Quantcast
Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

My Ride
    93 Acura Integra

Default Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

Check this out, *claimed to have been" an editorial written by a Canadian citizen and published in a Canadian newspaper. Following comments I wholeheartedly agree with.

" I'm tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. I'm not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to Canada.
    Our population is almost entirely made up of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, apparently some born here, need to understand.

This idea of Canada being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our soverignty and out national identity. As Canadians, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society learn the language!

We are, in the main, Christians, not Buddists, Muslims or Islamics because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.

If the Maple Leaf offends you, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you do things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our government gives every citizen the right to express his opinion and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you are done complaining, whining and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I hightly encourage you take advantage of one other great Canadian freedom, THE RIGHT TO LEAVE. "

Let the debat begin.
    Last edited by Beachgirl; 09-18-2005 at 01:11 PM.
    Procrastination is like masturbation; you're only f*#@ing yourself.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

There have been posts like this in the past. Unfortunately, I don't see the trend of our culture being lost changing any time soon.

that is absolute bull shyat......

first off canada is a SECULAR nation...ok now lets all say it together ...S..E..C..U..L..A..R....that means it is an infringment on my rights if i ever see a cross on the wall of a public school, or governemnt building, or for that matter any other type of religious artifacts.

english AND french (apprently whoever wrote this forgot about the other half) are our languages, and yes everyone in canada should know how to speak one of the two, but that doesn' mean that we shouldn't EMBRACE others in learning and speaking their mother languages, for THAT is what makes canada what it is today, canada is a cultural mosaic (we learned this in grade 4 folks) that embraces people of all different cultures

and i have never come across an immagrant who is offended by the maple leaf, or our national anthem (the only group of people who i have encontered that refuse to sing the national anthem are the Jehovah witnesses, which the vast majority of are white "true" canadaians)

whoever wrote that editorial must be some ignorant ass, probably living in AB or some other hick filled province

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Originally posted by jaysas_63

whoever wrote that editorial must be some ignorant ass, probably living in AB or some other hick filled province
    you sir offeneded me, whats wrong with alberta and being hick filled? as ive come to notice that there arent really that many hicks, and i grew up in airdrie when it was primarily cowboys

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    99 GMC Sonoma on the bottle

Originally posted by jaysas_63
    that is absolute bull shyat......

first off canada is a SECULAR nation...ok now lets all say it together ...S..E..C..U..L..A..R....that means it is an infringment on my rights if i ever see a cross on the wall of a public school, or governemnt building, or for that matter any other type of religious artifacts.

Canada did not start out as a secular nation....original point proven...Canada has changed!!

Originally posted by Rockski

you sir offeneded me, whats wrong with alberta and being hick filled? as ive come to notice that there arent really that many hicks, and i grew up in airdrie when it was primarily cowboys

hey i love alberta, i lived here most of my life (1 yr in teh states) but the fact of the matter is that AB does have a rather large red neck population because of its heritage (as you said growing up in airdire it was primarily cowboys, as was most of AB at one point or another)....mabye i have to clarify myself ...the words hick, and redneck are interchangable to me...

regardless i appologize if i offended you....

Originally posted by j_gor78

Canada did not start out as a secular nation....original point proven...Canada has changed!!
    ohh ok so you want us to live in the same condidtions as we were in the 17th century LOL .....countries change...and in this case it was for the best.....do you honetly want to be living in a theocratic nation like iran right now???....change is sometimes for the best,

and btw the transition to a secular state was not due to immigration, and immigrants

Beachgirl, aside that your claim that this editorial was written and published by a Canadian (it wasn't - if you choose to debate this point please provide a link, or the actual paper) However, I tend to agree on many fronts.

What I don't understand is why immigrants move to Canada under the pretense of finding a better life yet they segregate themselves into little communities. For example chinatown - I'll put good money on it that there are a large portion of dwellers in chinatown that could not string together a half coherant english sentence if their lives depended on it. That's just plain fucking ignorance in my opinion. I wouldn't move to say Brasil and try to communicate in only English. No, I would take some Portuguese lessons and I would engage people of the host country in conversation as frequently as possible so that I might learn to communicate. Not these people, they are happy to go about their daily lives in ignorance that they aren't in china anymore. Nice.

If you really want to see something interesting take a look at the government of Quebec's website:

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.q...c/society.html

Now that's a set of guidlines I'd like to see for the rest of the country!

I also might note that Dalton McGuinty, premier of Ontario, took a step in the right direction by telling the islamic fundies to "Talk to the fucking hand" regarding sharia law. Seriously, get a fucking grip people.
    Last edited by 403 Forbidden; 09-18-2005 at 11:11 AM.

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

I really dont care if anyones offended by what i am about to say. But hicks are basically cryin becuase immigrants from third world counties have come to canada and alberta and have better jobs and a better life style then them and are jealous. Canada is a multicultural country so deal with it.

My Ride
    King Ranch with boots and a hat to match

Default Re: Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

Originally posted by Beachgirl
    Check this out, it was an editorial written by a Canadian citizen and published in a Canadian newspaper. Following comments I wholeheartedly agree with.
    Do you wear your white robe at night and burn crosses in front of the homes of black people too, bitch?

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

Default Re: Re: Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

Originally posted by FlySi

Do you wear your white robe at night and burn crosses in front of the homes of black people too, bitch?
    she prolly does. Hey if you dont like canada been multicultured why dont you express one of canada freedoms and LEAVE!!

Default Re: Re: Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

Originally posted by FlySi

I fail to see the connection, Bitch!

Default Re: Re: Re: Immigrants, Not Canadians must Adapt

Originally posted by 403 Forbidden

I fail to see the connection, Bitch!

wow simmer down bud

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

The connection fag is that she agrees with it and falls under the redneck category like you do.

Originally posted by LudeRoca
    The connection fag is that she agrees with it and falls under the redneck category like you do.
    guys lets not let this get personal...

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

I moved here from Denmark, I love canada, I speak better english than most of you here, but i refuse to give up my mother tongue. I speak Danish at home, I curse in danish when I hurt myself, and once in a while meet with other danes to talk about the motherland.

However, if someone puts a cross on a wall somewhere and expects me to live with it, i'll be genuinely pissed - thats something called a STATE religion, and it goes against all that the canadian entity represents.

Originally posted by LudeRoca
    Take it easy dirtbag, the grease from your hair is getting on the keyboard.
    Last edited by 403 Forbidden; 09-18-2005 at 11:03 AM.

Originally posted by Raz
    I moved here from Denmark, I love canada, I speak better english than most of you here, but i refuse to give up my mother tongue. I speak Danish at home, I curse in danish when I hurt myself, and once in a while meet with other danes to talk about the motherland.

However, if someone puts a cross on a wall somewhere and expects me to live with it, i'll be genuinely pissed - thats something called a STATE religion, and it goes against all that the canadian entity represents.
    See, now that's the spirit. More people with this kind of attitude should be let into Canada. Thank you for posting.

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

lol. dude you are just soo hurt. I dont even need to come up with a comeback for that cause it was just way to hurt. This thread is gonna turn into a big arguement. BUt 403 Forbidden, its okay bro. Your family will get outta the gutter sooner or later. Dont gotta blaim immigrants for it.

The article's credibility was lost when they used the word "Islamics" lol

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast