29k MSRP for a Civic Si coupe 1.5T

Just go get a 2 door GTI for 30k lol.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Where is the greatest race car of them all in that ad? The Accord 6-6

Fixed that for ya.
    So pissed that they didn't put the Accord 6-6 in that ad. Probably was intentional though. They don't want to let that cat out of the bag.

Also agree that the new Si is pretty ugly looking and overpriced.

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by Redlined_8000

Nothing wrong with a Base GTI but the SI will be fully loaded for 30k. To get into a similar optioned GTI you would be closer to 36.

I guess I am in the minority here but I think that 30k is a great price for this car. LSD, Adaptive Suspension, fairly loaded, and it weighs like 2900 lbs.
    Last edited by mzdspd; 05-18-2017 at 02:36 PM.

There will be a pretty huge difference in equipment and interior appointments between the two since the Si is supposedly based off the Touring civic, which has a ridiculous amount of features/options. The GTI requires about $8K of options on it before you hit the same level and even then it still doesn't have as much. You are paying a good sized premium for that 2.0T, which of course is an excellent motor and a big draw, but it's not really an apples to apples comparison.

I agree with the previous poster that around $30K is a perfect price for a car like this, and for as well equipped as it will be. If you want a similarly appointed GTI it's going to cost you a lot more. If you're willing to buy a base model, there are always better price-performance vehicles regardless of what category you're shopping in.

A simple flash on the base 1.5T gets you 225 HP / 254 TQ, so the Si can likely do better yet. I'm sure you can get more out of the GTI but that's pretty decent for a loaded model for ~30K.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-18-2017 at 02:57 PM.

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

I wonder how good the stock intercooler and downpipe will be on the Civic SI to be able to safely run that extra boost/power.

Simple flash (stage 1 APR) on base GTI is making nearly 300whp and 330wtq. Makes Focus ST owners jealous...our stage 1 flash from Cobb will make 240whp and over 300wtq due to a small turbo.

Focus ST can be had for 30k. I walked out the dealership with mine for not a dollar over $30k (new) with all the bells and whistles (minus the $500 ricing stripes) back in 2015. 90% of ST's we get in Canada (and the RS) are the mostly-loaded ST3/RS3 package.

I saw a "What did you pay" thread, and the ST1's they have in the U.S. (base model) people down there are getting them OTD for as low as $21k USD. No Recaro's, sunroof, or Sync/Nav in one of those. These SI's are starting at 23,5 down there.

Performance crap aside, as a day to day car, I know I already prefer and think the new Civic (touring EX-T) interior is nicer than the Focus ST, heck it's nicer than a lot of the E90/92 3 series BMW interiors. GTI interior I'd say is still a notch above the SI and has a seamless infotainment system. I don't think I've yet driven a Japanese car with a good infotainment system, a lot more fond of Chrysler UConnect or Ford Sync. But like is said, a lot more money to equip a German car, be it a GTI or a Porsche. The Honda will make up for it with features, LSD, and handling will probably be a lot closer to a Fiesta ST - interested to hear from journalists comparing the two.

Touring Civic has all those driver's aid semi-autonomous nannies (cross traffic, sensors all over, park assist) and that thing Honda has where signalling to make a right lane change will automatically turn on the camera in the right side mirror housing and display a view of the next lane on the screen tacked on the center stack. Pretty neat.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

There is no more 3 door GTI. 2018s will only be 5 door.

But, they are now 35 colours to choose from. Bad news is 30 of those colors are a standalone $3,000 option.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by Aleks

The US Si is based off lower trim Civics. In Canada our Si will be based off Touring sedan.

My guess is only one loaded trim level $28,990 MSRP before fees. This car will be made in Canada so, it has that going for it vs the hatch. It uses the mass produced 1.5T engine too.
    I was off $100-$500. Not bad

MSRP is $28,890 for coupe, $28,490 for sedan.
    Last edited by Aleks; 05-19-2017 at 09:45 AM.

Looks like $31,721 OTD after Tax, Freight/PDI, with zero discount. Ended up around $1000 cheaper than I thought, that's great. Should be pretty easy to get around $30K all in. They priced it well IMO, I don't think anyone can say it's overpriced at this point.

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Reviews embargo gets lifted on June 6, should be interesting to see how this does against the GTI and Fiesta ST.
    Last edited by gpomp; 05-19-2017 at 10:16 AM.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I think I paid around 30K for my Si 10 years ago, but that had a few extras added on. Either way, I wouldn't mind dropping the same money on a new one now, that's a nice price point.

edit- Wait, I'm seeing $32,141.81 cash price all in on Honda.ca

8yr/200K km warranty available for $2,748, wow
    Last edited by Swank; 05-19-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Originally posted by Swank
    I think I paid around 30K for my Si 10 years ago, but that had a few extras added on. Either way, I wouldn't mind dropping the same money on a new one now, that's a nice price point.

edit- Wait, I'm seeing $32,141.81 cash price all in on Honda.ca
    Sedan: $31,721.81 all in

Coupe: $32,141.81 all in

Should be able to get either pretty easily under $30K pre-tax unless they are super popular and dealers play games. It's probably an outstanding lease deal - you can already lease it for under $400/mo before any negotiation. The sedan is cheaper and has a higher residual.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-19-2017 at 10:58 AM.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Sedan: $31,721.81 all in

Coupe: $32,141.81 all in

Should be able to get either pretty easily under $30K pre-tax unless they are super popular and dealers play games. It's probably an outstanding lease deal - you can already lease it for under $400/mo before any negotiation. The sedan is cheaper and has a higher residual.
    Hmm. I'm liking the sedan.

I paid 30,200 OTD for my Si 9 years ago but included the front hfp lip and 3m. Basically the same price now. Great value.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Yah what you get in the new civic's is awesome!!!!!

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

More money for half the doors, damn coupes heh. I'll likely wait for the 2018's, I should get decent coin for mine, it's only at around 106K now for km. Doesn't mean I can't tease myself with a test drive or 2 before then

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Originally posted by Aleks

I was off $100-$500. Not bad

MSRP is $28,890 for coupe, $28,490 for sedan.
    I had both Coupe and Sedan right down to exact dollar. Helps though if you know someone in corporate.
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

My Ride
    V8s

Haven't read the whole thread, apologies if this has already been said...

Why the hell aren't they putting SH-AWD in this thing? I likely will never own another FWD car, so for that reason alone, I wouldn't consider buying a type-r... but it is attractive in almost every other respect. Granted it would bump up the price of the car, it would put it on the radar for a wider audience, put it in closer competition with Golf R, etc.

Am I out to lunch in thinking this?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by cjblair
    Haven't read the whole thread, apologies if this has already been said...

Why the hell aren't they putting SH-AWD in this thing? I likely will never own another FWD car, so for that reason alone, I wouldn't consider buying a type-r... but it is attractive in almost every other respect. Granted it would bump up the price of the car, it would put it on the radar for a wider audience, put it in closer competition with Golf R, etc.

Am I out to lunch in thinking this?
    Yes. There is no awd platform it can use. As far as I know civic and 2018-19 accord platform have no awd provisions.

The current accord platform does because of the tlx and the cuv's.

This car when reviewed should impress a lot of people. I think it might be the first (?) fwd car to be pulling 1G laterally.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Darkane

Yes. There is no awd platform it can use. As far as I know civic and 2018-19 accord platform have no awd provisions.

The current accord platform does because of the tlx and the cuv's.

This car when reviewed should impress a lot of people. I think it might be the first (?) fwd car to be pulling 1G laterally.
    Oh, duh. Guess it was too late when I wrote that.

Also, they need to develop a new one that the civic can use!

No doubt, it's going to be an awesome car. I'm sure there will be lots of people that love it.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

I'm hoping to buy one in a year or 2 after the hype is done.

USA price on the Type R is $33,900

Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25 34 35 36 45 ... LastLast