Quantcast
Calgary Police Service, sorry, we can't help you. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Calgary Police Service, sorry, we can't help you.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by rage2
    Rule of thumb... ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS report hit and runs, even if you have only 3rd party insurance. I've heard many times where someone gets nailed for hit and run, they do nothing about it, and the guilty party files a hit and run report and YOU get in shit for it. By not filling out a police report immediately, you will be under more suspicion, and things can get messy.
    It looks like it's going to be a battle for me too.

My Ride
    Ram

dude that fucking blows

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Originally posted by vietdood
    you're accident happened on the 29th. you must immediately file a police report and contact you're insurance company to let them know of your situation. reporting 2 weeks after an accident will sound fishy to anyone

hopefully it all works out.
    if its a single party incident there doesnt have to be an insurence company contact

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    Model S

Haha next time youre in there say, so if I witness a murder, should I just keep my mouth shut and not report it? I dont want you guys to show up to the scene and say "wow, it was obviously you that killed him! or shit, if an old man falls down some stairs and cant get up, you better not call anyone for help or youll get in trouble for pushing him!"

Frankly I dont give a damn if 9 reports out of 10 are scammers or who they had to deal with that day. If they can park in a van on the side of the road and bring in tens of thousands a dollars a day, they can deal with these issues properly too.

My Ride

No doubt. That's profiling if I ever saw itl.

Since when was "innocent until proven guilty" abolished?

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i think part of the reason they threaten you with tickets is probably to see if you'll slip or if you stick tight to your story... coming back from a roadtrip in the states 2 summers ago, i couldnt find my insurance slip going over the boarder, and for 2 hours till my insurance faxed them the papers, they were trying to talk me into believing i stole my own car at the end of the day, even if they give you a ticket you can still apeal it, and i'm sure with all your evidence that any judge will see things your way. good luck anyways

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by googe
    Haha next time youre in there say, so if I witness a murder, should I just keep my mouth shut and not report it? I dont want you guys to show up to the scene and say "wow, it was obviously you that killed him! or shit, if an old man falls down some stairs and cant get up, you better not call anyone for help or youll get in trouble for pushing him!"
    If you report a murder or any other crime, you'd be a suspect until they can eliminate you as a suspect. I reported an arson before (saw a dumpster at edworthy park at 3am in a ball of fire), waited for the firemen to show up, and the cops came and questioned me. Asked me a shitload of questions about me. Apparantly, arsonists like to watch their own shit burn.
    Originally posted by A790
    Since when was "innocent until proven guilty" abolished?
    He's still innocent. He's not in jail. He has no charges against him, nor has he been to court. Cops are just doing their jobs trying to figure out the truth.

You wanna see where innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply? Try dealing with the tax police (CCRA) hehe.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by rage2

If you report a murder or any other crime, you'd be a suspect until they can eliminate you as a suspect. I reported an arson before (saw a dumpster at edworthy park at 3am in a ball of fire), waited for the firemen to show up, and the cops came and questioned me. Asked me a shitload of questions about me. Apparantly, arsonists like to watch their own shit burn.

He's still innocent. He's not in jail. He has no charges against him, nor has he been to court. Cops are just doing their jobs trying to figure out the truth.

You wanna see where innocent until proven guilty doesn't apply? Try dealing with the tax police (CCRA) hehe.
    Thats a bit different. Its perfectly fine if they investigate and question you. If they show up and ask questions in order to determine if you started the fire, cool, but if they show up and say "you started this! we know it was you!" repeatedly, thats lame.

My Ride

Originally posted by googe

Thats a bit different. Its perfectly fine if they investigate and question you. If they show up and ask questions in order to determine if you started the fire, cool, but if they show up and say "you started this! we know it was you!" repeatedly, thats lame.
    That's not policing. Instead of calling them Police Officers, we might as well call the the Gestapo. It felt like the secret police, honestly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2