Quantcast
Post Secondary! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Post Secondary!

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Default Post Secondary!

Where did/is everyone go/going to school and what did you make of it/plan on becomming?

Successful?

Was your idea going into school the same when you left?

Change of Major? Goal in Life?

Curious to know..

I know alot have gone to post secondary and accomplished Jack, and I know some who have not done anything since High School and live quite well.

Whats your story?
    Travel

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

I currently attend Columbia U, majoring in business. After this, I plan to get a job, and then come back here and get my MBA.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    Integra

Default Re: Post Secondary!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Benny
    I know alot have gone to post secondary and accomplished Jack, and I know some who have not done anything since High School and live quite well.
    [QUOTE]

That analogy that you suggested is a total understatement. You put into life what you get out. The choice is really up to you. What is it that you want to do or interest you in life? Once you have an answer take it form there whether it involve post secondary education or not. The choice is yours!

My Ride
    Dakota ... what? Yes, I know its a truck.

Mech. Eng. at U of A ... knew thats what I wanted to do since the day I started watching racing and getting my hands dirty with cars. ... Just graduated, working right now .. looking to open my own business when I get my P.Eng.
    Goal in life: to be rich rich rich! ha.

You forgot to mention your story Benny?
    My Ride
    "Nobody snuggles with Max Power ... you strap yourself in and feel the G's" - Max Power

My Ride
    Highlander

Journalism student at sait, will be majoring in photojournalism next year

I plan to use my photography stuff that I learn in the real world (sorta like I am now but only full time) and use journalism as a back up plan just incase.

Melinda

I graduated in Financial Services last May; I have yet to find a job . I send out resumes everyday, it's gotten to the point where I don't even want to search anymore. If I did work straight out of high school I would probably have a house paid off by know.

Currently I wonder if I made the right decisions, only the future can tell. From what I hear, if you haven't found a job 4 years after you graduate, your education is obsolete.

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Women Studies
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

I went to Nait in Edmonton and took Avoinical Engineering.

I now work as a National Marketing Manager for a larger restaurant chain... Figure that one out!

Studying business at Western [Richard Ivey School of Business]. There are kids here that graduate after 4 years and get jobs in TO or NYC with STARTING salaries of roughly $80,000 plus bonuses, and thats an undergraduate degree! Now if you think you can make that amount (legaly) after four years working out of high school then I suggest you write a book on how you did it because no one I have heard of can do that. And yes I am aware of tuition costs, but most of these kids pay them off in under 2 years. I think there is a fine line between post secondary education and GOOD post secondary educaiton. If you go to the right schools and do well enough (this is also key) then I think you will be MUCH MUCH better off then working straight out of high school

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Fourth year Mfg. Engineering at UofC. Currently on an Internship...really wanted to be a pilot instead

m@+CH Guest

management business @ u of c
    learning jack all!
    hopefully it will help out...one day :=P:

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Started at U of C in KNES, then switched my major to Geology. Then decided to do a geology/economics double major....then dropped the geology degree, and got my Econ degree after 5 years...(thanks to all the switching..)

Go a job right out of school, was there for a year and a half. Company then downsized, so I've been looking for a new job for about 2 weeks now. Just takes time....

My Ride
    335i

Majoring in Applied Energy Economics, 3rd of my 4th year. In my opinion, almost every degree holder who doesn't have a job isn't looking hard enough.

Even those with useless degrees like English are able to find jobs...There are always programs here that allow you to teach english, either here or in Asia, for large amounts of money. I think they pay approximately $40k and include all living expenses/housing. 40K in your pocket isn't too bad at all. And you can hold any degree to do it.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    In my opinion, almost every degree holder who doesn't have a job isn't looking hard enough.
    my thoughts exactly...

Started in U of C aiming for a Law Degree. Hated that so I ended up going into Psychology, also hated that. Then I took a year off to help find out what the hell was going on in my life.

I am now at SAIT doing what I love. I am in Computer Engineering, with an intended Batchelor of IT degree. I hope to either land a career in education, or workin for myself doing technology related stuff.

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

was in electrical engg up until september this year, got really frustrated at how boring some of the stuff was. at least for me, so i switched to computer science getting my concetration in gamming, and i'm having a lot of fun doing it.

My Ride
    NC1

Spent 2 years at U of C.....absolutely sucked......didn't know what I was doing.....had absolutely no direction in life......was basically lost.....my highest mark was a B-, I failed like 3 classes, dropped like 8......it was ridiculous.....working 6-7 days a week, I was just dying

Currently at SAIT, marketing major, plans are to get my diploma and then go onto ULeth and get my bachelors of management in marketing or finance

It is amazing what a change of scenery can do for one's future......my suggestions to those who plan to go to school, make sure you are ready and know what you want to do.....
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    NC1

Oh yah, make sure you know what your priorities are and stick with it! Nothing beats the gratification of accomplishing something significant, regardless whatever it is
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Toyota baby

I am in my first year of Business administration at SAIT. I am majoring in accounting.... I plan to get my degree with a major in accounting and then maybe apply to write my entrance exam to law school, if not i plan to get either my CGA or CPA.

I love the program i am in... not sure if i might change my major but so far so good. I suggest that if you aren't into big classes and want more of a hands on experience with school try to go to places like SAIT... it isn't a high school atmosphere but yet you don't feel overwhelmed with the class sizes.

Maddie

My Ride
    a wrx.

i may not be making much money now, but when i get out of dentistry u will all be owned.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast