Quantcast
Murderer Turned Himself In - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Murderer Turned Himself In

My Ride
    1990 HB Civic

I knew them both...chilled alot with mike/casey in highschool...If i could trade in ever meeting casey to bring mike back i would. Mike was awsome friend that you could always look to. Anyone starting rumours or bullshit negative stories u hear about the situation dun beleive them cuz i know mike was smart enough not to ever put his life in danger..thats why it had to be a friend..fucked up story gave me chillZ....RIP Mike.

"How many brothers fall victim to tha streetz/RIP young NuGGuH/Theres heaven 4 a G!!/"
    Last edited by CiviCNaTioN-S!; 10-26-2005 at 02:52 PM.
    "I May die like the rest but I rode with the Best"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Last edited by Cos; 12-28-2016 at 01:44 PM.
    Originally posted by adam c

Line goes up, line goes down, line does squiggly things and fucks Alberta
    "The stone age didn't end because we ran out of stones"

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Wow, crazy.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

From the original 2005 case, 56 blows, mainly to the back of his head with a meat cleaver and they guy pleads self defense and gets convicted of manslaughter.

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^ I feel terrible for the last remaining brother.
    Selma Alem sought protection against son in weeks before Coventry Hills killings

Emanuel Kahsai charged in deaths of mother and another woman, Julie Tran, in northeast Calgary home

CBC News Posted: Nov 13, 2015 10:25 AM MT Last Updated: Nov 14, 2015 10:21 AM MT

Selma Alem's relationship with her son had been fraught since her other child was murdered 10 years earlier, but she felt so scared of him in the last five months of her life that she repeatedly sought emergency protection orders (EPO), according to court documents obtained by the CBC.

Emanuel Kahsai, 30, was arrested Friday morning and later charged with first-degree murder in the death of Alem, 54, and second-degree murder in the death of Julie Tran, 25, whose bodies were discovered in Alem's home in Calgary's Coventry Hills neighbourhood on Oct. 19.

Alem worked as a caregiver for Tran and another person in the home, according to police.

In seeking the emergency protection orders, which would make it illegal for Kahsai to come within 500 metres of his mother, Alem told the judge that her son was "angry with the whole world."

"It's been bad always, like, the last 10 years. His brother was killed and after that he just angry, drinking," Alem told the judge.

In 2005, Alem's other son, Michael Kahsai, was killed with a meat cleaver in a Forest Lawn home. Another Calgary man was convicted of manslaughter and sentenced to seven years in prison.

Alem was first granted an emergency protection order on June 9 but had a "change of heart" because she felt sorry that her son was sleeping in a car — so she dropped it in August, according to court documents.

She requested another emergency order in September, when she told the judge her son was drinking, doing drugs and calling her offensive names.

He broke several windows at her home and even threatened to kill her, she told court.

Alem told a judge that she feared her son would either kill himself or harm her.

A Court of Queen's Bench judge upheld the order as recently as Oct. 8 — less than two weeks before the day that Alem and Tran are believed to have been killed.

At that time, Kahsai was under an order not to be within 500 metres of his mother.

Kahsai had also been charged with threatening Alem just days before her death.

Kahsai was supposed to appear in a Calgary courtroom Friday morning on three charges each of assault with a weapon and uttering threats. Between May 22 and Oct. 16, he is alleged to have threatened his mother and two others, including another family member.

However, he was excused from the court appearance because he was at police headquarters being questioned in the women's killings.

Women killed up to 2 days before bodies discovered

On Friday afternoon, homicide detectives brought Kahsai into the arrest processing unit and later formally charged him in connection with the deaths.

Police believe the women were killed up to 48 hours before their bodies were found.

A close family friend said Alem's sister was visiting from Eritrea the week before her death but left because she was scared of her nephew.

Officers discovered the women's bodies at a home in the 200 block of Coventry Close N.E. after Alem's friend was unable to contact her and asked police to check on her welfare.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Originally posted by Cos
    ^^ I feel terrible for the last remaining brother.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3