Quantcast
Buying a new snowboard - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Buying a new snowboard

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Default Buying a new snowboard

Hey guys,

After using the same old ass board for like 7 years, i'm finally getting a new snowboard. I'm just not sure how long I should get. It will be for all mountain riding, a bit of everything. i'm not huge on the pipe or the park, but i will do both. It would be mostly for freestyle riding, and I do like to spin and shit.

I'm about 5'11 190lbs. I'm thinking i should get around a 158 or 159. What do you guys think?

Also what would you recommend for a board? It looks like i'm going to go all out and get a burton.. maybe this years Jussi or a custom. And in terms of bindings i'm not sure yet... i'll most likely get everything at the source. Thanks for any help.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

158, or 59 sounds pretty good. I'm 6'0 and ride a 160. I've been riding Jussi's the last 2 years but rode an Endeavour Paavo last year. Jussi is an amazing board, lots of snap and good flex.

For Burton bindings I'd probably look at the Cartel or Mission depending on your budget.

My Ride
    90 jdm ST185 86 ST162

I'm 6'4 and I'm riding a 166.

Usually the word of thumb is to get inbetween your chin and your nose, shorter if you are into freestyle and spins, longer if you are just one who goes straight down the hill and carves thats it thats all.

158 Should be a good size for ya, dont get something too long, they are a hassle to spin with

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

im 5 11 and im on a 158 its really nice, just bought that board past season too second hand but its still good, been used about a dozen times.. its an option super charger, really reccomended

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Yeah it sounds like a 158 or 159 would be good for me. My outgoing board is a 152 so it should definitely be a step up either way. Thanks for the help guys! And in terms of budget it looks like i'm going to spend about $1100 with taxes. I have a hookup so hopefully it comes to less than $1000 since i need some new gloves too
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Cant wait for the ski season, the new ski lineups should start trickling in pretty quick
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Yeah this season is going to kick ass. I'm done school, no more assignments and studying. I have a good job so i'm going to try and get out every weekend and indulge my self with some good gear I could never afford to have before

My Ride
    BMW

Go with forum (which burton now owns if im not mistaken). Im 6'2, 200lbs, and I ride a 159 Walsh forum. Good for all round, plus park when I feel like it. Go with the burton cartel bindings. I have the white sno camo special edition, they are money.

My Ride
    MKVII GTI, LibTech HotKnife&TRice

Burton Jussi is a tight board, I got to ride an '07 at a Demo
    in Big White I think... or was it Sun Peaks.

Either way they're very very nice board.

As for size... I rock a Canyon 167 and am 6'0 but I don't really
    hit the park that much, more of a pow pow kinda guy.

But if you do like the park etc, I'd do 156-160 range.
    Guess who's back... tell some men.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

i ride a 157 when i am in the pipe and a 160 for free riding in the mountains

i am 5'10.5 at 165

i find it alot harder to ride my seven when i want to do tricks which is why i only use it in the mountains. but i ussually ride my balance, both burton. only type of board i would ride and i highly suggest the same to you

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

I'm 5'10" and I ride a 158, usually just mountain riding, but I hit up the park sometimes.

Burtons are great boards, but I am riding a sims right now and I love it.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by silbergrau330
    Go with forum (which burton now owns if im not mistaken). Im 6'2, 200lbs, and I ride a 159 Walsh forum. Good for all round, plus park when I feel like it. Go with the burton cartel bindings. I have the white sno camo special edition, they are money.
    Looks like Burton is the way to go. Thanks for the advice guys!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Well, I've always rode burton but I switched it up and got a ride mountain and I've been really happy with it. Super solid, nice feel, great board all around.

I'm 6'0" and 220lbs and it's a 163. Happy with the size, great all around for me as you can still jump around and spin a bit (albeit no 720's but I can't do them anyways....)

As for bindings, burton freestyle haver never let me down in the last 12 years of riding. Only bindings I'll ride.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    06 civic coupe EX

where's a good place to shop for snowboards?? online or at stores like sportchek?
    You drive a manual, you only steer an automatic!

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

^^^ No and no, lol.. I would say if you are really in the market for a good board go to a snowboard shop. Ie: Chikko, the Source, Mission etc...

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Sigh.. burton sucks. they bought so much stuff out.

I ride a 166 Extra Wide, with forum Ata's in chrome and destroyer boots.

DO NOT cheap out on boots, you will regret it.

Places to shop:
    Source, 10st NW just off memorial, 17th ave, Shawnessy, and canmore still?
    Mission, Kensington road, same building as nellies, 17th right by western...

those are the places i goooo...

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I'm going to the source and mission. Same places i've been going for the past 10 years. I'm thinking of getting the Jussi 159 w/ the cartels in white/black/reverse

BTW, does mission custom order for you? I've done it with shoes with them... I know source doesn't which is gay. pretty much what they get they get. I don't want to settle on the bindings and get a color that i don't want.

Originally posted by silbergrau330
    Go with forum (which burton now owns if im not mistaken).

Don't bother with Forum. I owned a Pete Line 156 couple years ago and it delamned (sp?) in about a month of riding.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by M_Power

Don't bother with Forum. I owned a Pete Line 156 couple years ago and it delamned (sp?) in about a month of riding.
    It delaminated? thats gay. I always thought forum was top of the line.

No, Forum is so much hype. There team is amazing but I've never been impressed by their products. Lot's of people will say the same about Burton, but from all the boards I've ridden there just the best ones.
    O and Burton doesn't own Forum, they proposed a deal to buy it from Fourstar but it never went through.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast