Quantcast
Calgary police cheif say they can't solve gang problems - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calgary police cheif say they can't solve gang problems

Default Calgary police cheif say they can't solve gang problems

calgary gangsters must be giggling right now.....

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/Calgary/...19614-sun.html

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Uh it's called a reality check? He was asked if a city of 1 million people could eliminate gangs entirely. He said no, which is the only correct answer. He didn't say they're going to quit going after them.

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

obviously they cannot fully get rid of all the gangs, in a city of a million there is always going to be gangs and organized crime.
    I dont see what the huge uproar is about, like Khyron said, its just a realtiy check...if we didnt already realize that before

REALITY CHECK, gangs are not going anywhere.!! man so many canadians think that life is full of leprochons, rainbows and little bunnies running around. lol. anyways, we can take these guys down now, but a new crop a them will spring up picking up where they left off..... sad but true. it's not like the cheif said theyre going to stop looking for them

I just thought that reality check is not the issue... it is more on how you should answer to this kind of questions without loosing poeoples confidence..... this is one important trait of a good leader. If they ask you "can you do it?" and you know your answer is "no"... you don't just answer "no".... you say "we're on top of it and we will try our best to track them down". You don't just give positive moral to your oponents. You're the freaking chief..... These are crimes commited... even in sports, you don't say we can't bring down Tampa Bay over the ice...

I agree they will not stop hunting for them.... IMO, he should have kept it to himself... everyone could figure it out....

Morals just gets low when your leader gives opinions like that.... The city will just feel unsafe even more... and the gangsters will just feel stonger, their moral got boosted.... it's different when you see the chief is 100% resilient...
    Last edited by dmtx; 09-16-2005 at 10:17 AM.

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

guys, we are ONLY one million, thats not alot of people in a city, there are plenty of cities in the world with more than that and no gang problems..

Get a fucking grip

My Ride
    M5 Competition

What a fucking joke. I read that the other day. Extremely sad to hear. I think he should be fired. Excuse the cliche but what a COP out.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Raz
    guys, we are ONLY one million, thats not alot of people in a city, there are plenty of cities in the world with more than that and no gang problems..

Get a fucking grip
    You seriously believe there are cities bigger than calgary without gang problems? Name only 1 and I'll be amazed. Gangs are everywhere, and it's impossible to get rid of them unless you jail everybody under suspicion with no proof. Even little ass towns have groups like the Hell's Angels, you'd think if it was possible to get rid of those kinds of groups it would have been done by now, but they're still here, and will be pretty much forever.

I completely understand what the chief is saying, and I'm happy there's someone out there who speaks the truth, it doesn't bring up the morale for gangsters, they've known they won't get caught for a looooong time. And you know what, it's not the cops fault, they can't make arrests if people in the community or other gangsters don't come forward, and in real life that doesn't happen.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Canada needs to re-think/vamp its judicial system. There are way too many loop holes in our system and we are way to lenient on criminals.

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Maybe he could have said it more eloquently, but their really isn't any point in sugar coating the issue - if he did, then that would give people a VERY false sense of security.

I don't think it would be sugar coating when you say you're tyring your best to track them down... no false security there. It just brings your unit down.... it's a fact.....

"It's tough to take, especially for front-line officers -- it makes them think, if the general's given up, maybe we should too."

Originally posted by Hakkola

it doesn't bring up the morale for gangsters
    why not? Hearing the chief saying he can't beat the gang members.... it is this kind of thinking that brought cities gangsters to where they are now. If they get the notion that they could be busted anytime because of the collected police force, they will have second thoughts at times doing their shit...

"Front-line cops are demoralized by their chief's prediction that Calgary gangs can never be beaten, says the head of the police union."
    Last edited by dmtx; 09-16-2005 at 11:03 AM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

there always has been gangs in calgary,shit, the hells angels and grim reapers had establishments in bowness for years...all the police can do is keep pressure on gangs to prevent them from flourishing in the city..theres only so much the police can do to stop gangs..they can t just go around arresting every "suspected" gang member..the justice system is the only way to corral gang activity by imposing harsher sentences on gang related activity.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    M5 Competition

LOL and saying Gangs are here to stay helps anymore? Give me a fucking break.

How would the world react if George W Bush said, well people of the world, terrorists are here to stay and we just have to learn to live with that...yeh...NOT!

Laws need to be changed.

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

Originally posted by Hakkola

You seriously believe there are cities bigger than calgary without gang problems? Name only 1 and I'll be amazed. Gangs are everywhere, and it's impossible to get rid of them unless you jail everybody under suspicion with no proof. Even little ass towns have groups like the Hell's Angels, you'd think if it was possible to get rid of those kinds of groups it would have been done by now, but they're still here, and will be pretty much forever.

I completely understand what the chief is saying, and I'm happy there's someone out there who speaks the truth, it doesn't bring up the morale for gangsters, they've known they won't get caught for a looooong time. And you know what, it's not the cops fault, they can't make arrests if people in the community or other gangsters don't come forward, and in real life that doesn't happen.
    OK, discounting Hells Angels (who are mostly urban troublemakers, seldomnly city-wise) who are more of an organized crime problem and less of a mid twenties guys with guns and bandanas problem - you can find atleast 10 european cities that live up to my "gangs not being a problem" statement

- Rasmus

Originally posted by 89coupe
    LOL and saying Gangs are here to stay helps anymore? Give me a fucking break.

How would the world react if George W Bush said, well people of the world, terrorists are here to stay and we just have to learn to live with that...yeh...NOT!

Laws need to be changed.
    agreed.....

Bring your police force up and change the law!!

gangsters, crimes, terrorists will just grow with a weak force.... what can scare them now?? the police force is weaken by the chief and the punishments/law are not strict.......

My Ride
    E90 335i

If you can find a way to eliminate drugs you will eliminate gangs. So ask yourself if its possible to eliminate every drug dealer and user in town? No? Then there's your answer to eliminating gangs.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    95 Talon ESi

^not just drugs. most "gangs" are just a group of buddies who have each others backs. but its gotten so bad now a days. give the wrong person a bad look or say the wrong thing and expect to be jumped by him and 30 of his friends.

you want to eliminate gangs/drugs and pretty much everything bad in the world? get rid of all asians. I'M J/K!! (And for those who went to the DTP show and saw MC E, let me bite one of his lines)... I LOVE ASIAN PEOPLE

Originally posted by B17a
    If you can find a way to eliminate drugs you will eliminate gangs. So ask yourself if its possible to eliminate every drug dealer and user in town? No? Then there's your answer to eliminating gangs.
    I agree that they are pretty related...

Calgary can totally get rid of the gang violence. All they need to do is get all the news media to stop reporting on it and bam! Nobody will notice it and it'll seem like the problem is gone.
    ---

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I say legalize drugs & prostitution. It may sound crazy but I believe it would create a legal market that would wither away because most are smart enough to realize that it can only bring harm to yourself. At the same time it would destroy the main income of most Gangs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast