Quantcast
Programming an AutoMate Alarm for a Crimestopper Remote Starter - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Programming an AutoMate Alarm for a Crimestopper Remote Starter

My Ride
    2002 Saturn SL2

Question Programming an AutoMate Alarm for a Crimestopper Remote Starter

The Alarm system is an Auto Mate 425. The Remote Starter is a TechWeb, and according to their website the RS901 is their add-on module for existing Remote Entry/Car Alarms. Since the Auto Mate 425 is still there and I am still using the same remotes as when I took the car home from the dealer, I must have the RS901.

That leaves me with...How do I program my Auto Mate remotes to start the TechWeb (crimestopper) RS901?

Last week I had to get a new battery, ever since my Remote Starter won't work. I have a 2002 Sarurn SL2 (Manual) that did not come from the factory with power door locks, so when I bought the car I had them put in with an AUTO MATE alarm system. Then in december of 2003 a friend of a friend put in a remote starter for me utilizing the existing remotes. The car works fine, and the alarm and remote door locks still work. I've figured out that it I most likely need to reprogram the remotes for the remote starter (he had programed it so that the Lock & Unlock together started the car).

-JasonMK

Pushing both buttons on the AutoMate should send a ground pulse out on the White/Blue wire.
    Because the arm and disarm buttons are working I do not think the problem is programming.
    I think you should check the switch for the remote start, or see if the hood switch is grounded.
    The starter may have to be reset, I am not sure about the RS901.

My Ride
    2002 Saturn SL2

That's a helpful suggestion...So you think that i might not need to reprogram the remotes but "reset" the starter? I did not install it, so other than what i can see by looking under the dash I don't know much about the wiring (although I do know the w/b wire connects to the green from the starter).

This might be a simple question for the rest of you, but how would i check to see if the hood switch is grounded?

Thanks in advance,

-JasonMK

Look under the hood for the switch. Check the wire color.
    With a voltmeter, check that wire at the remote starter for ground when the hood is up. Check to make sure the ground disappears when the hood is closed.

My Ride
    2002 Saturn SL2

...it ended up being a blown fuse. The way the wires were all wrapped up under the dash I coudn't find this one initially...

But for those of you out there who also need to program an Automote 425 to work with a remote starter here is what I found:

1. Open drivers door (leave open)
    2. Turn the key to the ON position
    3. Press and release the valet button 5 times
    4. Press and hold it one more time
    5. [your alarm light should now flash 5x and then 3x indicating that you have pressed it five times to access the 3rd channel)
    6. Now it's ready to leanr your remote, press the button (on the remote) while still holding the valet buton.
    7. You should here a beep/chirp to confirm programming has been successful.

-JasonMK