Quantcast
Mitsubishi Evo X - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Evo X

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

$40,000? I highly doubt it. Sti sells for over 50K here I doubt mitsu would price it that low here when they are asking that much for the eclipse

I thought the Evo IX was going to be the last Evo built on the current Lancer chassis. Anyone know whether or not that's true?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Evo IX will be out this year.

Evo X is expected to be shown at the Tokyo motor show in October

My Ride
    1995 civic CX

that means the STi will lower in price and i will pick up a STi but i want a 05 =[ hahah

06 is the ugz.. if not i will get one for sure hahaha
    i need a winter beater;

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by benyl

HAHAAHAHHAHAHA. You do realize for the most part, the STi is actually faster than the EVO. The advantage of the EVO on the STi is the handling and that is up for debate. Looks wise, the EVO is nicer on the exterior, but the interior is absolutely horrible!
    I have about seven magazine comparisons and the EVO was chosen winner in all but one comparison. The MR is faster than the STi in every category while the regular EVO isn't quite as fast. While both cars handle extremely well it takes a skilled driver to get the most out of an STi, the EVO is a better handling car for the average driver as it is just plain easier to drive at it's limits. It wins the comparisons because it's simply a better overall car though not by much.

I agree the EVO looks nicer outside and the Subaru has the better interior but I wouldn't call the EVO interior horrible. It's simple, non-flashy, and functional.

The SRT-4 is just a stop-gap car for me until 2007-2008.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

but I wouldn't call the EVO interior horrible. It's simple, non-flashy, and functional.
    I dare say, that is because you are used to the Neon interior in your SRT4. hehe.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I dare say, that is because you are used to the Neon interior in your SRT4. hehe.
    No. While I do like tastefully done interiors such as the typical Audi, I prefer a simple layout when it comes to performance cars. No digital speedo's or tachs, no chrome, gadgets, or video game type layouts. I'm a 'GO' type of guy not the 'SHOW' type. Sure the EVO interior could use a little sprucing up but the essentials for driving fast are all there. If you wanted luxury you wouldn't be looking at an EVO in the first place.

BTW: At least the neon interior came with a boost gauge.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

hahaha, so true... DAMMIT!

My Ride
    FJC, S30

well wouldnt the MR be equivalent to the Spec C or s203 from subaru?

and yes, i know i know, our STi's over here are similar if not basically, spec c's. so dont rag on me
    Submaker.Illest.

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by heavyD

No. While I do like tastefully done interiors such as the typical Audi, I prefer a simple layout when it comes to performance cars. No digital speedo's or tachs, no chrome, gadgets, or video game type layouts. I'm a 'GO' type of guy not the 'SHOW' type. Sure the EVO interior could use a little sprucing up but the essentials for driving fast are all there. If you wanted luxury you wouldn't be looking at an EVO in the first place.

BTW: At least the neon interior came with a boost gauge.
    I'VE seen the evo VIII in person and the interior is really cheap (looks like an early 90s car), the metal panels are super thin even in the door jams, and they used to have a horrible rusting problem.

I'd still get one , but I wouldnt say the interior is simple. It's about as crappy as my subaru RS interior lol and was probably an after thought. But ppl who care about that crap buy audis and bimmers anyways

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by Fuji
    I'VE seen the evo VIII in person and the interior is really cheap (looks like an early 90s car), the metal panels are super thin even in the door jams, and they used to have a horrible rusting problem.

I'd still get one , but I wouldnt say the interior is simple. It's about as crappy as my subaru RS interior lol and was probably an after thought. But ppl who care about that crap buy audis and bimmers anyways
    I see the EVO VIII interior all the time in my wife's Lancer Ralliart (different seats & gauges) and while it's not flashy the materials are decent quality and fit & finish is excellent and on par with anything out of Honda or Toyota. Panels on her car seem to be fine as there isn't one dent or scratch after 9 months & 17000 km's.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
    and yes, i know i know, our STi's over here are similar if not basically, spec c's. so dont rag on me
    Who the heck told you that?

My Ride
    FJC, S30

Who the heck told you that?
    raed it on nabisco
    Submaker.Illest.

My Ride
    '08 Lancer GTS & '06 ZX10

The $40k price tag was for the EVO X. Price goes up for MR edition. I would expect to see them priced around 48k. I find the STis a little over priced...

Still prefer the EVO, especially after my experience with them in the US. I'm putting my pennies in a jar now....
    Terrorists suck.

My Ride
    2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, 1998 GMC Sierra

Hmm... time to start an Evo fund.

And to those who say the Evo interior is cheap vs the STi, the STi isn't too great either. I figure it is safe to say that both automakers didn't spend too much on interior appointments.
    "Power is nothing without control"

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Could this be it?

My Ride
    IS250

Could this be it?

i may be wrong
    but isnt that the mitsu sport wagon thats suppose to go against cars like the golf?

if that is the evo x...i like it already!

My Ride
    '04 Subaru STi

^ that's not it, that is as cujo said the new sportback concept. lots of pics on our site about it already.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

all the speculation i've heard is that the sportback concept is supposed to suggest the direction of the next lancer

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Default Mitsubishi Evo X

Mitsubishi Evo X

Mitsubishi has taken the wraps off a 'concept' that previews the 2007 Lancer Evolution X. The Concept-X makes its debut at Tokyo Motorshow in October, and judging by the pictures it's a much better looking, and far more aggressive design than the current Evo. Designers point to the massive grille opening and NACA duct on the bonnet as evidence of 'the huge quantities of air it draws in.' This is a broad hint that the Evo's new engine will be a fire-breathing turbocharged unit. Concept-X also uses a clutchless 6-speed auto-manual transmission with paddle shifters mounted on the steering wheel. Also hinting at its rally-bred heritage, the Concept-X uses aluminium for the bonnet, bootlid, wings, roof and front and rear door panels to bring the weight - and centre of gravity - right down. Also showcased on Concept-X, a feature that Mistubishi calls Super All Wheel Control, which is a further development of the company's superb four-wheel drive setup.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast