Quantcast
The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread - Page 67 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1732

Thread: The TV Deals and Recommendations Thread

My Ride
    V8s

Thoughts on Samsung UN55TU7000? It seems to be on sale everywhere for 800. It’s not for a media room or anything, it’s the “background noise” or kid distraction use case.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Grabbed a 65" X90J from Costco today. Can't wait to set it up. Replacing a 16 year old Toshiba. Probably going to be a wow moment. Had a couple employees and 1 other shopper giving me thumbs up for a good choice. For the price point, was too hard to pass up. And if it goes lower during BF, I'm within that 90 day return period.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Ford

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Grabbed a 65" X90J from Costco today. Can't wait to set it up. Replacing a 16 year old Toshiba. Probably going to be a wow moment. Had a couple employees and 1 other shopper giving me thumbs up for a good choice. For the price point, was too hard to pass up. And if it goes lower during BF, I'm within that 90 day return period.
    30 day for online price match. The c1 I bought 33 days ago was past the limit. They price matched anyways. Said they would do it this one time. I would have returned It if not and bought at the cheaper price.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Exploded.

Nice buy! There are lots of stock at Costco Easthills for that as well

My Ride
    Exploded.

Did you get their extended warranty? Is it worth getting?

From what I've read, their extended warranty doesn't cover burn-in but should be irrelevant for the X90J right?

My Ride
    Has wheels

Impulse purchased a 65" x85j yesterday at costco, compared the 85 & 90 on rtings and the extra few bucks didn't seem worthwhile for our usage. Also did get the Costco $99 warranty. It replaced the free tv from Telus during initial services set up.

Definitely happy with the upgrade.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post

From what I've read, their extended warranty doesn't cover burn-in but should be irrelevant for the X90J right?
    Only OLEDs have a risk of burn in, but realistically even that’s rare as the TV software is pretty aggressive at preventing it by dropping the brightness aggressively.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post

I did. For $99 and 3 more years of whatever coverage/warranty. Why not? But I mean if my Toshiba has still survived after 16 years, I'm hoping this Sony can do the same.

This is from the Sony RFD thread. But I believe in the case below, this was Costco's 2 year warranty that did this, not the Asurion warranty

For anyone hesitant on the warranty from Costco, I would strongly suggest getting it

I got a Vizio 65' in 2019 which died in early 2021 (there was an issue with it updating the software)... they sent me the newer version of the model.

The newer version ended up dying on me 3 weeks ago and within a few days there was a technician that came and said that the part was impossible to find (backlight?) and that he would recommend that I get a refund. Ended up getting a check in the mail today for $1500.. REALLY effortless..

Used that $1500 towards a new 75 X90J!

Coming next week!
    Last edited by dj_rice; 11-10-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

I recently bought the 65X90J as well. It's no X95 but it is performing quite well in a bright room.
    Costco already price adjusted once for me.

My Ride
    Bicycle

This is giving me a case of FOMO not buying Sony TV this BF.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

There is always another sale
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    They only get better and chea... Well maybe not anymore.

My Ride

That's how I felt when all yall buying those Vizio P65s and Sony X900H's and Samsung Frames. The stars aligned this time finally, financially had some slush fund to spend (didn't buy aftermarket wheels for the summer daily, bought used OEMs), had a SUV that could transport it and Costco had stock instore. Semi big splurge for me since Covid.

But now that I got the TV, I'm all new to this 4K/HDR thing. I believe I have to get new HDMI cables to fully maximize the TV's potential correct? The last time I bought HDMI cables were from Monoprice and that was in 2008. The cables show HDMI High Speed so I believe they are HDMI 1.3/1.4? But the newest is HDMI 2.1? Can I re-use my old cables for time being? Wheres the best and cheapest place to get cables?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That's how I felt when all yall buying those Vizio P65s and Sony X900H's and Samsung Frames. The stars aligned this time finally, financially had some slush fund to spend (didn't buy aftermarket wheels for the summer daily, bought used OEMs), had a SUV that could transport it and Costco had stock instore. Semi big splurge for me since Covid.

But now that I got the TV, I'm all new to this 4K/HDR thing. I believe I have to get new HDMI cables to fully maximize the TV's potential correct? The last time I bought HDMI cables were from Monoprice and that was in 2008. The cables show HDMI High Speed so I believe they are HDMI 1.3/1.4? But the newest is HDMI 2.1? Can I re-use my old cables for time being? Wheres the best and cheapest place to get cables?
    Most of my old hdmi cables from monoprice supported hdmi 2.0 just fine. That’s good enough for nearly everything. 4K 60hz, Dolby vision etc. Hdmi 2.1 (for 4K 120hz gaming) does need newer cables tho.

I still think 4K 120hz gaming is overplayed. None of the current consoles can really support the graphical requirements for it, and when it does, it cranks down the quality massively to pull it off. Hell even the latest games in quality mode with all the fancy ray tracing has to drop down to 4K 30fps. If you’re dropping quality so much, you might as well run 1080p 120hz which looks better as you can run better quality, and hdmi 2.0 supports that just fine. 4K 120hz support just caters to ocd people that want the checkbox support imo, or pc gamers with an insane enough rig to support 4K 120hz and high graphics detail (I’m assuming that even exists).
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V167

This. I am hunting for 80"+ for basement and just haven't had time to research anything this year.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by nismodrifter View Post
    This. I am hunting for 80"+ for basement and just haven't had time to research anything this year.
    Nothings really changed much from last year. Same recommendations.

Don’t care or can’t tell the difference with HDR? Buy the biggest cheapest TV (LG 86”).

Want to be blown away by HDR highlights? X95 Sony. Deal with a bit of blooming.

Want to be blown away by color and contrast? LG OLED.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Whatever is best for movies I'm game for in the 65" -ish size. Not a serious gamer on TV and only watch Netflix or Disney with Amazon stick lol
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Bicycle

Well, damn FOMO......

Walk into London Drugs, saw a 55" X90H (X900H old stock) for $799. Grabbed it.

That's the max size I can get for the main floor and was going to replace it with a cheap LG for roughly the same price. But for $500 less than X90J and better in some regard, why not.

My Ride
    V8s

Well, damn FOMO......

Walk into London Drugs, saw a 55" X90H (X900H old stock) for $799. Grabbed it.

That's the max size I can get for the main floor and was going to replace it with a cheap LG for roughly the same price. But for $500 less than X90J and better in some regard, why not.
    Where? Online they only show X800H for that price. That seems like a pretty solid deal.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Where? Online they only show X800H for that price. That seems like a pretty solid deal.
    I got mine in LD in Airdrie as I was having lunch in the area and walked in for shits and giggle. I checked it's not advertised on website or may be not yet. I don't know if I got the jump on BF or something but glad I saw it first.

Page 67 of 87 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast