Quantcast
2006 S2000. 2006 Accord Coupe - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2006 S2000. 2006 Accord Coupe

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default 2006 S2000. 2006 Accord Coupe

Honda S2000 Adds Performance and Refinement for 2006

September 9, 2005 -- Torrance, Calif. -- Widely considered the quintessential roadster-style sports car and performance icon for the Honda brand, the S2000 combines uncompromising racetrack ready performance with everyday usability. For 2006 Honda builds on that premise with significant updates to further improve performance and refinement.

Notable changes to the 2006 S2000 include electronic Drive-by-Wire (DBW) Throttle System(TM), Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA(R)), maintenance minder system, standard headrest speakers, an outside temperature gauge, revised seat and console designs, a unique new alloy wheel design, and the addition of Laguna Blue Pearl as an exterior color.

"Never content to leave well-enough alone, we're committed to maintaining the S2000's performance and technological leadership in its segment," said John Mendel, senior vice president of American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "It's a car designed by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, and it represents the ultimate expression of the fun-to-drive characteristic found in all Honda vehicles."

The S2000's renowned high-revving, 2.2-liter, DOHC, VTEC(TM) (Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control) 4-cylinder engine remains the pinnacle of naturally aspirated performance technology, delivering 237 horsepower at 7,800 rpm and 162 lb-ft. of torque ant 6,800 rpm. Perfectly complimenting the engine's output characteristics is a compact, longitudinally mounted, close-ratio 6-speed manual transmission that features a direct linkage for precise shifting and short throws.

For 2006, the S2000 comes equipped with a Drive-by-Wire throttle control system eliminating the need for a mechanical connection between the throttle pedal and the engine. This enables the continuous monitoring and adjustment of throttle pedal sensitivity to create an ideal match between throttle response and driving conditions. The system also manages the S2000's cruise control function for greater precision.

Also new for 2006 is Honda's Vehicle Stability Assist system, making the S2000 more stable and forgiving than ever during street driving or in inclement weather conditions. Working in concert with the Drive-by-Wire system, VSA continuously monitors yaw rate, steering input, throttle input, and braking pressure to determine if the car is following its driver's intended path, and can independently coordinate each of the disk brakes through the 4-channel anti-lock brake system, along with the throttle, to enhance vehicle stability. While this serves to effectively enhance driver control during acceleration, braking, and cornering, the system can be disabled with the touch of a button when conditions warrant it. To help provide optimum stopping power, the braking system also features Electronic Brake Distribution and Brake Assist.

The S2000's rear-wheel-drive chassis and powertrain layout results in a 50/50 front/rear weight distribution for perfect balance when cornering, while its hybrid monocoque body and "high X-bone frame" results in exceptional structural rigidity. Combined with a front and rear double wishbone suspension, precise electric power steering, and a torque-sensing limited slip differential, the end result is a complete, no compromise, performance package for the enthusiast driver.

Standard features for the S2000 include a power retractable convertible top, 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, leather trimmed seats, and High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, now with daytime running lights. An aluminum hardtop and XMÒ Satellite Radio are available as dealer installed options.

For 2006, the S2000 cockpit receives a new seat design and an updated console. Racecar style digital gauges and driver oriented control layout characterize the Formula 1 inspired interior, while new headrest speakers enhance audio enjoyment during top-down driving. Additional equipment includes an AM/FM stereo CD player, power windows, power door locks, keyless entry, and a new outside temperature gauge. Also new for 2006 is a maintenance minder system that notifies the driver when service is required based on driving conditions and oil life rather than on fixed time or mileage intervals and daytime running lamps.

Laguna Blue Pearl is a new color for 2006 that compliments the S2000's sharp-edged roadster styling, and joins the existing palate of colors, including Silverstone Metallic, Sebring Silver, New Formula Red, Suzuka Blue Metallic, Rio Yellow Pearl, Berlina Black, and Grand Prix White.

September 9, 2005 -- Torrance, Calif. -- The S2000 receives significant enhancements for 2006 with the addition of an electronic Drive-by-Wire throttle control and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA). Widely considered the quintessential roadster-style sports car and performance icon for the Honda brand, the S2000 combines uncompromising racetrack-ready performance with everyday usability. For 2006, Honda builds on that foundationwith significant updates to further improve performance and refinement.

2006 Honda S2000

Electronic Drive-by-Wire(TM) (DBW) throttle control
    Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and maintenance minder system
    Standard headrest speakers
    Revised seat and console designs
    New alloy wheel design
    New exterior color: Laguna Blue Pearl
    SAE net rev. 8/04 update: 2.2-liter VTEC 4-cylinder engine (237 horsepower @ 7800 rpm and 162 lb-ft. of torque at 6800 rpm)

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

September 9, 2005 -- Torrance, Calif. -- The seventh-generation of the Honda Accord remains one of the most popular cars in America. For 2006, the Accord receives fresh front and rear styling as well as a long list of enhancements and additional standard equipment. Accord Coupe and Sedan models provide more power, more comfort and convenience features, and a comprehensive list of standard safety features that help make the 2006 model the most exciting and well-equipped Accord in its 30-year history.

Accord

New exterior styling on both the Accord Sedan and Accord Coupe includes new front bumper and grille design, rear bumper and trunk lid design with integrated third brake light, LED taillights, re-styled 16" and 17" alloy wheels (available) and new exhaust finishers

The 3.0-liter VTEC V-6 engine's output increases to 244 horsepower @ 6250 rpm and 211 lb-ft. of torque at 5000 rpm

The 2.4-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine's output increases to 166 horsepower @ 5800 rpm and 160 lb-ft. of torque at 4000 rpm; new features include DBW throttle control and high performance intake and exhaust valve timing
    Sport-oriented Accord Sedan EX V-6 is available with a 6-speed manual transmission; features carbon fiber "look" trim and premium audio

All V-6 Coupes and Sedans have revised suspension bushings and damping rates to compliment the upgraded 17" wheel and tire package

All V-6 models receive Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) and brake assist
    Revised interior styling with a new steering wheel design, new seat fabrics, new shift knob on automatic transmission models, restyled instrument panel and satin chrome vent accents

Smart Maintenance System automatically calculates common vehicle service intervals

Enhanced sound deadening materials for reduced NVH

Additional safety measures include daytime running lamps and front
    passenger seat belt reminder

New colors include Alabaster Silver Metallic, Carbon Bronze Pearl, Cool Blue Metallic and Royal Blue Pearl. Additionally, Sapphire Blue Pearl is now available on select Sedan models

Value Package (VP) replaces DX sedan trim level; air conditioning, keyless entry, power locks and cruise control are now standard features

LX Special Edition is added; 16" alloy wheels, rear disc brakes and Electronic Brake Distribution, In-dash 6-CD Changer, steering wheel mounted audio controls, body color side sills and carbon fiber-look interior accents are now standard features

LX-V-6 Coupes and Sedans gain standard power moonroof and heated side mirrors

Trim Level Summary
    o Accord Sedan (4-cylinder): Value Package (VP), LX, LX Special Edition, EX
    o Accord Sedan (V-6): LX, EX
    o Accord Coupe (4-cylinder): LX, EX
    o Accord Coupe (V-6): LX, EX
    2006 Honda Accord Hybrid

The Honda Accord Hybrid debuted as a 2005 model and combined "high performance" and "hybrid" into the same sentence for the first time. The Accord Hybrid's IMA system is connected to a 3.0-liter V-6 engine that increases horsepower compared to the gasoline-only model and yields fuel economy comparable to that of a compact vehicle. The Accord Hybrid benefits from the updates to the entire family of Accords. New additions to the Accord Hybrid include:

Accord Hybrid

3.0-liter i-VTEC V-6 engine with Integrated Motor Assist (output of 253 horsepower @ 6000 rpm and 232 lb-ft. of torque at 5000 rpm)
    The Accord V-6 Hybrid achieves AT-PZEV certification for the 2006 model year
    Power moonroof added
    VSA added
    Temporary-use spare tire added
    Revised rear spoiler, new front chin spoiler and rear diffuser, heated side mirrors with built-in turn signals and an exclusive taillight design added
    Premium White Pearl has been added as an Accord Hybrid-exclusive exterior color

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

I want one..

My Ride
    93 Civic SI

looking good.

probably freaking expensive though

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

I love the S2K...but it is losing the initial sharpness the AP1 offered. Having driven both offerings...the AP2 has gone soft...

I mean the TQ is a nice addition to ANY Honda...but man the old F20C was a SWEET mill mang...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Too bad we wont be getting that blue (if I remember correctly), instead we are getting moonrock (sweet color tho).

My Ride
    NC1

SWEEEEEEET

Although not as hardcore as the AP1, I am extremely happy with these changes. I can live with this car as my primary daily driver.

First mod, lowering springs, drop it likes it's hot.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

S2000's are sweet. I cant wait to see what will replace the NSX though

My Ride
    FA5

i was never quite satisfied with the rear look of the accord sedan, it looks great now!

subtle changes are wicked, really make the car look better.......and i love the revamped rear of the accord, much simpler and TL-like .....and they threw on those wheels from the 02-03 tl-s/cl-s , nice touches!

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

237hp in the s2000?....is that a typo...if not thats so weak

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Most likely it is the exact same engine as before. The entire Honda/Acura lineup has been re rated using the new SAE horsepower rating system. Other manufacturers are starting to sing on as well. This way all the manufacturers will use the same test and the HP will be measured more consistently. RSX-S has gone from 210hp to 201hp even tho it's the exact same engine.

Originally posted by A2VR6
    Too bad we wont be getting that blue (if I remember correctly), instead we are getting moonrock (sweet color tho).
    Moonrock is the next hottest color available for the s2000 after white
    ---

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

i dunno, i think the s2k needs allittle more physical appearance modifications. im not saying its starting to get boring, i jsut dont want it getting old like the nsx did
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    NC1

^^^

Don't worry about that. Spoon lip, Air Walker sides, drop it on 19's, throw on the hardtop, all on Grand Prix White, it'll be a deadly STOOKY
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

The S2k looks good (don't see much in the way of changes, but what do I know about hondas ) but the accord has to be one of the most boring cars to look at. Man, a sunfire has more visual appeal.....

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

If you like RWD you better get a hold of an S2000. The rumored replacement is to be a FWD 2+2 with suicide doors like the RX-8, with a 250 hp 4-cyl.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I'm really liking the S nisen even though I'm not a big fan of roadsters. Put a CF Mugen Hardtop on, and you got yourself a car! Not as peppy as an AP1, but still has all the elements of a true rwd sports car.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Originally posted by max_boost
    ^^^

Don't worry about that. Spoon lip, Air Walker sides, drop it on 19's, throw on the hardtop, all on Grand Prix White, it'll be a deadly STOOKY

poof there goes 15k...what an slk worth again hahahah, or u ever consider a 350z?

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

Originally posted by heavyD
    If you like RWD you better get a hold of an S2000. The rumored replacement is to be a FWD 2+2 with suicide doors like the RX-8, with a 250 hp 4-cyl.
    Say's who ???? I hardly think so.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast