Quantcast
So i got pulled over last night - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: So i got pulled over last night

My Ride
    05 Lifted ram-08 Mega Cab Dually-1946 383 Chev

Default So i got pulled over last night

F'n Bull, last night i was on my way to my dads, obeying traffic laws not speeding or anything, i put my signal light on to turn right at a stop light, which btw is legal lol and BAM 2 cop cars nail me, so i pull into a parking lot thinking WTF is goin on i did nothing wrong. 2 seconds later 3 more cop cars show up, im thinkin holy fuck wuts goin on, and then 3 minutes later 2 more cop cars show up, by the time 5 minutes is up there is a total of 8 cop cars there, well i was pulled over for having white signal lights front and rear, and my exhaust so ya, 3 tickets and 230$ poorer they called it a night, musta been setting up a checkstop or something but it was 115$ for my exhaust, which is quiet and low and he didnt have a decible meter he just said it was a sport exhaust and i got ticketed and i got 57$ per end of my car so front and rear so there is 114$ there for both but i think its total BS because a guy flew by my a 100kmh in a 50 zone and they didnt do anything when they were RIGHT THERE he passed them but they pulled me over instead for a f'n white signal light so im gonna go and change the bulbs to red in the rear and amber in the front does anyone know the signal light bulb numbers for front/rear. im gonna go fight the exhaust ticket... argh lol god damn power abusing pigs.... musta just got off a timmy's break... nothing better to do than harass a kid obeying the traffic laws

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

Obeying traffic laws?...Those mods are technically illegal and you still chose to have them on your car. Stupid or not, it's illegal.

to CPS. Keeping ricers off the street one civic at a time

well i think its stupid that people are getting shot up left and right in calgary...and we have 8 cop cars ticket a kid for havin a riced out car.......where are the priorities?

My Ride
    91 PP1 - 93 EH6 - 01 BB6

Default Re: So i got pulled over last night

Originally posted by black_radiation
    F'n Bull, last night i was on my way to my dads, obeying traffic laws not speeding or anything, i put my signal light... i was pulled over for having white signal lights front and rear, and my exhaust so ya,..im gonna go fight the exhaust ticket... argh lol god damn power abusing pigs.... nothing better to do than harass a kid obeying the traffic laws

My Ride
    Subaru(s)

Originally posted by jaysas_63
    well i think its stupid that people are getting shot up left and right in calgary...
    By people in civics
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Where can i find if my exhasut is illegal or not?

if it sounds like a lawn mower its illegal

My Ride
    Unicycle

ur exhaust is illegal...
    according to them, I was told that you can only have the stock exhaust on ur car and if that breaks the nu need to replace it with a stock exhaust aswell.

so u can try and fight it but i dont think u'll have any luck unless the police dont show.

If i was you just try and get it reduced. same with ur lights i got pulled for that aswell and the police was kind enough to say i should change it and they will dropp 2 since i got 4 tickets for just lightings...

they are getting strict now with after market parts.

FEEL FREE TO CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

My Ride
    1989 Audi 200

rofl

there is NO clause on having a non-stock exhaust system on your car being illegal, there are bylaws - NOT TRAFFIC LAWS - regards to noise violations, but NONE for a 'sports exhaust system'

Eight cop cars? Wow, those must've been some dangerous fucking blinkers you had there buddy, like, was there crystal meth in your exhaust, and a scent of dead hooker on your breath?

Honestly cop-guys, get a GRIP sometimes.

Chances are that your car matched the description of someone crazee, and just to 'justify' pulling you over they had to give you tickets.

- Rasmus

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Who knows the real reason why they pulled you over but I do agree, tickets for a bunch of little mods is really lame, some of you guys are slaves to society. As much as I hate rice Im starting to get tired of the photo radar, the stop light cameras and all the stupid little infractions that you can get busted for. It's not like any of this helps anyways, Calgary has the shittiest drivers even with all these rules.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2000 323i

Yeah....to warrant pulling you over, instead of being men and saying "sorry, your car matched the description of a car involved in a nearby recent crime, have a nice night" they give you tickets? That's ridiculous.
    Mike

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

yes, but laws and bylaws, little or big, have to be upheld. If you start granting leniency to some things and not others, its still not fair. Now, I'm not saying it was right, wrong or otherwise, but lets consider this....Was the exhaust he had on the car "performance replacement exhaust" such as a DOT approved Flowmaster system, or otherwise? Or was it more like a 200 dollar stainless polished glasspack that says on the box "for offroad use only" thats welded onto the factory 2" pipe? That would make a difference. If I got pulled over for mine (which wouldn't happen, its stock enough looking), I could prove its a DOT approved aftermarket replacement. Yes it sounds like nit picking, but that a fact of law, its black and white when it comes to approved and not approved aftermarket equipment.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

good
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

LOL, lights are inherent attention getters. if you want to drive around in a modified car, don't fuck with your lights..

My Ride
    RB26DETT SIL40 VERT

pff you Calgaryians have it easy Lethbridge cops by far are the biggest dicks in the world we get harrased for nothing all the time 4 cars par in a parking lot to have some supper and the cops will roll in lights flashing to aask us questions. Or two kids in a car we must be up to no good Lights Flashing for another classic routine check. Or how about Lights flashing at me when i pulled over to check a weird noise comeing from my car. I can't justify being ticketd for something illegal i'e speeding, illegal mods etc etc but half the time we honestly are doing nothing illegal but the cops have nothing better to do but harras us. Most the time if they see were kids they will follow us for miles just waiting for us to scrue up. I one time noticed a cop following me in my SUV so we decided to ahve some fun we did everything legal we just drove around a bit to see how long until we got pulled over of course it didint take long for me to be puled over for Dunk driveing even tho i blew an amazeing 0! lol sometimes its fun to have fun with the cops when were doing nothing wroung but most the time its just anoying
    Cheap 16 wheels for sale
    http://forums.beyond.ca/st/256625/f-s-16x7-black-modenas-4-100-108-40/

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

thats nothing, i am pulled over alteast 20 times a year driving a stock 92 supra. no lights, no "rims" no mufflier. nothing. just driving total legal. i guess cause being lebanese and in forest lawn. actually it happened once downtown too. in a parking lot i was parked too.

My Ride
    '08 Lancer GTS & '06 ZX10

You guys must have bad luck. I drive a fairly heavily modded 5.0 Mustang with tinted windows. I got pulled over last week. I didn't get a tint ticket because I had just registered the car. He made me take my smoked license plate cover over and break it in half and didn't give me a ticket. And he didn't say a word about my exhaust which is a MAC H pipe and Flowmasters with full length 1 5/8" headers...

Mind you, that makes up for the two photo radar tickets and the speeding ticket I've gotten in the last 5 weeks on my bike...

Still, I can think of better things for them to do then write us tickets for ours cars..
    Terrorists suck.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Wow, there's got to be something you guys aren't sharing here.

I have a loud exhaust with a ghey 4" tip, my car is super low, I'm always speeding, and heck, I'll even admit that I chirp the tires all over the place.

I get pulled over once every two years on average.

My Ride
    a wrx.

To be fair though, campus 5-0 pulled me over a few days ago and issued me a warning for cornering fast haha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast