Quantcast
OOP Inspection in Quebec - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: OOP Inspection in Quebec

Default OOP Inspection in Quebec

Who is a good company to deal with in Quebec for an OOP inspection? I have a buyer for my car there and a pre requiste is it passes an OOP (should be fine)

Thanks

My Ride
    E63. No, the one with SMG

You have a buyer for your car, which is in BC, located in Quebec, but it has to pass the Quebec OOP before the transaction is complete? For that to happen, the inspection would have to be in Quebec, which obviously means you ship the car, which I hope means you get your money first, which negates all of this or someone incures $2k worth of shipping bills. Interesting...

Here's the best way I can think of:

First of all, what kind of car is it?

If newer (under warranty), talk to your local dealer and have them recommend a franchise dealership out there and have it performed there.

Otherwise, I would offer to have a BC OOP done. It should be equal to the one in PQ. That should satisfy any questions.

Otherwise, I think it might be more trouble than it's worth with all of the shipping involved. What happens if (by chance) the car does not pass. It'll cost you a grand just to get your car back.

My Ride
    88 A70

crap, i may have over looked this oop thing. i have a vehicle training over from quebec to alberta does this apply for me, i have ownership of it alrdy but will i run into this problem once i try to insure it here?

My Ride

Originally posted by mutsuraboshi
    crap, i may have over looked this oop thing. i have a vehicle training over from quebec to alberta does this apply for me, i have ownership of it alrdy but will i run into this problem once i try to insure it here?
    To register the car here, it will be required to pass the OOP. Until then, it can't be registered.

Did you have it inspected out there? If everything turned out OK, you should be fine here.

me&you,

Yes I am based in B.C part of the deal is it has to pass an OOP in PQ, it's just been checked by a local garage in B.C for an OOP and passed fine, so hopefully should do the same in PQ.

I have spoken with a garage called concordia and they seem pretty reasonable so will see how we go.

And yes freight and car has been pre-payed by purchaser, I ahve to remady any faults (if any) in order to pass the inspection.

James

My Ride

Originally posted by Sonic Racing
    me&you,

Yes I am based in B.C part of the deal is it has to pass an OOP in PQ, it's just been checked by a local garage in B.C for an OOP and passed fine, so hopefully should do the same in PQ.

I have spoken with a garage called concordia and they seem pretty reasonable so will see how we go.

And yes freight and car has been pre-payed by purchaser, I ahve to remady any faults (if any) in order to pass the inspection.

James
    If everything checked out OK once, hopefully things turn out well in PQ. Good luck!

My Ride
    88 A70

any crooked inspectors in calgary?

My Ride

Originally posted by mutsuraboshi
    any crooked inspectors in calgary?
    Why?

Because you want to avoid them and not get screwed?

Or because you aren't sure if the car will pass and want to "make" sure?

It's nothing major when it comes to inspect a car from a diferent province. It's mostly a safety inspection (brakes, leaks). When I moved here, my car was about 5 years old and they didn't find anything wrong with the car.

It's just another way to make more money of you ass when you move to another province.

For the OOP inspection, just find a place to where the car is going. The buyer should do all that if he wants your car.

Max