Quantcast
Amsterdam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Amsterdam

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

Default Amsterdam

Im planning a backpack trip in europe, starting at amsterdam. Has anyone ever been before? or could anybody tell me some things that i should go do/see while im there?
    thanks

My Ride
    Eclipse

the question is what isnt there 2 do???

bored go see a sex show, or try some ganja lol...
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

smoke mad ____...legally
    haha search on the internet or go get a tourist hot spot book, they can be helpful.

Vundersex...

Heh, only if you saw EuroTrip.

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by Foz
    Vundersex...

Heh, only if you saw EuroTrip.
    bahaha great scene

I've heard its like the Vegas of Europe....sex, drugs, etc. etc....I'll be going there in a couple years. PICS PICS!!
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Ive been there... uhh numerous times. I think 5, maybe 6 times?
    Well thats beside the point.
    What to do in Amsterdam is totally depending on what the purpose of your trip is.
    Do you like to see history? Museums? Art Galleries? If so I definitly recomend the Van Gogh museum, along with the Anne Frank House.
    OR
    Like to party? have fun? get wasted? If thats the case then the "coffee shops" are all around, some pretty crazy folks in there. The night clubs are crazy parties... you know its a good party when you walk through 3 metal detectors... Also the numerous sex shops and sex shows offer entertainment (if you are into that).

There are others, I can list more if you want. Regardless of which route you take (can do a combination too) You MUST stop at the sqaure in front of Orange Palace, always something to see/do there. And take a walk through the Red Light District... or a stop. Interesting sights in that area. The prostitutes are actually quite hot. (dont take a picture though, my friend almost got the S**T kicked out of him by a pimp for doing so)

Hope this helped! Have fun, its an amazing city.

I was there few weeks ago, but only during the daytime so I didn't get to enjoy the nightlife. Walked through the red light district but not many on duty during the day lol... but ganja coffee shops open all the time

I did a lot of shopping when I was there (nice shopping district, but forgot what it's called), but you probably won't wanna do that if you're backpacking, but you should check out some of their G-star stuff

My Ride
    a tinpot

Heineken Brewery!
    Have a look around the red light district, check out the coffee shops and a few museums if your into it.

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

Amsterdam is so much fun. Don't waste your time and money at the Bananenbar tho. Weaksauce

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

im gonna party lots, but i figure i might as well check out some things that are worth remembering later on in life. The Van Gogh museum, and the Anne Frank House are both things im deffinitly gonna have to check out.

Was The Shopping Cheap?

"Bananenbar" is that the weed cafe? is weed expense ?

what are the good clubs to hit up down there.

My Ride
    B8 A4/MKV GTI

Bananenbar is the place where girls do interesting things with bananas. If you are going to checkout weed cafe's the best ones are:

De Dampkring
    Abraxas
    De Kuil
    De Rokerij
    Grey Area (not good to smoke in, but they have the best stuff)

There is a club there called CokRing... but ithink it is a gay club so you may want to stay away.