Quantcast
Predictions for a Biden presidency - MEGA THREAD - Page 15 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15

Thread: Predictions for a Biden presidency - MEGA THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Biden wanting a 2035 carbon free energy sector is a lofty goal. If he gets two terms its definitely doable, but then again most things are doable in two terms - even a wall.

What are the logistical challenges and cost? Pretty high, but it would mean that many more pipelines will become endangered. As to how severely this will affect Alberta is anyones guess.
    Whether he gets 8 years or not, rewriting the laws of thermodynamics is definitely NOT doable in his term(or in any other terms for the forseeable next century.)
    Last edited by Misterman; 02-02-2021 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Wow, I had no idea. It's been just wonderful not paying any attention to that Southern Trainwreck.
    So painfully inefficient, though! Nope - can't simply reduce taxes by $2k/person... They need a cheque and we need to be able to tell them about it.
    Fail.
    Don't be too quick to forget the trainwreck you're currently associated with by default. We are steam rolling to 20% mortgage interest rates here in Canada.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Wow, I had no idea. It's been just wonderful not paying any attention to that Southern Trainwreck.
    So painfully inefficient, though! Nope - can't simply reduce taxes by $2k/person... They need a cheque and we need to be able to tell them about it.
    Fail.
    That concept doesn’t work out so well for people who don’t pay taxes as Ol’ Mitt would say
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Fail.
    It can’t be worse than giving a 15 year old high school kid 20 grand in cerb money. I think that was something like 650M that Trudeau wasted.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

20k Monopoly Money.

We are talking about REAL money here.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Whether he gets 8 years or not, rewriting the laws of thermodynamics is definitely NOT doable in his term(or in any other terms for the forseeable next century.)
    I dunno. The Three gorges puts out six nuke plants of excess power for about half of the year. Combustion engine is max 21% efficient, electric motor is more like 60% - that and you can make it so that a 30 pound personal scooter at 1 horsepower can move a human at 50 km/h pretty easily as long as the roads are completely flat. How much of the population do you need to switch over for (gasoline) consumption to drop? 10%? 15%?

Are the numbers that oil people use based on unsustainable levels of consumption? If you continue down the path of ever increasing consumption, then a few thousand US citizens will be using 2 million gallons of fuel for a single space trip (instead of a weekend flight for a round of golf)

'Stage One's five rocket engines burned 20 tonnes of kerosene and hydrogen fuel per second to power Apollo to 42 miles above the Earth.' Ask a boomer, this might be "the future", ask a Gen Z - "no way am I paying for that".
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-03-2021 at 06:11 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

I dunno. The Three gorges puts out six nuke plants of excess power for about half of the year. .
    Which one of Bidens world record setting number of Executive Orders mentions building more dams?

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    Which one of Bidens world record setting number of Executive Orders mentions building more dams?
    None, because if they remove the solar panel tariff, they could buy the solar panels they are producing off the three gorges. Currently the USA buys most of its solar.

Six nuclear plants makes a lot of solar panels. Even half of the SPR would make a lot of solar panels. Yes, the USA would have to burn, but even at 1:1 ratio production of electricity, 3x more efficient in rotational electric motor more than makes it worthwhile. If the combustion engine was 60% efficient then it would be a story of "why bother" other than to reduce local emissions

When a combustion car is 21% efficient it still creates 79% heat, which in hot places - is extra detrimental because you have to add airconditioning to keep the passengers from roasting to death. It can be much closer to 10% rotational efficiency if you want to keep 19 celsius air in Arizona.

In which case, if your primary energy expenditure is on air conditioning - might as well just create electricity to start with. The idea of burning natural gas to extract crude to then refine gasoline to put into a tank, so that is can be burned to rotate and generate electricity for an air conditioning system is crazy. Just burn the natural gas, melt a silicon panel, and directly power both a 60% efficient rotor and cooling system.

Oil people in Alberta and Texas far overweigh their stranglehold on energy. It can be taken away in a matter of a decade, it very well may be. Realistically, ten seconds worth of fuel for a moon rocket can melt enough silicon to power up a small township for 20 years. Its just a matter of what you feel is important at the time.

Germany is pretty much halfway to no carbon, even though they live in a cloudy country. If the USA can put a man on the moon in four years, then no-carbon grid should be trivial.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 02-03-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

None, because if they remove the solar panel tariff, they could buy the solar panels they are producing off the three gorges. Currently the USA buys most of its solar.

Six nuclear plants makes a lot of solar panels. Even half of the SPR would make a lot of solar panels. Yes, the USA would have to burn, but even at 1:1 ratio production of electricity, 3x more efficient in rotational electric motor more than makes it worthwhile. If the combustion engine was 60% efficient then it would be a story of "why bother" other than to reduce local emissions

When a combustion car is 21% efficient it still creates 79% heat, which in hot places - is extra detrimental because you have to add airconditioning to keep the passengers from roasting to death. It can be much closer to 10% rotational efficiency if you want to keep 19 celsius air in Arizona.

In which case, if your primary energy expenditure is on air conditioning - might as well just create electricity to start with. The idea of burning natural gas to extract crude to then refine gasoline to put into a tank, so that is can be burned to rotate and generate electricity for an air conditioning system is crazy. Just burn the natural gas, melt a silicon panel, and directly power both a 60% efficient rotor and cooling system.

Oil people in Alberta and Texas far overweigh their stranglehold on energy. It can be taken away in a matter of a decade, it very well may be. Realistically, ten seconds worth of fuel for a moon rocket can melt enough silicon to power up a small township for 20 years. Its just a matter of what you feel is important at the time.

Germany is pretty much halfway to no carbon, even though they live in a cloudy country. If the USA can put a man on the moon in four years, then no-carbon grid should be trivial.
    Still crazy as ever I see.

My Ride
    *The First*

Summary of this thread's activity for February 3rd, 2021:

Name:  Screenshot_20210203-222515_Firefox.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  50.7 KB
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 02-03-2021 at 11:28 PM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Last edited by ExtraSlow; 02-05-2021 at 08:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Silverado

All of a sudden cbc cares about pipelines now that there is a direct impact to those fucks out east

Jen Psaski has no answer for all the thousands of jobs lost for killing the XL Pipeline

Maybe, she should have circled back

As the WH Press office has been caught screening questions from reporters ahead of the briefings, I guess she didn't expect this one.

This is an administration that seemed to have forgotten the Byrd Rule. They probably didn't realize pipelines are built by people.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15