Quantcast
Starting new job as electrician on new children's hospital, what can i expect? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Starting new job as electrician on new children's hospital, what can i expect?

My Ride
    2011 GTR

Default Starting new job as electrician on new children's hospital, what can i expect?

All right well if any one here is an electrician I am just wondering what I could expect. I am starting my apprenticeship and my first place is working on the new children’s hospital in the N.W by the mall...I am 18yrs old, and just kind of trying to get a feel as to what I can expect. My old man was an electrician a long time ago so I am sure things have changed since his time. Any who any info would be great and if any of you who read this are working on this project as well let me know ahah as I think I will be one of the youngest people there so it would be nice to know some one at least.

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

what company is it with? based on my experience you won't be expected of too much right off the bat, they'll probably just have you running a bit of wire and alota cleaning....they understand your just starting and don't really know alot, so there job is too teach you as best they can, my advice would just be to take in and listen to everything you can, and don't show any signs of laziness in front of your journeyman

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

is it trotter and morton???
    doesn't really matter but do whatever your told as fast as you can and you'll do fine. i agree they won't expect much out of you but show up on time do what they say it'll be ok. a rule of thumb is if you come in hung over, your going to the top rung of the ladder all day. you'll never do it again. hehe

buy all the tools i wouldn't buy the expensive stuff yet unless you know you'll be doing it for a long time. i'm working my way in to some new tools now.

oh yeah sign up for school as soon as possible because it is full and you want to get on the waiting list.
    good luck with the job

My Ride
    2011 GTR

ahah i cant even remember which one it is now.. i think it is trotter ... and yea i kind of expect to be the one doing the cleaning and such... like running the fish tap for them and such...
    As for tools... i have a full set up Klein tools... cost me about $380 for every thing.. And i know i could have just gone for some cheeper ones so if i dont stick with this job it wouldnt cost me as much but i always use my dads tools on my car so he figured i might as well get the good stuff right off...
    Garage
    - 2011 GTR
    - 2013 STi
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ07

My Ride
    bus

always buy klien tools
    saves you money in the long run
    and they have lifetime warranty's on them

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

kliens are the way to go, but to start out i bought some kleins some not. if you got the money i guess why not.

yeah we just got a green first year, he's older than me and doesn't listen to what i tell to do. he's pissing me off. so don't make people mad, sorry frustrated after working with this guy all day.

My Ride
    '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

Hey, I work there too!
    But I'm a carpenter not an electrician. Look for me in the orange helmet. Haha. There's only about 20 of us, compared to the 3-400 Electricians there. haha.

Prepare to get lost as fuck in there. So confusing.

And if sparkies work the same way as us, you shouldn't have to buy any tools, just use your journeymans. But I'm not sure if they work like that.
    I'm positive it's trotter and morten as the main contractor for the electricians there.
    Some people are funny. They spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

Ellis Don

That hospital is in my backyard...

If you see a black Audi a4 tint/ 86 multi w/ rims and body kit/turbo come see me

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

that many sparkies's there dam!! i work for custom, and we have the court house contract- i guess there will be 100 guys on site i thought that was alot. we have around 300 guys total.

i was pretty sure trotter had that contract.

My Ride
    2011 GTR

Originally posted by doublepostwhore
    Ellis Don

That hospital is in my backyard...

If you see a black Audi a4 tint/ 86 multi w/ rims and body kit/turbo come see me
    Yea Ellis Don is the company who is directing the entire thing.. i know the head guy who is running it... play hockey with his son and my mom and his wife are friends, And i will for sure come say hi if i see your car ahah sounds like a SWEEET car... ahah and if you see a blue sunfire with a body kit/rims and hear a whine from the supercharger come say hi

Originally posted by danno
    that many sparkies's there dam!! i work for custom, and we have the court house contract- i guess there will be 100 guys on site i thought that was alot. we have around 300 guys total.

i was pretty sure trotter had that contract.
    ahah i was actualy going to try and get a job with Custom.. my old man knows some one really high up.. not sure if he is the owner or not...
    Last edited by Freebs; 09-03-2005 at 03:15 AM.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

maybe we have to many first years??? not to sure, if things don't work out for ya try custom again later. i really enjoy working for them

Originally posted by Freebs

Yea Ellis Don is the company who is directing the entire thing
    my bro works for trotter, just finished his first yr and now in sait and my dad works for ellisdon and did the estimatin for the job on the hospital

My Ride
    Mazdaspeed 6/2003 P5/1970 Charger

My brother works there for Trotter as a first year aprentice, he really likes it. Good luck there!!
    I aint no junky.... I just keep it funky

My Ride
    2011 GTR

Yea i just had my first day there and its not bad at all... the people i work with are really good... what floor does your brother work on?
    Garage
    - 2011 GTR
    - 2013 STi
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ07

My Ride

Umm, i dunno. I could ask him. His name is Graham, 21 year old skinny kid with a loud mouth. haha

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

haha trotter and morton, there old shcool, may dad, his brother and there dad all worked for them lol

Originally posted by funkytuqe
    Umm, i dunno. I could ask him. His name is Graham, 21 year old skinny kid with a loud mouth. haha
    and passes bad gas

My Ride

HAHAHA i would know that better than any one
    Nah, he's a cool kid

My Ride
    2011 GTR

Humm nope dont know him...
    Garage
    - 2011 GTR
    - 2013 STi
    - 2015 Yamaha FZ07

Originally posted by Freebs
    Humm nope dont know him...
    i think he said he works on the 1st and 5th floors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast