Xbox One (Was: Xbox Infinity) - Page 93 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 83 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 1875

Thread: Xbox One (Was: Xbox Infinity)

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mine fired up in 1080p for the loading and setup screens. Then I had to leave for a work call.

Being a grown up sucks.
    Haha same on the 1080p I was just joking. Solid 30 minutes of updates on mine.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

ugh, irritatingly my receiver doesn't seem to be playing nice with HDR... Passes 4K through no problem but all the HDR settings get greyed out. HDMI 1.4a so I shouldn't really be surprised. So had to run cable through the xbox again ( which wasn't my plan ) and just rain a toslink cable to the receiver. Less than ideal for sure.

Oh well, I kindof wanted to upgrade to Atmos anyways.

I'm just shocked my Cheapo HDMI that I ran through the wall is working...

Fuck games are loading fast on this thing, first thing I noticed. Also the supersampling engine is witchcraft on unsupported games, it works REALLY well on UI elements. Cant tell the difference at all from native 4k.
    Last edited by killramos; 11-07-2017 at 07:35 PM.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No pin difference between normal and high speed HDMI cables aside from shielding. All my old ass HDMI cables pass 4K HDR 60fps just fine. Would’ve sucked if I had to pull new wires through the walls.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I yanked the Kinect out of my setup today, sucked way more than an HDMI cable would have with the fat fucking connector on the end.

I'm a little perturbed that it turned my receiver into a fax machine... Especially since my TV doesn't support full HDR spec anyways ( though I think it looks a lot better and can notice it immediately on dark Netflix scenes etc. ).

I'm a quality nerd anyways and its just an excuse to update my audio. Need more cables for ATMOS unfortunately...

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m sad that Kinect is done. How the hell am I gonna learn the cool dance moves now?
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I’m having issues too. Stupid Vizio, only HDMI1 supports 4K/60/HDR. Others max out at 4K/30 and no HDR. And of course, switches that support that are hard to come by. Found one on amazon prime fingers crossed it works.

For now ripped out the Apple TV, threw XB1X on HDMI1, looks damn good. How will I ever play 1080p games again?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Haha yea I have the same issue, had to move everything to HDMI 1 for HDR, which conveniently doesn’t support ARC so now if I want to use the smart tv with my receiver I need to run an optical cable back to it.

Good thing the Xbox 1 supports 4K Netflix which is the only thing I used the arc for anyways.

Anyone given the amazon prime app a try? I heard it supports 4K on Xbox One X.

And yea the 4K is going to ruin 1080p for me, came upstairs to watch some tv later that night with the wife and fuck it looked blurry... thought I was having network issues lol.
    Last edited by killramos; 11-08-2017 at 09:16 AM.

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

So for switches, there aren't many choices out there without going into $1k+ territory. Had to dig deep into avsforums last night and found 3 options. All 3 work for Xbox One S, and 1 doesn't work properly for PS4 Pro for whatever reason (the Monoprice one).

https://www.amazon.ca/SMARTOOO-Switc...O%2B23031&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/TNP-Selector-H...+4k+hdr+switch

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=21614

I went with the Smartoo one. Will update if it works or not between my ATV4K and XBO-X.

Now I'm all worried about my next TV upgrades, both sit behind receivers, both receivers claim 4K passthrough but it seems like 4K/60hz/HDR is a pretty difficult task considering the high 18Gbps bandwidth requirements.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

The lack of standards could be a real problem in the future. I think if you are HDMI or whatever be 2.2 all the way through you should be ok.

Confirmed that the new amazon prime app is great and indeed supports 4K and HDR on the X. Watched Grand Tour for the first time in full 4K HDR.

I need to get some UHD blurays...

fact.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Everything is standardized. PS4 Pro issues seems to be that they deviate a bit from the standards and break some devices that have proper support. The key is the ability to handle 18Gbps bandwidth to enable 4K/60/HDR. Vizio obviously cut costs on their TVs because only HDMI1 can handle 18Gbps while other inputs can only hit 10Gbps, limiting color space and/or frame rate.

This is a good primer: http://www.acousticfrontiers.com/uhd-101-v2/

For movies, instead of UHD blurays, I've been really happy with Apple TV 4K. Mostly because I've been on the iTunes movies ecosystem for a while, and they upgraded a huge number of HD movies to 4K HDR for free. Can't complain!

Best visual quality movies so far for me, Lucy, Atomic Blonde, Fate of the Furious (F8), John Wick, Spider-Man Homecoming. The outdoor scenes in Snatched is really solid too, and you get to see Amy Schumer's boobs in 4K HDR. :barf

Still need to buy Wonder Woman, I hear that's got some pretty bad ass visuals as well.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I never really broke into iTunes for movies and as such never bought myself an apple tv. I own maybe 3 movies from iTunes that i only bought on sales prior to going on a trip where i anticipated being offline.

I have a pretty extensive hard copy movie collection though and I used to rip a lot of them into iTunes with Handbrake. That stopped when I got into Blu-rays but i think a lot of them even come with the free iTunes downloads. I have just never bothered. I enjoy collecting movies and TV shows. and Blu-rays look really great. I have used my Xbox's as my main home media hub since the Xbox 360.

Even so, i would say 90% of my media consumption is through Netflix and CraveTV. Crave kindof sucks but they have some shows that I really like on there so i put up with it. I only realized i had Amazon Prime Video last week ( i just figured it wasn't included in my Student Prime subscription ).

fact.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I have a PS4 Pro and I can say that Wolfenstein 2 on the XB1 X looks noticeably better in 4k. No HDR support yet for a lot of these games which is a bummer.

I don't think I will be using the input on my vizio with hdr as the lag was kind of noticeable yesterday changing from the gaming input. It goes from about 15ms to 43ms.

Here is the insects app if anyone wants to try. I couldn't find it on the console store.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/stor...e/9p798w4vdt91

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    https://www.amazon.ca/SMARTOOO-Switc...O%2B23031&th=1

I went with the Smartoo one. Will update if it works or not between my ATV4K and XBO-X.
    Update. Works perfectly. AppleTV passes through 4K/60/Dolby Vision, XB One X passes through 4K/60/HDR10.

Problem solved!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Finally started up COD WW2. Was waiting till I got everything setup with the switch to fully enjoy the experience. For shits and giggles, replayed the first 2 missions on my XB1 downstairs, 1080p. Looked like shit haha.

I think I’m more impressed by HDR than 4K. 4K is nice when your paying attention to the random ass details, but that’s rare in the heat of battle. HDR tho? Holy fuck haha. Just looks so much more life like with lighting. Wider color with HDR also impressive. CODWW2 feels like playing a vintage war movie. So good.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Agreed on the HDR, and my tv doesn’t even technically meet spec for the standard (I think it misses out on peak brightness measurement). At the distance I sit 4K doesn’t make a huge difference to me but I feel like the overall emersion is a big step up on the X but in a subtle way. I’m sure if I starred playing games in 1080p again it would look like shit.

Project cars looks great in HDR, and Halo 5 looked pretty great for the couple games of war zone I tried.

The game loading times are crazy improved though on the X. I think my next step is going to be getting a 256gb SSD for whatever games I am actively playing to remove that hottleneck. So weird that the Xbox One elite had a better Hdd than the X does.

Overall seems like a great console, I might actually buy an assasins creed game for the first time since black flag just to get the full X experience. Also need to get another play through of gears 4 in!

fact.

Hmm maybe I will have to switch back to the hdr input. You guys don't notice any lag playing? I guess it could have been WW2 MP lag I was experiencing. Gears 4 has a cool splitscreen mode with hdr on/off.

Looks like HDD is much faster.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by beecue View Post
    Hmm maybe I will have to switch back to the hdr input. You guys don't notice any lag playing? I guess it could have been WW2 MP lag I was experiencing. Gears 4 has a cool splitscreen mode with hdr on/off.

Looks like HDD is much faster.
    I don't think it's the HDD that's faster I think the new RAM and processor's uptick in speed that helps. Cause I believe it's still a 5400rpm spinner

My Ride
    Grimace

That network transfer is so slow that I couldn't even play anything last night. Just wanted to try Forza in 4k and both xboxes kept going to sleep and then would fail the installation
    Looking forward to trying origins tonight since I have that on disc at least.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    That network transfer is so slow that I couldn't even play anything last night. Just wanted to try Forza in 4k and both xboxes kept going to sleep and then would fail the installation
    Looking forward to trying origins tonight since I have that on disc at least.
    You can turn system sleep off, I transferred 4xxgb of games in 3hrs when I did my transfer

Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 83 92 93 94 LastLast