Quantcast
Crypto Mining Thread - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Crypto Mining Thread

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does anyone follow Eth dev as a whole? More chatter about EIP-1559 is surfacing lately with potentially trying to include it this summer.

TL;DR: Restructure the Eth fees to adjust the fees to be more predictable but also burn some of the transaction fees as a form of slowing down inflation. Looks like it could hurt miners profitability quite a bit. Currently rewards are 2ETh block reward + 2.2Eth transaction fees. If some or more of the transaction fees are burnt that'd be a huge hit to profitability.

https://github.com/ethereum/EIPs/blo...PS/eip-1559.md
    thanks, been lurking the reddit ethermining and nicehash group to understand the situation, will read more into this but not going to lie. I don't fully understand the details and impact so been reading as much as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    So switched to 2miner eth pool today from NH... since I force NH to only mine eth anyways... holy, averaging about double what NH was paying me so far

Got great stats yet as I was having some issues sorting out multi cards in this machine, but been a few hours now and it’s still holding
    switched my 1060 to 2miner and see how it fares. it was averaging about 2 USD on NH and even Ethermine so I'm curious to see how 2miner fares.
    regarding NH and Ethermine, it actually looked like NH was more profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    NH Miner went offline while I'm at work, is it because of the new user agreement kicking in?
    the agreement started March 1st and it is just for the website, your rig should still be mining regardless.
    do you have a way to remote to your rig?

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by Ukyo8 View Post
    NH Miner went offline while I'm at work, is it because of the new user agreement kicking in?
    Try downloading the NH app and remotely stopping then starting your mining. Could be it switched to a new coin and your windows firewall freaked out

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    thanks, been lurking the reddit ethermining and nicehash group to understand the situation, will read more into this but not going to lie. I don't fully understand the details and impact so been reading as much as I can.

switched my 1060 to 2miner and see how it fares. it was averaging about 2 USD on NH and even Ethermine so I'm curious to see how 2miner fares.
    regarding NH and Ethermine, it actually looked like NH was more profitable.

the agreement started March 1st and it is just for the website, your rig should still be mining regardless.
    do you have a way to remote to your rig?
    Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Try downloading the NH app and remotely stopping then starting your mining. Could be it switched to a new coin and your windows firewall freaked out
    I've always been able to start/stop the rig from the app, but that options is greyed out now for some reason, will have to figure it out once I get home

My Ride
    rally pig

^did you figure it out what was the problem?

So switched to 2miner eth pool today from NH... since I force NH to only mine eth anyways... holy, averaging about double what NH was paying me so far

Got great stats yet as I was having some issues sorting out multi cards in this machine, but been a few hours now and it’s still holding
    it was nice seeing my 1060 mining at reported 30MH/s at first but after 24 hours it's reporting now to the more expected 19-20MH/s speed.

at this rate it is earning 0.001 ETH/day with no payout until 0.05 ETH. Might have to move my 3070 to help out but also means I'm stuck mining with 2miner for for the next 3-4 weeks.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    ^did you figure it out what was the problem?

it was nice seeing my 1060 mining at reported 30MH/s at first but after 24 hours it's reporting now to the more expected 19-20MH/s speed.

at this rate it is earning 0.001 ETH/day with no payout until 0.05 ETH. Might have to move my 3070 to help out but also means I'm stuck mining with 2miner for for the next 3-4 weeks.
    Yeah, I have two cards working away, 80-110mh/s fluctuations. After a day I think it’s still doing better than NH, plus one less jump to get the coin where I want it (binance)... the free coinbase transfers at half the amount from NH we’re getting expensive to transfer to binance haha... was losing damn near a day’s worth of mining by the time it was in that account

I do have NH running too though, maybe have acquired a hard to find card yesterday... that does well on any coin besides eth if ya know what I mean hahaha

NH for octopus makes sense to me, since CFX is barely listed anywhere. Rather be paid in BTC

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Just hit the magic 0.05 mark on Ethermine and saw the deposit show up in my wallet.

Looks like 6 days with a 3080 mining intermittently between 40MH/s and 110MH/s, and a 1070 doing a solid 30MH/s.

Now I just need to see my power bill to find out if it was worth it.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

So, I still don't understand a lot of this. I watch my rig mining, and everytime a share is found, it tells me the actual difficulty if mining the share. Usually it is between 400 and 2000 MH.

However, I have also seen quite a few GH ones followed by (!) and once I saw a TH (!!!). I don't know enough to know what to google, and everything I tried just tried to explain what a hash rate is.

What I can't figure out is, do I want to see these higher TH (!!!) And GH (!), Or is the lower the number the better?

Highest one I have seen so far in the miner is 28.2 TH..
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

I cant help with that, hopfully someone else can. With T-Rex Im getting updates every few seconds on my hashrate, GPU tempts and wattage used. But it's etherminer thats really giving me the relevant info; all my works going into a pool and I'm getting a percentage back based on my hashrate. But minute by minute it will tell me how much Ethereum my portion is.

Name:  etherminer.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  39.2 KB

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    So, I still don't understand a lot of this. I watch my rig mining, and everytime a share is found, it tells me the actual difficulty if mining the share. Usually it is between 400 and 2000 MH.

However, I have also seen quite a few GH ones followed by (!) and once I saw a TH (!!!). I don't know enough to know what to google, and everything I tried just tried to explain what a hash rate is.

What I can't figure out is, do I want to see these higher TH (!!!) And GH (!), Or is the lower the number the better?

Highest one I have seen so far in the miner is 28.2 TH..
    Sounds like Phoenix?

Best I can tell, it just is going to set pace for how many shares/min you’re clicking through. As pool percentage is still dictated by work done, hashrate is the important metric to keep tabs on

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Sounds like Phoenix?

Best I can tell, it just is going to set pace for how many shares/min you’re clicking through. As pool percentage is still dictated by work done, hashrate is the important metric to keep tabs on
    I am using NiceHash to mine ETH.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I am using NiceHash to mine ETH.
    Yeah, but the miner running within NH sounds like Phoenix, that’s the only one I have seen with that layout

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Mine splits between phoenix and excavator for the most part.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Name:  54450340-24B9-4CD9-82B5-742C58C21F4C.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  83.1 KB

Been working on putting this together, cards are running way cooler than before with the open air, has a glass front too but temps were creeping up with that attached.

Tricky to get a good layout so I can reach all the pcie slots, but it’s getting closer, need to fab something up for the rtx 3060, don’t like how it’s sitting currently. But should give me some space to get a few more cards in there, have another psu too... eventually wanna max out the pcie slots on this. Probably mount future cards in front of the fans, that 1080 ti is very happy over there

My Ride
    rally pig

^I take the top vcard is the 3060, 1080ti below and what's the bottom right?
    also what are the blue fans doing?

spikers previous screenshot is phoenix, it is what my miner rig is using for the 5700xt and 3060ti
    my 1060 on the same mining rig prefers trex though and on my gaming rig with NHQM, it uses excavator.

here's a good youtube video worth watching to bring anyone up to speed with current GPU mining and effect EIP-1559 will have.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Bottom right is ti, rtx 3060 up top (wanted it as the primary display card) basic 1080 FE below it

Fans would be pulling air out of the case if the glass was on the front. Currently they just look cool, and also help out the ti as msi didn’t built that guy with a back plate. It’s runing a solid 8C cooler over there than it did in the old case

My Ride
    rally pig

what temp are you getting on your cards?

I know I shouldnt be worried at all but I don't like my nvidia cards mining at over 50C and spinning 60% fan speed lol
    for summer I might have a dedicated fan blowing air even with cool air coming from the basement window.

looks like EIP 1559 is happening this July. expect 30-40% earning drop but hopefully it means value of ETH increases as well.
    https://www.coindesk.com/ethereum-im...ndon-hard-fork

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Higher than that! Haha... still trying to dial in lower temps without losing too much. That damn 1080 FE just refuses to drop below 65C, by far the highest. Fan is around 80%. Other two are about 56C and fan in mid 60s

Added another case fan and shuffled the cards a little... fair amount of work into modding that bracket to get the cards away from the mobo, way happier with this setup... even if that damn FE is still at 65C... sigh, at least it’s not pushing 70C anymore haha

Name:  6E967816-5546-443E-AF1B-B54080C9ADD2.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  63.3 KB

Name:  DCDBF4DC-3846-45B3-98E7-E8DFF90521D9.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  54.5 KB

Good enough till I get another card... about 7hr of down time is enough of a sacrifice already

My Ride
    06 S2000

What case is that? I should look into risers.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

thermaltake core p5 tg ti

It’s a heavy bastard, wall mountable too

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Decided I'd rather have cash than mining so I listed my two 3070s on kijiji. Both for 2,250$ and had over a dozen replies within 2 hours and tentatively sold for first thing tomorrow. Pretty crazy.

As much fun as mining is when I look at the profitability it'd take me half a year to recoup what I could sell them for. With the hash rate constantly rising I just don't see that happening as Eth would need to spike way higher than what it already is and I think the bubble is about run out.

The numbers looked a lot better when I compare MSRP vs mining but the currently inflated prices are nuts. I could've probably got a lot more for the cards too based on the messages. People were ready to etransfer me deposits instantly just to hold them.

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 19 ... LastLast