Quantcast
Apple Thread - Page 42 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 42 of 193 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Thread

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Mine showed up! Doing the transfer from the 7+ right now. The only issue is the x is on an older version of ios11 so I gotta update it first before I can transfer all my stuff over

Quote Originally Posted by eglove View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mine showed up! Doing the transfer from the 7+ right now. The only issue is the x is on an older version of ios11 so I gotta update it first before I can transfer all my stuff over
    Oh snap. Backup and restore method only works if both phones on same iOS version? I'm going from a 4S to X. Duh.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    Oh snap. Backup and restore method only works if both phones on same iOS version? I'm going from a 4S to X. Duh.
    Apparently it was a mistake as they forgot to do an 11.2 beta for iphone x. It's now posted on the beta profiles now

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    No, you can restore using newer version of iOS than used on the backup. So no issues from 4S to X. My X came with 11.0 while my backup was 11.1, so it upgraded during the setup/restore process.

The problem eglove is talking about are those that went to 11.2 beta. Apple never released 11.2 beta for the X, so people trying to setup their X from their 11.2 beta created backup were hooped.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    No, you can restore using newer version of iOS than used on the backup. So no issues from 4S to X. My X came with 11.0 while my backup was 11.1, so it upgraded during the setup/restore process.

The problem eglove is talking about are those that went to 11.2 beta. Apple never released 11.2 beta for the X, so people trying to setup their X from their 11.2 beta created backup were hooped.
    Oh good. Still waiting for it to show. Ups usually comes around quite late for my neighbourhood.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Apple release the 11.2 beta for the X this afternoon to correct that backup issue.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

I've tried to give Telus my money 3 times today on 2 different computers and it goes to an error page after payment. Shouldn't a telecommunications company be able to do better?

My Ride
    This and that.

Typically Apple store allows a few releases to be reserved and picked up in store. Does anyone know when that's starting locally? Mine are not due until end of the month but I'd like to pick up sooner if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    Typically Apple store allows a few releases to be reserved and picked up in store. Does anyone know when that's starting locally? Mine are not due until end of the month but I'd like to pick up sooner if I can.
    They did today, and sold out immediately. I am not sure if there will be anymore in store until after all orders have been filled.

My Ride
    2017 Q7, 2013 328 xDrive

The option to pick up was open before 6am but there was nothing showing. I kept checking and at first I got the silver, but I took too long to decide on a pick up time so it was gone. Managed to snag a 64GB space grey for pick up at Market. I pre-ordered the silver for Nov 21 - 28 delivery so I'll probably cancel that.

If anybody likes leather cases, Nomad makes pretty nice ones and Walmart.ca happen to sell them. Got a folio style case from them delivered yesterday.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

So far I'm liking it. It's taking a bit to get used to the size after have plus's for the last 3 years. Face ID is flawless IMO. Haven't had it stumble at all. My only gripes so far are that not all apps are updated so you get the lame vertical letterboxing. The other thing that annoys the shit out of me is the keyboard in almost all apps has such a huge amount of dead space...I understand the new additional app switcher gesture is down there, but c'mon Apple you couldn't put a row for numbers? or most used emoji or something??

Are you guys happy with the iphone X? The screen size feel so small compare to my 7 Plus

My Ride
    This and that.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReboot View Post
    The option to pick up was open before 6am but there was nothing showing. I kept checking and at first I got the silver, but I took too long to decide on a pick up time so it was gone. Managed to snag a 64GB space grey for pick up at Market. I pre-ordered the silver for Nov 21 - 28 delivery so I'll probably cancel that.

If anybody likes leather cases, Nomad makes pretty nice ones and Walmart.ca happen to sell them. Got a folio style case from them delivered yesterday.
    I got up at 5:50 this morning and wasn't expecting for the reservation to be option until 6 but low and behold at 5:54 it was already open. When I tried to reserve absolutely no option came up in Edmonton so that makes me think who knows for how long the reservations were option when they say it was supposed to be at 6. So for tomorrow, I don't know what time I should wake up and start monitoring it. Freaking ridiculous.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by BensonTT View Post
    Are you guys happy with the iphone X? The screen size feel so small compare to my 7 Plus
    Isn’t the screen supposed to be bigger than the plus?

I’m liking the X so far, like others have said Face ID is pretty damn seamless, already don’t miss touch ID. I’m still fumbling with Apple Pay. Double clicking to trigger Face ID isn’t intuative at all. Also didn’t realize how often I used Apple Pay, which is a ton haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Isn’t the screen supposed to be bigger than the plus?
    I have seen many comparisons, apps and fonts actually looks smaller side by side to a plus.

I think it actually look and feel like a normal iPhone 8/7

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    I have seen many comparisons, apps and fonts actually looks smaller side by side to a plus.

I think it actually look and feel like a normal iPhone 8/7
    Yeah man exactly. Feels like a normal iphone 7/8 just a little bit longer in length.. If the width was just a little bit wider.. I would be very happy..

Am selling this shit and waiting for the iPhone X plus next year lol

My Ride
    an econo box

Once I got through all the Asians hogging the demo units at the Apple Store I was finally able to man-handle the X.

The screen is nice, not sure about that notch. I found one handed use to be super tedious. I prefer small phones and one handed use is a must for me. The physical design didn't blow me away either. The back colour looks a bit washed out/faded and the shiny metal edge around the phone looks kinda cheap. Almost Note 3-esque. Couldn't really test out face ID obviously but I use touch ID and Apple Pay so I'd have reservations.

The price is the biggest detractor for me. All things considered I prefer the regular iPhone 8.

My $0.02

My Ride
    This and that.

Ended up picking one up from Kijiji. Paid about $70 markup but whatever that's not too bad. Will think about keep one of my preorders and flipping that. Only drawback was had to settle for the 64gb version. But the duration I keep my phones not sure if that really matters.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

Just grabbed a 64gb from BestBuy, they have them reservable on their website. Has to be bought with a contract though.

Page 42 of 193 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast