Quantcast
ASAP help ASAP help>>will bad wheel bearing make wheel fall off???? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: ASAP help ASAP help>>will bad wheel bearing make wheel fall off????

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Default ASAP help ASAP help>>will bad wheel bearing make wheel fall off????

i've been complaining about front wheel bearing problems to my dealer and at the 10000km checkup (TWO DAYS AGO) and asked them to look at it again and to do an alignment for me. they did all that and acording to them the wheel bearing is fine. well yeasterday morning on the way from work, after i dropped my buddy off i noticed that i had lost 2 studs, 2 were about to come off and one was actually holding the wheel. i quickly tried to tighten them but the one lug that was jammed and actually holding the wheel broke off as soon as i turned it. so with 2 good studs and one borrowed from the back wheels, i slowly started putting my way to the dealershit coz i knew this isnt right...i have no bent rim, wheel is balanced and was tightened correctly so there is no reason for it to keep coming loose. well on the way there my remaining wheel studs shatter off just as i am pulling on the side of the road to call a tow truck coz the noise is getting too bad...lucky for me i was going super slow and already almost stopped when it fell off, so i didnt scrape thanks to the tire pushing up against the fender. i tow the son of a bitch to them and they give me handfulls of reasons why that could have happenend, insisting that they checked my suspension and it was absolutely fine. so i say fuck it and order another hub with all 5 studs and ask them to drop it in real quick.... well the bastards screwed me over and eventually told me they couldnt get to it yeasterday. after bitching out the service chick she talked to someone and they started working on it before hours this morning. THE TECH CALLS ME AS SOON AS HE STARTS WORKING ON THE CAR, TELLING ME THAT MY BEARING IS DESTROYED AND IF I DONT CHANGE IT I'LL BE BACK THERE IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!! so i got him to replace it, and i'm getting ready to grab my parents and going down to start a shitshow now, because that's my fuckin safety man, and if i was going at high highway speeds like i always do i could have been freakin dead now, wrapped around a light post. i just wanted to confirm with you guys that a faulty wheel bearing could have enough play to make enough vibration to slowly loosen the wheel off. please tell me this is true, because they're obviously trying to screw me

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

well the service guy called me and told me that they tried all morning and the new bearing they put on still makes noise so he's not sure wether the bad bearing caused this from being on for a while, or maybe if the bearing and hub were originally screwed up but he says it was a mess.. they're waiting till monday to get a couple new bearings in to make sure it wasnt a problem with the one they were using. this will definately help me i think because it proves their negligence in originally diagnosing the problem and letting it get worse to the point that it did...i still havent found any article online saying for sure that bad bearings cause wheel shaking and wheels to come off, but most of the car troubleshooting guides say that a shaky steering wheel and clicking from your wheel are signs of bearing dying. so the shaking from the bearing, IMO, cause this...please someone confirm this. till i am 100% sure i'm still gonna worry in my head that they will try to weasel out of this

My Ride
    QX80,SL600, Utopia 205SE

Give me a call when you get a chance.

I think the reason was the excess hp from the bumper.

HP>bearings.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Bent spindles can mess up wheel bearings...but any mechanic could tell you that.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by Phuqu
    Give me a call when you get a chance.

I think the reason was the excess hp from the bumper.

HP>bearings.

maaaaaaan! and i told those guys on srt4oa that you used the typeS paint but they just laughed

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

BUMP