Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 41 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 41 of 193 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Am I the only one who likes the faceid concept way better than the fingerprint scanner?
    Its my favorited feature of my surface and in practice I feel like touchid success rate is below 70%.

The only time my surface doesn't work is when windows has a hiccup and doesn't activate the sensor and it just sits there waiting. But even with the shot reliability of windows its well over 90%. Even outdoors.

Sensor on the back of the device is just a sad hack.

I hope they bring faceid to the MacBook pro next.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Am I the only one who likes the faceid concept way better than the fingerprint scanner?
    Its my favorited feature of my surface and in practice I feel like touchid success rate is below 70%.

The only time my surface doesn't work is when windows has a hiccup and doesn't activate the sensor and it just sits there waiting. But even with the shot reliability of windows its well over 90%. Even outdoors.

Sensor on the back of the device is just a sad hack.

I hope they bring faceid to the MacBook pro next.
    I don't mind the face ID concept but I just wish we had both options for convenience sake.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The point of FaceID is that it makes fingerprints unnecessary. You're always facing the screen anyways when you use your fingerprint so there's no additional convenience in needing a fingerprint. At least in theory, we'll see how it is in practice.

I too have used Windows Hello facial recognition on my SP4, and absolutely love it when its working. Funny that killramos has the same issue as me, camera not waking up on SP randomly. The SP is so flaky, and the sad thing is, it's mostly software that's shitty. It could be so much better.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea I will need to see how it works in practice once I get my phone. Will be interesting in different lighting like dark, sun etc. They've already shown that it can be faked if you are identical twins when fingerprint couldn't. So that's one drawback in a way but obviously not very many people with twins out there.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    How is this phone so expensive? I dont really understand how apple can increase the cost of their products by $200 or more every release. For instance in NZD the 256GB iPhone X is $2100 bought outright. Exchange rate of CAD to NZD is 1:1.13

My other question is how come this phone doesn't have the standard and large format like all the other phones before it.
    When iphone started 10 years ago, Shenzhen wages are low. Now Shenzhen cost almost as much as HK.

http://www.scmp.com/business/china-b...-still-make-10

There is a reason why Oneplus one 3 years ago was $350 and now close to $700.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-01-2017 at 11:44 AM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    The point of FaceID is that it makes fingerprints unnecessary. You're always facing the screen anyways when you use your fingerprint so there's no additional convenience in needing a fingerprint. At least in theory, we'll see how it is in practice.

I too have used Windows Hello facial recognition on my SP4, and absolutely love it when its working. Funny that killramos has the same issue as me, camera not waking up on SP randomly. The SP is so flaky, and the sad thing is, it's mostly software that's shitty. It could be so much better.
    Is hilarious how bad Microsoft is at integrating what is ultimately great hardware into their own OS, surface should be so much better than it is. But yea the windows hello hardware is awesome and should be in every laptop.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Yea I will need to see how it works in practice once I get my phone. Will be interesting in different lighting like dark, sun etc. They've already shown that it can be faked if you are identical twins when fingerprint couldn't. So that's one drawback in a way but obviously not very many people with twins out there.
    Let me know when you want to sell it for cheep rofl

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    Is hilarious how bad Microsoft is at integrating what is ultimately great hardware into their own OS, surface should be so much better than it is. But yea the windows hello hardware is awesome and should be in every laptop.
    With Apple, it'll be in every Mac in a couple years haha. Microsoft is so bad at getting things to work well enough for mass adoption, their Windows Hello camera on the SP4 is pretty much the exact same setup as the iPhone X (X adds a dot projector for better depth detail), beat Apple by 2 years, and still very few people know about it on the SP's, let alone setting it up and using it consistently.

It's like with HoloLens, so much want when it was announced, playing games on your home desk, and now? Nothing. Apple makes that simple for devs with ARKit, quickly becomes reality, pushes it out, and AR content everywhere for everyone with a half decent phone.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Update, my order has been shipped by UPS Express Saver coming from Ontario.. Now the waiting game lol

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

With Apple, it'll be in every Mac in a couple years haha. Microsoft is so bad at getting things to work well enough for mass adoption, their Windows Hello camera on the SP4 is pretty much the exact same setup as the iPhone X (X adds a dot projector for better depth detail), beat Apple by 2 years, and still very few people know about it on the SP's, let alone setting it up and using it consistently.

It's like with HoloLens, so much want when it was announced, playing games on your home desk, and now? Nothing. Apple makes that simple for devs with ARKit, quickly becomes reality, pushes it out, and AR content everywhere for everyone with a half decent phone.
    Apple hasn't been "latest shit" since the initial iPhone. Even then, it was behind. Apple just does things so they "work." It might be the best or the most flexible, but shit mostly just works.

By the way, my MBP is awesome. Your SP4 sounds like it has issues. haha. I am pretty happy I didn't slog it out with the SP4 when it was released.

My Ride
    95B

Starting Nov 4th you can do In-Store reserve and pickup the iPhone X. It looks like Apple will be releasing limited quantity every day.

Hey guys something odd happened.. Apple pre authorized my card for the iphone so there was a pending payment in my account.. today I logged in and checked, the pre authorization is gone and no money deducted. Free iphone? lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    Hey guys something odd happened.. Apple pre authorized my card for the iphone so there was a pending payment in my account.. today I logged in and checked, the pre authorization is gone and no money deducted. Free iphone? lol
    More like order cancelled.

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    That's what I mentioned above...as soon as I placed both my orders I saw a charge from Apple store but it was for $0. Now it shows nothing at all and my order status still shows in progress with expected delivery of Nov 22-Nov 29.

More like order cancelled.
    lol no bro.. its been picked up by UPS

My Ride
    19 GLI

Apple doesn't charge your card till its officially shipped to you and on its way to your house

Default iPhone X

Anyone trying to get one today? Says 3-4 week delivery on the website, down from 5-6 week delivery about a week ago.

Either demand is down, or they've ramped up production. My work is moving to a phone allowance instead of a work phone, I guess just in time to pick up this overpriced POS

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by Super_Geo View Post
    Anyone trying to get one today? Says 3-4 week delivery on the website, down from 5-6 week delivery about a week ago.

Either demand is down, or they've ramped up production. My work is moving to a phone allowance instead of a work phone, I guess just in time to pick up this overpriced POS
    I saw the same thing when I checked it yesterday. My thoughts are that the demand is down. Will know for sure on Monday.

My Ride
    rally pig

co-worker told me that Telus store downtown has the 64GB silver in stock, black is the only one sold out.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    I saw the same thing when I checked it yesterday. My thoughts are that the demand is down. Will know for sure on Monday.
    With the going rate of X's on ebay and kijiji, I highly doubt demand is down.

Page 41 of 193 FirstFirst ... 31 40 41 42 51 ... LastLast