Quantcast
In the grand tradition of wedding threads... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: In the grand tradition of wedding threads...

My Ride
    Highlander

Default In the grand tradition of wedding threads...

Haha keeping up with the steady flow into the "Beyond wedding directory" Rolland and I set a date for our wedding last weekend and we have been told to get on booking sites asap. We are having our ceremony on a family site so that's not a concern, but we're looking for a really nice (possibly unique) place for a reception. We're looking for a facility that can hold 150 people and ideally can do all the catering for us so that we dont have to hire a catering company on top of everything else.

Please post up any suggestions you have as well as websites if you know them. Thanks! We really appreciate the help

My co-worker's sister is having her reception at the Palliser. The room rates were pretty reasonable but that may have been because of connections.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Palliser is good ... but they have minium charge .. and they are pricy .. for 150 people, you can book their Alberta room ..
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    MDX

The ranch at fishcreek.

My Ride
    TL

Had mine at Willow Park Golf and Country club. Was going to do the Palliser or Hyatt for our wedding, but it ended up that the justification for the cost and quality of food was not that great.

Plus the butlered wine for Willow Park ruled as you didn't have empty bottles of white wine sitting around. We had 150 people at our reception also.

If you want pictures of our reception just PM.

My Ride
    Highlander

^^ Just out of curiosity (and you dont have to answer if you dont want to) what was the total cost of your reception at the willow park golf and country club? Feel free to pm me if you dont wanna post it here

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!

My wife and I got married at Valley Ridge Golf and Conference Center.

The food was AMAZING (better than even I expected) and the service was EXCELLENT. Everyone at the wedding was treated like the guests of honour. Its a really nice location too because you can get married on the patio outside if you want, and once the reception is into "party-mode" the patio is open for people to hang out on (tiki torches included).

www.valleyridgegolf.com

Take note... we booked a YEAR in advance to get a July date. Good places tend to go VERY quickly.

Heritage Park.

I got married on the boat and had the reception at the Wainwright Hotel.

Spruce Meadows is good as well.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by sputnik
    Take note... we booked a YEAR in advance to get a July date. Good places tend to go VERY quickly.
    Our wedding isn't until 2007 so we have plenty of time, but I had a friend who just got married who had to settle for a 4th or 5th choice reception spot cause her first choices had been booked two years in advance!

Originally posted by Melinda

Our wedding isn't until 2007 so we have plenty of time, but I had a friend who just got married who had to settle for a 4th or 5th choice reception spot cause her first choices had been booked two years in advance!
    That's why you go for the "off season" woo hoo! You're also shooting for Sept so you should be better off than the guys who need June/July/Aug spots. I'd offer some of the suggestions of our reception sites, but we're not planning for 150.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

In two years, your guest list might change. Better be sure the facility can handle more people if necessary.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by abyss

That's why you go for the "off season" woo hoo! You're also shooting for Sept so you should be better off than the guys who need June/July/Aug spots. I'd offer some of the suggestions of our reception sites, but we're not planning for 150.
    Yeah, picking sept was a good idea for booking alot of stuff, it was one of the reasons I wanted to wait until after the mad 'summer rush' was over

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
    In two years, your guest list might change. Better be sure the facility can handle more people if necessary.
    150 is actually more than what we figure the guest list will be anyways, it's a close estimate. We're trying to keep things relatively small, there will be even fewer at the actual wedding.

My Ride
    V8 Toy

Glencoe Golf and Country...... members?
    "Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." - Albert Einstein

My Ride
    Highlander

Haha no we're not members, but Glencoe is way out of our price range! Thanks for the suggestion though!!!

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Originally posted by Melinda
    ^^ Just out of curiosity (and you dont have to answer if you dont want to) what was the total cost of your reception at the willow park golf and country club? Feel free to pm me if you dont wanna post it here

Thanks for the suggestions everyone!
    Hmmm.... isn't that a private golf and country club? Do you not need to be members?

Oh... and they do excellent pasta. They cook everything fresh right in front of your eyes, buffet style. My brother had his wedding rehearsal there.

Originally posted by abyss
    The off season can suck for weather. If you are planning on taking pictures outside you may want to consider July/Aug so that you arent forced into taking pictures at the Devonion Gardens or something. I realize that July/Aug can have off days, however they tend to be more predictable than Sept.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

ya while your at it, you should hit up my moms store for wedding stuff

My Ride
    Highlander

The off season can suck for weather. If you are planning on taking pictures outside you may want to consider July/Aug so that you arent forced into taking pictures at the Devonion Gardens or something. I realize that July/Aug can have off days, however they tend to be more predictable than Sept.
    We had more rain in june/july this year than we did in sept lol. And my birthday is in August so I dont wanna put the two of them together...It's a hit and miss with any weekend, I'm sure the brides during our super long rain/flood season thought they'd be all good to go for their weddings too :P we'll find backup plans, I've shot outdoor wedding pictures in the rain, you just need to be creative!

Originally posted by stevieo
    ya while your at it, you should hit up my moms store for wedding stuff
    What is your mom's store?

That's true, we're planning on having an alternate indoor picture location if the weather goes sour. The reception location and flowers were more important to us than the picture location. It's all about how you prioritize the aspects of your wedding IMO.
    Success is the ultimate revenge.

I know a really awesome photographer if you are interested Mel...
    :P
    Wait that might cause a problem!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast