Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion - Page 212 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 212 of 324 FirstFirst ... 202 211 212 213 222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6476

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD: Info, Chat, Discussion

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Stupid business law midterm tonight I wanted to order the PPV as well

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Originally posted by heavyD

I'm hoping that both the Oilers & Canucks miss the playoffs.

The Canucks missing the playoffs will hopefully put their fans back in their place as I'm tired of them saying how much better their team is than the Flames especially since the current edition of the Canucks has never done anything in the playoffs over the past 5 years to prove they are a good team unless you consider making the 2nd round your stanley cup.

The Oilers missing the playoffs would hopefully shut the fans that claim that all the Flames do is clutch & grab which is far from the truth. The truth is Oiler fans don't understand good defensive hockey which is understandable considering their defense is average at best (please don't say on paper the Oilers defense is as good as the Flames either as real hockey isn't played on paper).

I don't recall any other Canadian fans shedding tears for the Flames missing the playoffs for 7 years in a row so why should I care when their teams run into some of their own downtime. In fact if there is a god the Leafs may never make the playoffs again & Hockey night in Toronto could turn back into Hockey night in Canada again like it was in the 80's. That way whe I tune into TSN the headline story would be Flames, Oilers, or Canucks highlites that night not a 3rd line Leaf player like Tie Domi being scratched for a game. Montreal has won 24 Stanley Cups, why would I care if they miss the playoffs this year? Ottawa looks promising but we've seen them flame out in the playoffs every spring plus Ottawa is a terrible sports city (full of white collar fans that don't expect to pay for tickets with their own money) and doesn't deserve a Stanley Cup IMO.
    I usually disagree with a lot of your hockey rants, but this one was pretty spot on.

For me though, I'd like more Canadian teams in the playoffs just so that increases the chances of a Canadian team FINALLY winning a Stanley cup...it's embarassing how we've done in recent years.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Last time the cup was in Canada was in 1993 by the Montreal Canadiens. 13 years

My Ride
    Acura TL 6MT SH-AWD

Goals: Iggy, Leclerc, Kobasew, and a D....Leopold?....but probably Hamrlik.

I'm thinking 4-3 final tonight, possiblty OT

That reminds me, gotta get my proline for tonight

My Ride
    2000 323i

I bet you $80000 that LeClerc will not score tonight.
    Mike

My Ride
    impreza

How bad is the wrist injury to Leclerc? Flames site say indefenite.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Fan 960 said yesterday it's more serious than they thought...he's out for a little while yet.
    Mike

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd

I predict Amonte will score tonight.
    Hopefully... its been a long fuggin time coming. If he doesn't I might have to kick him in the nuts. I know where he lives!

I think my dad is planning on ordering the PPV tonight as usual.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

Originally posted by mac_82

In the end I would rather cheer for an American team over Edmonton, Toronto, or Vancouver.

It would be great to see Amonte and Leopold score goals tonight! I am still debating if I am gonna order the pay per view, but its looking like I will...
    lol man you must really have a real hate on for those canadian teams.

^ It's simply a matter of principle Hating the Canucks and Edmonton doesn't stop with the Playoffs, if anything it intensifies! Haha

4-3 Flames (fingers crossed)

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

If kipper's in net 3-1 Flames

If Boucher's in net 7-1 Wild

JK

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

another 3-2 flames win

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

Originally posted by mac_82

In the end I would rather cheer for an American team over Edmonton, Toronto, or Vancouver.

It would be great to see Amonte and Leopold score goals tonight! I am still debating if I am gonna order the pay per view, but its looking like I will...
    Are you kidding me, how is that even a question to ponder...
    Make it 6-1 against the Wild.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

I think it will be 4-2 Flames. Perhaps someone will score on an empty netter?
    Besides, I hate those close ass 1 goal games.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”

My Ride
    MDX

Fucking shorthanded goal!!! 2-1 Wild.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

fucking hell.

My Ride
    MDX

Fucking Ference Who would really want to play even strength when they are down 2-1

My Ride
    impreza

Who would want to shoot the puck in the last 17 mins of the game? 4 shots in the 3rd period, 2 were in the first 2 mins.

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

Page 212 of 324 FirstFirst ... 202 211 212 213 222 ... LastLast