Quantcast
Did they have the right to fire me?? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Did they have the right to fire me??

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Tyler883

I hope he takes this suit all the way, if not for himself, he should do it for all the employees that have been fired from these kinds of jobs.
    Why, he's not unionized, why should he go through the expense and aggrivation to fight for something he may not truly like. If this was a high paying career job, I could maybe understand, but I mean come on. Do you think buddy who gets canned from McDonalds for slinging discounted Big Macs is gonna fight for his fry flushin homies? Nope, cant see that happening, he's just gonna waltz on over to Burger King, or maybe try his hand at being a Sandwich artist.
    Travel

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Originally posted by Ben

Why, he's not unionized, why should he go through the expense and aggrivation to fight for something he may not truly like. If this was a high paying career job, I could maybe understand, but I mean come on. Do you think buddy who gets canned from McDonalds for slinging discounted Big Macs is gonna fight for his fry flushin homies? Nope, cant see that happening, he's just gonna waltz on over to Burger King, or maybe try his hand at being a Sandwich artist.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Future Shop and Best Buy are owned by the same company. I'm pretty sure they share HR info.
    they do.. if you worked at one and apply at the other. they will call your old manager for a reference.

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

yea i right after i got fired from best buy i went and saw my buddie at future shop. when i told him what happen his said no dice. and as for them not liking me its not true. My friends from work called and told me that they didnt want to let me go. either of the managers that were there. it was the Gm that said its the best thing to do.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by LudeRoca
    yea i right after i got fired from best buy i went and saw my buddie at future shop. when i told him what happen his said no dice. and as for them not liking me its not true. My friends from work called and told me that they didnt want to let me go. either of the managers that were there. it was the Gm that said its the best thing to do.
    If that's the case, the employee discount must be abused a lot that you're being made an example out of.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Once he buys the TV...... its HIS tv.... who cares what he does with it????

Its his property!

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

Originally posted by natejj
    Once he buys the TV...... its HIS tv.... who cares what he does with it????

Its his property!
    u'd think so. but thats not the case. They told me what i did was the same as stealing.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Maybe your cousin was pissed off at you for always calling her "cuzin."

haha seriously though, everyone abuses staff pricing. Fuck, I don't even work there and I've gotten soooooo much shit there at staff price from like 8 different people. The trick is to keep your mouf shut. Your cuuuzn' really fucked up.

My Ride
    335i

I'd fire you too. Buying a discounted TV and selling it to someone else is immoral.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

u'd think so. but thats not the case. They told me what i did was the same as stealing.

No it isn't. You are too busy listening to some fuckup 25 year old manager with a receding hairline who never gets laid.

My Ride
    Bicycle

What's your discount? Cost +5%?

My Ride
    FOR SALE: 02EP3

if they already filed the termination papers you are fucked, work at futureshop :p sorry

My Ride
    Model S

I agree with Xtrema in that if it was the GM they are trying to make an example of you. EVERYONE abuses staff pricing, Im sure they dont like it and are trying to curb it. This was their chance.

But another reason you might want to fight the decision, depending how long you have been there, is simply to clear your name and employment record. No future employer wants to find out that youve been fired for abusing your benefits. If you win a suit against them or get an apology letter or something, then at least youll be able to back up what you say.

Theyre trying to make an example of you. If you have the time and resources, I say make an example out of THEM
    Last edited by googe; 10-15-2005 at 01:58 AM.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

ok so WTF. lets say i work at futureshop, buy something at employee cost and 2 months later i decide to upgrade and sell it... is that theft according to those bright individuals that fired you because i got more of my money back than normal people would??? to me it sounds like whatever your cousin told them, that must have thrown a bigger monkey wrench in your shit that you thought...something that just came out wrong like "he bought it and then he gave it to us to use"; i would definately pursue this further, not so you can work there again, but so you get your severence package like you're supposed to. its hard to top this story with another from the pile of retarded shit you have to put up with every day. i really hope you get something back from this coz that's garbage

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

from their view if you staff anything it cannot be sold. I would be great to get something from these prick but whatever. Im just goin to find a different job. but thanks for your guys inputs.

he IS allowed to buy the present and give it away as a gift though, and if you're giving them a gift of a tv for them being so generous for letting you stay i dont see the big fucking problem.

where i do see the problem is your cousin trying to get a free brand new tv because of a scratch. if he didnt do that, youd have a job.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

I agree with those that say you have a case. It's obviously bullshit cuz you did nothing wrong, and if you explain it clearly they can't prove otherwise.

However, I also agree that it's pretty pointless to fight over it. Taking them to court is a waste of time and money, and it's over a $9/hr job. Apply elsewhere and make more money.

I don't know if it might affect your future jobs if they want a reference however, so that's something to consider. If it doesn't make a difference and you're fighting simply just to get your job back, I say fuhgeddaboudit.

luderoca, if this happened fairly rcently id just go in, talk to the manager, say it wasnt a payment for rent, say it was just a present for them being so generous for allowing you to stay. tell him to print up the rules for staff purchase, it explicitly says you are allowed to buy merchandise as presents
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

fuck best buy.

wuz it tony who fired you? he called me a paki iin the backroom and then fired me.

I got into a car accident the day b4, and could'nt make it 2 work, so he calls me 2hrs after start of my shift and asked me where i am, im like i'm in an accident talkin 2 cops rite now call me later or i'll call u. So i goto work the next day he's like u shoulda called if u could'nt come in under ne circumstance....i'm like well i had larger things on my mind, after some excitement on his part and mine....he called me a "thankless paki" and fired me.

I'm sure u can buy things for familly members, i've done it thru managers b4 for my cousins, no problems. I dunno wuts up their asses.

further more

fuck bestbuy.

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

haha thats an interesting story but tony isnt the manager there anymore. Its some fag named Dave, whose tryin to prove himself to others.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast