersede somebodies right to life. Your choice on vaccination does not conjure up this issue, but abortion does.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaco View Post
    nobody expected the Jan6 capitol attack to be a terrorist event, until they got there, and it turned in to one, there's still time.
    Dear Christ, please tell me you're not this in the dark about the Jan 6 event? Unless you're referring to the FBI being a terrorist organization now?

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Dear Christ, please tell me you're not this in the dark about the Jan 6 event? Unless you're referring to the FBI being a terrorist organization now?
    this guy works for the FBI? lolol
    Name:  52169b7b-9379-4d8c-a827-7263aab635e7-AFP_AFP_8YA6MQ.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  341.8 KB
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    ^^ Fact Checked

No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

Page 6 of 153 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 16 ... LastLast