Quantcast
Bell Expressview???? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bell Expressview????

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

Default Bell Expressview????

I'm trying to buy the HD PVR (model 9220) from Bell but I can't find it anywhere in the city. Apparently, Bell is shorting them until at least November!

Does anyone know anything about this or know where I can get the system?

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I was at Market Mall and the sales guy told me it's a 2-3 month wait. Not sure if he's feeding me BS. I got the 6120 instead and it should be installed in 2 weeks.

My Ride
    A Honda Product!

well good luck with it when u get it!

My Ride
    Sentra

cool
    didnt know bell had an hd pvr

My Ride

Originally posted by GoChris
    cool
    didnt know bell had an hd pvr
    Here it is:

http://www.bell.ca/shop/en_CA_AB/62129.details

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Bell is just renting them, not selling them now. There is HUGE demand for these suckers, sadly, they were poorly designed. The new 2006 model is due out soon. Expect to see it in stores early to mid November. Bell is NOT purchasing anymore 2005 models for inventory, and this is why you are not seeing them on the shelves ANYWHERE.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Poorly designed? How so? I have 3 of them and they're awesome, a few flaws, but definately the best Bell receiver out there, and I've used 'em all.

Bell uses hardware from Echostar, the 942 (which is the US dish network version of the 9200) is the latest HD PVR available till MPEG4 version comes out. Since Bell is not moving to MPEG4 anytime soon, there will NOT be a new HD-PVR. The 92xx will be the only HD-PVR until Bell is ready to migrate to MPEG4.

There are a few ways to get the 9200. Buy a 9220 (kits for new customers) through a friend's name. Get them to register through PRISM, then call Bell, say it's a gift, they'll gladly activate it. The 9200 and 9220 are EXACTLY the same, except the 9200 has a yellow sticker on it that says "FOR EXISTING CUSTOMERS ONLY". It even has the dish, LNB, multiswitch packed inside the box even though existing customers generally don't need it.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

I'll find out more tomorrow when I goto work.

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

Rage, just ask Francis (red Lexis IS300) about the Expressvu HD PVR. I work with him now, he's the one that informed me of the problems and delays.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

He reads here, get him to post .

I have 3 of them, they all work great. Small complaints (2 day guide, and crash when resolving conflicts). Other than that I've had zero problems with it.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    My poor half working baby...

Originally posted by Fluidic
    I'll find out more tomorrow when I goto work.

Not problems dude - I never said that - I said availability was bad and communication with Bell on that aspect was bad.

As far as we've been able to tell based on the timeline of supply the last few weeks and word out of other Bell retailers is that there is no retail stock and Bell is renting them because we THINK they're going to launch a newer version at the Bell show in a few weeks time.

The worst thing that I've seen on a PVR for problems is being stacked on top of a receiver and right under a shelf with no room to breathe. Remotes have also been a bit of an issue with being more fragile than others when dropped, but otherwise a well performing unit.
    Last edited by 1Avatar; 10-07-2005 at 11:04 AM.

My Ride
    APR Audi S4

My bad

My Ride

Thanks for the update guys. When will the new system be announced and/or available?

My Ride
    My poor half working baby...

Originally posted by RC-Cola
    Thanks for the update guys. When will the new system be announced and/or available?
    You can get lucky at some Bell stores and purchase them, but the majority of outlets only rent them out now.

As for availability on the newer model, as I said, it's speculation just because of how supply dried up and Bell is supposed to host an unveiling in the next month or so. Whether it's new services being unveiled or new products, can't be sure, best form of information is actually Bell's website. It's usually posted there even before product is available.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

There's no new HD PVR for Dish Network, so there's no new HD PVR for Bell. Echostar is not going to do a model just for Bell, the market is way too small. Like I said, the next new HD PVR model coming out from Echostar is the MPEG4 version, it's nowhere near being done. Dish Network has not announced MPEG4 plans, nor have they even shown prototypes of the MPEG4 HD PVR.

When the 921 came out (the first Dish Network HD PVR) it was demo'd 2 years before release. This one was so buggy Bell didn't even carry it. The 2nd generation 942 (our 9200) was demo'd a full year before release.

So ya, no new model HD PVR from Bell .