Quantcast
The Mandela Effect? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mandela Effect?

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

The human animal is a terrible source for historical recollection.

Also, put down the bong.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

I recently just had this experience and had to look up the facts, and was introduced to the mandela effect via google. For example, I recall Sinbad being in a movie as a genie, with the title shazaam, but it doesn't exist, its actually shaq in a movie called Kazaam, LOL fuck, still cant get that pic of Sinbad as a genie out of my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by BerserkerCatSplat View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens with surprising regularity. "Luke, I am your father" was never spoken by Darth Vader, but it's probably the most iconic Star Wars line.
    I clearly 100% remember it as "No, I am your father" because, well, my father's automatic answer to everything was always NO and I was a huge Star Wars fan growing up so that one is crystal clear in my mind.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by tha_bandit View Post
    I recently just had this experience and had to look up the facts, and was introduced to the mandela effect via google. For example, I recall Sinbad being in a movie as a genie, with the title shazaam, but it doesn't exist, its actually shaq in a movie called Kazaam, LOL fuck, still cant get that pic of Sinbad as a genie out of my mind.
    But he was a genie!

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

^LOL, the 'lost tape'

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I know what you're referring to.

For the longest time I just assumed it was "Luke...I am your father."

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    For the longest time I just assumed it was "Luke...I am your father."
    That's because Simpsons did it, and personally I've seen that episode far more times than the Star Wars films.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

I never watched Shatner-era Star Trek but another one that comes to mind is Beam me up, Scotty.

That, and "Mirror Mirror on the wall" vs Magic Mirror.

I get that humans in general are terrible for recalling specific details. But the Berenstein bears is the one I can't get past. That's actually how I heard about Mandela effect. Not because I read stuff on the internet corroborating my Berenstein memory. But because I saw Berenstain written somewhere and I was like "That's wrong, wtf is that?" Then started looking up berenstein vs. berenstain and all this Mandela shit starts coming up. And even then I would probably just think I remembered it wrong, but I don't just remember reading it as Berenstein, I can still recall my Moms voice as she would read the books to us. Maybe she was just reading it wrong? Trippy.

Mandela effect aside, the whole theory about us being in a Matrix style simulation is kind of interesting. I can't wait till we figure out how to have a Matrix style true VR. Then it will be like Inception inside a Matrix.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

You can also add things like deja-vu to the mix as well - was it a recall of a thought or a dream? What gets weird is that sometimes people have been able to predict what was going to happen immediately after the deja-vu sensation.

Definitely things can get mixed with early childhood memories (I have recall from age 2) but I dont have any Mandela-like recalls that I am aware of.

My Ride
    NC1

I thought he said, Look, I’m your father.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

In a world where scientific truths are denied solely because it disagrees with someones fragile ego, it's no surprise that this sort of thing is becoming popular. Just look at the general attitude of people today, no one wants to admit to being wrong. Which of course also ties into that same fragile ego.
    When ego takes precedent over logic, a crazy theory is always going to be more appealing than accepting that memory is an extremely fallible process.

The world was always a flat rectangular map until they did a fundraiser drive for middle schools so that they could buy a globe for the library. Such is the reality of many schools around North America, which is probably why so many people in the USA still believe in Flat Earth (and Salt Lake City being a holy city more important than the Vatican or Mecca)

I mean, while Buzz was getting the benefit of 150 billion worth of spending, the rest of us were still using Mercator. Everyones perspective is skewed a little bit depending on the frame of reference they had coming in. I can fully understand if millennials end up hating Buzz, I mean realistically Buzz makes every white male teenage USA kid look like a retard incapable of tying their own shoes (whether or not its true, is subjective). That boomers champion Buzz, is kind of cruel to the kids.

And at least the kids in the USA have Mercator, a kid in Columbia would be lucky to have a bowl of corn flakes in the morning.

Last edited by ZenOps; 01-08-2019 at 06:17 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    The world was always a flat rectangular map until they did a fundraiser drive for middle schools so that they could buy a globe for the library. Such is the reality of many schools around North America, which is probably why so many people in the USA still believe in Flat Earth (and Salt Lake City being a holy city more important than the Vatican or Mecca)

I mean, while Buzz was getting the benefit of 150 billion worth of spending, the rest of us were still using Mercator. Everyones perspective is skewed a little bit depending on the frame of reference they had coming in. I can fully understand if millennials end up hating Buzz, I mean realistically Buzz makes every white male teenage USA kid look like a retard incapable of tying their own shoes (whether or not its true, is subjective). That boomers champion Buzz, is kind of cruel to the kids.

And at least the kids in the USA have Mercator, a kid in Columbia would be lucky to have a bowl of corn flakes in the morning.
    For the betterment of this world, I think you should move to Columbia, get off the grid/internet and starting feeding those kids corn flakes.
    Will fuck off, again.

So if you do some reading the Bernstein/bernstain thing goes back to a mispronunciation in the tv show that caught on.

Again humans are stupidly fallible animals that hate admitting it. I think less of the stupidity lies in the fallibility and more of the stupidity lies in people’s unwillingness to admit it.
    Last edited by J-hop; 01-08-2019 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    For the betterment of this world, I think you should move to Columbia, get off the grid/internet and starting feeding those kids corn flakes.
    Another perfect/timely example. There isn’t a country called Columbia although many people wil swear there is

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Another perfect/timely example. There isn’t a country called Columbia although many people wil swear there is

Nah that's just a pot stirring thread de-railer who can't spell. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    ...... who can't spell. Move along.
    Exactly my point.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Not enough corn flakes and no ZO to spread them about. Like I said, he should move there and everyone would be better off.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    I thought he said, Look, I’m your father.
    Replace "father" with "daddy" and you have a glimpse of dai lo max's life

#collegeinvasion

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast