Quantcast
Timing - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Timing

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

Default Timing

Im trying to get all my mods on my engine to mesh.....

Ive adjusted the AFM to wear it should be......and I have been trying to time this sucker properly..........with the mods I have apparently around 8 Degrees BTDC is where it should wanna be...........I have set it to that.........but when I let it go to 10-12 or more BTDC.....it seemed to run smoother.......but wont that lean the hell outta?

ideas? suggestions?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

How does changing timing affect your air fuel ratio?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ED & EG

Originally posted by rage2
    How does changing timing affect your air fuel ratio?

ignition timing has no effect on fuel / air ratio

My Ride
    a wrx.

1. Don't fuck with the AFM. Go find another one from the junkyard and use that instead. DON'T CUT IT OPEN. Trust me.

2. Are you setting base timing by shorting the check connectors? You also need to make sure the TPS is set properly so the car drop into base timing mode.

3. Set the timing to whatever the hood sticker says.

So do this and in this order:

1. Get a new AFM
    2. Turn off all electrical accessories and warm up the car fully
    3. Adjust idle to whatever the hood sticker says
    4. Short diagnostic connector
    5. Set TPS
    6. Set timing to whatever the hood sticker says
    7. Eat a dick
    8. Just kidding.

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

oops.....part of my message didnt copy over from another forum....

Im using a Supra AFM........I have "fucked with it".......and it is set properly for my application....once I get my 4AGE injectors Ill have to move it 2 teeth.....I was asking about THAT for the leaning out since I was using a supra AFM.....but that is figured out....no worries

Setting the timing to the hood sticker will help nadda........stock is 5 degress BTDC......for my mods I thought 8 BTDC would be good.......but 12 BTDC is what was recommended to me by a few others with the same mods.....after setting that they're right 11-12 is where it runs best at.......I had to jump the TCCS for the ECU to accept the timing.....thats done.....and its running properly........all I need is the 4AGE's injectors and its done......thank god

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by Celica4me
    oops.....part of my message didnt copy over from another forum....

Im using a Supra AFM........I have "fucked with it".......and it is set properly for my application....once I get my 4AGE injectors Ill have to move it 2 teeth.....I was asking about THAT for the leaning out since I was using a supra AFM.....but that is figured out....no worries

Setting the timing to the hood sticker will help nadda........stock is 5 degress BTDC......for my mods I thought 8 BTDC would be good.......but 12 BTDC is what was recommended to me by a few others with the same mods.....after setting that they're right 11-12 is where it runs best at.......I had to jump the TCCS for the ECU to accept the timing.....thats done.....and its running properly........all I need is the 4AGE's injectors and its done......thank god
    Ahhh, I just noticed your list of mods...with all that good stuff, don't you think a standalone along with some dyno time is in order?

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

lol I wish!!!!.....my $$ flow is crap right now!!!

Im getting new tires on GTS/Supra rims......and then Im gonna be out of money!

I do want to have it dynoed once I have it broken in and all perfect.......no one has dynoed one of these older Yotas with mods.....everyones just guessing at HP/Torque.......would be cool to see the #'s.......I will one day though forsure!!

what does GTS stand for in your name? GTS Rolla? Celica?.....I think I remember you talking about a toyota once

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Standalone is cheaper than a replacement engine.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Mega squirt is a popular choice for the 4age and it wont kill your bank account.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Aristo-gasm

I dont have a 4AGE........a stand alone for a my 22re would be nice.......but have it or Ill need a replacement engine? I think not........not hard on these engines to tune em properly

My Ride
    a wrx.

Im getting new tires on GTS/Supra rims......and then Im gonna be out of money!

I do want to have it dynoed once I have it broken in and all perfect.......no one has dynoed one of these older Yotas with mods.....everyones just guessing at HP/Torque.......would be cool to see the #'s.......I will one day though forsure!!

what does GTS stand for in your name? GTS Rolla? Celica?.....I think I remember you talking about a toyota once
    Yeah I drive an old Corolla. Look into Megasquirt...it's cheap and it's also nice knowing that you are making the most out of your mods via tuning. I have a mostly stock setup (well that's a lie haha) and I'd still love to get my hands on a standalone.