Quantcast
Gun Videos. Gun Pictures. Gun Freaks. Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns! - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gun Videos. Gun Pictures. Gun Freaks. Guns, Guns, Guns, Guns!

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by QuasarCav

-Mortar, not much to it, drop the round in and it goes automatically or you can preload and use the trigger to fire. Wait 6 sec and listen for a tree falling.

Are mortar's actually effective in anything other than scare tactics? Can you actually make them become remotely accurate? All of the videos i've seen from Iraq show mortar battles but they never really hit their targets, and even if they come close, they don't seem to do any damage.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Are mortar's actually effective in anything other than scare tactics? Can you actually make them become remotely accurate? All of the videos i've seen from Iraq show mortar battles but they never really hit their targets, and even if they come close, they don't seem to do any damage.

I'm talking about strictly a smaller size of mortar here, smaller than 70mm. The larger mortars can be somewhat aimed but the weapon isn't meant to be fired directly at the enemy.

It works in combination with the other platoon weapons to provide fire over a larger area. It's known as "indirect fire", imagine sitting in a trench on one side and your enemy is on the other side, now when you fire you are firing directly at the enemy. With mortars you just point them in the general direction and make the battlefield hell.

Now with the larger mortars they are too heavy for a normal person to carry. They are mounted on the ground or in a vehicle and can be adjusted. You fire one round and wait for it to blow, your spotter lets you know where abouts it landed and you adjust the mortar tube to compensate for this. There are alos rings of powder that you can place on the end of the mortar round that can make it go shorter or farther.

When a mortar hits it will do damage, it's a high explosive and it will take down buildings and bunkers.

If you are fighting just with mortars you are not going to do much damage to a wide area and you'll probably get yourself shot. But in the case of the palestinians (sp?) it works pretty damn good because your enemy is not far away and you just point it in the general direction and let loose.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I believe that is also called "Fire for Effect," pretty much to make the enemy shit their pants.

I'm considering joining the military sometime in the future, so I've researched as much as I can (I love having a full military history library at my University )
    Geek

To my understanding fire for effect is when you fire a few rounds to see where they go and work off that to place them closer to the enemy.

I could be wrong though, I used the mortar only a couple of times. I had the machine gun for a couple of years.

My Ride
    2cv16

My Ride
    2cv16

can someone give fluicid an Oscar award?

My Ride
    Cup of Tea

oh seeing this makes me more excited to take my course next weekend!!!

My Ride
    Acura TL

Guns are for cowards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2