Quantcast
Boycott: Lone Star Mercedes Benz - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott: Lone Star Mercedes Benz

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Default Boycott: Lone Star Mercedes Benz

This is my personal boycott against you, Lone Star. You could not properly complete a simple front brake job.

When I brought you the car to fix whatever mistake you had made, you told me everything was fine.

I drove the car 5 feet to your exit and the same problems were occuring.

When I came to visit your service manager to complain and inquire as to how such a simple task can't be done properly, he yelled at me and told me he wasnt responsible for the craftsmanship of his mechanics.

I wonder if business ethics anywhere tells you it is ok to chrage someone 2500 in new front end work... then to yell at them and complain. If I didnt think I had a case against you, know that I would have been thinking about embarassing you in your parking lot in front of all the potential customers you were about to victimize.

If you even for a second thought I was going to do nothing about this, you are sadly mistaken.

When we couldnt reach a resolve... and when I refused to listen to more of your bullshitting about how its somehow the cars fault that the mechanic could not install the new braking parts correctly,

You told me to get a lawyer.

Indeed I will. I will also smear your story of shitty service everywhere I possibly can.

Thank you,

TheBenzo.
    Last edited by TheBenzo; 09-29-2005 at 12:36 PM.

My Ride
    2000 323i

I'll take a note. I don't drive a Benz, but I work in an office building. TONS of em here.
    Mike

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

I thought it was common knowlege that Lone Star was shady.

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Thank you. I looked at this from every angle before coming to this conclusion. I have spent over $4000 dollars with this place in the last year. Not only is their customer service completely horrid, but they do not value repeat business.

Further to that, they do NOT do good work.. they dont even back up the shitty work they do do.

Originally posted by t-im
    I thought it was common knowlege that Lone Star was shady.
    They recently hired a new service manager, which afforded them a bit more credibility. I see this is not the case.. in fact it is much worse.

I know that building is turning into dodges truck center.. which means they are either moving or going out of business? Either way you cut it I am going to do everything in my power to make sure no one else recieves that type of shitty treatment ever again.

Reminds me of dealing with Deerfoot Auto Pro, why do they always yell and swear at the customers when they or their employee's screw up?

My Ride
    GTI

They're moving into luxury lane I believe.

I've been saying lonestar sucks for awhile now, so have some other members.

I'd suggest goint to Hyatt, I used to work there, very good service, I've been getting my car serviced at Hyatt for the past year or so.

My Ride

Originally posted by Hakkola
    They're moving into luxury lane I believe.

I've been saying lonestar sucks for awhile now, so have some other members.

I'd suggest goint to Hyatt, I used to work there, very good service, I've been getting my car serviced at Hyatt for the past year or so.

If you've already had bad experencies at Lone Star, why continue going there...???

I stopped going to Lone Star for servicing ages ago, partially cause it's far but also because of all the dick stories

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

I am thinking of getting a new benz.
    where should I go to then?...or is it just the service that sux.
    should i just buy my car there and tune it up somewhere else?
    Insurance Pro

i will never be able to afford one, so because of that i boycott from default!
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride

Originally posted by guessboi
    I am thinking of getting a new benz.
    where should I go to then?...or is it just the service that sux.
    should i just buy my car there and tune it up somewhere else?
    go to Hyatt.

I don't like the sales people at Lone Star..even the one my parents go to (which i'm sure 10000x chinese families buy from)

My Ride
    Wristshots

yea, hyatt's where its at...my dads been taking our benz there for like 4 years now.

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

thanks guys.

forgot about hyatt.
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

I've never had good experiences from ANY benz dealership in Calgary.

Gonna buy? Go to and get serviced in Vancouver.

Service wise I am looking into a place called Alpine Autowerks and Nurburgring

I love the Lonestar Service Department! When I had my SLK, I got a new front bumper with paint because one of their service guys took out a chunk of it during a routine maintenance visit.

All my rock chips were gone! I've heard tons of horror stories with their service department, I'm just glad I never had to pay for anything. Only thing that I really liked was the fact I got a loaner vehicle every time. I wish Honda had loaner vehicles.
    ---

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

I took my SLR there last weekend to get an oil change, and they put he wrong weight in. Bastards. im with you benzo!

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Originally posted by kenny
    I love the Lonestar Service Department! When I had my SLK, I got a new front bumper with paint because one of their service guys took out a chunk of it during a routine maintenance visit.

All my rock chips were gone! I've heard tons of horror stories with their service department, I'm just glad I never had to pay for anything. Only thing that I really liked was the fact I got a loaner vehicle every time. I wish Honda had loaner vehicles.
    HAHA Hyatt gave loaners too.. last on I got from LoneStar was an E430D or something like that. That was about 70% of the reason I took it to the dealer; needed wheels and I wanted good parts.. service etc. Probably 8 grand out in total from dealing with the dealers whom both I think did absolutely nothing.

It's pretty bad that I was looking at getting a new C class... and I wont now because who the fuck do you service it with?

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by TheBenzo
    Nurburgring
    Not a huge fan of nurburgring, got my headlights and brakes installed there, don't have much to complain about but ZorroAMG said they tried overcharging him or something like that, you'd have to get the story from him as I don't remember it exactly.

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Also forgot to mention that their Old service manager threatened to call the rental/loaner car in STOLEN if I didnt call him back immediately.

I was on a fucking business trip to Edmonton.

I explained the situation to him and the maluckafuck tells me that their insurance didnt cover out of town travel. I was on my way back while he phoned me frantically.. Serious fucking lack of professionalism. If they would have done that to my dad, he would likely have verbally lit his ass up right in front of everyone.. I, not wanting to bring bad press decided against it this time.

I argued that my policy covers that and that they (benz) even asked for my insurance info before giving me the keys...

Im sincerely revved about these idiots and the bullshit they have given me.

My Ride

I've never had good experiences from ANY benz dealership in Calgary.

Gonna buy? Go to and get serviced in Vancouver.

Service wise I am looking into a place called Alpine Autowerks and Nurburgring
    I find Mercedes-Benz service subpar in Vancouver - i've dealt with both MB-Vancouver (the one on west broadway) and MB Richmond (in the automall) and I found both sales + service to be crappy.

BMW on the other hand, was phonmenal in Vancouver.

My Ride
    GTI

I argued that my policy covers that and that they (benz) even asked for my insurance info before giving me the keys...

Im sincerely revved about these idiots and the bullshit they have given me.
    It's true, loaner cars can't be taken outside of city limits. They only ask for your insurance as proof that you can be insured.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast