Quantcast
Looking to get some more weight and alot more of my muscle back - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Looking to get some more weight and alot more of my muscle back

Default Looking to get some more weight and alot more of my muscle back

Hey all, so I stopped working out for a year and basically did nothing for that whole time, so I've lost alot of muscle and lost weight aswell.

I was talking to some people about this before and they suggested I get some Muscle Juice and Creatine. And then start going to the gym every second day working out again.

I plan on picking up a 13lb tub of Muscle Juice at PopEyes aswell as some Creatine tomorrow.

Is there anything else I should look into getting or does anyoen got anything to suggest for me?

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

The problem isn't what you are taking in, the problem is that you haven't been working out.

Sure the muscle juice will give you some protein, and the creatine will give your muscles some quick fuel energy, but I guarantee you the thing you'll hear most from the replys on this thread will be WORKOUT HARD and EAT LOTS.

Just be patient man, find a good routine, stick to it, and push yourself. You'll see yourself making some solid gains and just build off of it.

One more tip, set a 8 week goal of where you want to be. This way instead of looking at your progress daily and hardly noticing anything, you'll see your results after a good amount of time and it'll show you how much your hard work has paid off.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I eat lots already and yah I will workout hard once I get everything and hitup the gym. My buddies are already on their 8 week program, I'm like a week and a half behind them or so I think but thats ok.

My Ride
    Impreza RS

Man.... it doesn't matter what supplements you're taking. Supplements are just a synthetic version of the real thing. Eat lotsa meat protein, hit the gym, and you'll be good to go
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

I do eat lots of meat protein, but I also run around with alot of energy and burn alot of it off, which is why I'm going to try supplements w/ my eating and hit the gym.

My Ride
    1993 Acura Integra GS-R

I'm on my first month regiment and with my workout I get my carbs, protein from eating natural products, such as chicken, beef, tuna, peanut butter and plenty of greens.

My goal is to aim for longer sustainiing power in the long run. Basically high reps and low weights, by the time I get to curl 40lbs dumbells, I would do more reps than other guys do (8-10 reps per arm) at the gym. Protien supplements are fine when your on the go, but ever since I get my protiens and nurtients from everyday healthy food choices, I have felt great and my body has increase in strength 25 percent within the first month. Although if your looking to boost up quick and get right in it, than by all means eat lots and hit hard at the gym, but if you want to be a sleeper guy like me who look like I cant even bench 135lbs, but can bench just as much as 200 pounder guys out there, then go HIGH REPS AND LOW WEIGHTS! You will increase your stamina and longer lasting power.

Last edited by silva27; 10-17-2005 at 11:58 AM.

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Originally posted by silva27
    I'm on my first month regiment and with my workout I get my carbs, protein from eating natural products, such as chicken, beef, tuna, peanut butter and plenty of greens.

My goal is to aim for longer sustainiing power in the long run. Basically high reps and low weights, by the time I get to curl 40lbs dumbells, I would do more reps than other guys do (8-10 reps per arm) at the gym. Protien supplements are fine when your on the go, but ever since I get my protiens and nurtients from everyday healthy food choices, I have felt great and my body has increase in strength 25 percent within the first month. Although if your looking to boost up quick and get right in it, than by all means eat lots and hit hard at the gym, but if you want to be a sleeper guy like me who look like I cant even bench 135lbs, but can bench just as much as 200 pounder guys out there, then go HIGH REPS AND LOW WEIGHTS! You will increase your stamina and longer lasting power.

All you're going to accomplish with a routine like that is increasing your cortisol levels a couple times fold. Your cadiovascular system will strengthen but you will eventually catabolize enough muscle tissue that it will more than likely off set it unless you decrease the weight you're working with drasticly.

For strength and explosive power you want low reps, heavy weight focusing on compound movements like bench, deadlift, squat, etc. A 'high rep' work out scheme should top out at no more than 10-12 reps per set, more than that and you'll just be aggrivating cortisol release and things become counter productive. Some people like to do a burn out set as their very last set in which you do 20-30 reps of a compound movement which is probably ok if you keep it to your last set only. The biggest myth in bodybuilding is more sets and more reps = more gains. Less is more, quality and strict reps over quantity.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

I'm not an expert on this, but "lots" is a relative term. If you are burning up the protien as energy, then you might not be eating enough food.

Originally posted by Tyler883
    I'm not an expert on this, but "lots" is a relative term. If you are burning up the protien as energy, then you might not be eating enough food.
    You've got two concepts confused bro eating more will only help to a point, that won't prevent excess cortisol release during long periods of excersize.

Originally posted by silva27

ye, seems like you have everything reversed, if you wanna look sleeper shouldn't you be doing heavy weights and low reps to gain strength? more reps and low weights is for toning am i right? hence why some girls do such low weights when they workout when it's more likley that they can lift heavier.

i can practically testify to this cuz one of my best friends, back in highschool, when he worked out for football, that's what he mostly did, heavy weights and low reps, he looked big, but not ripped.
    Mercs

Originally posted by mdeleon

ye, seems like you have everything reversed, if you wanna look sleeper shouldn't you be doing heavy weights and low reps to gain strength? more reps and low weights is for toning am i right? hence why some girls do such low weights when they workout when it's more likley that they can lift heavier.

i can practically testify to this cuz one of my best friends, back in highschool, when he worked out for football, that's what he mostly did, heavy weights and low reps, he looked big, but not ripped.
    some women use light weight and high reps because they're lazy and don't know how to train dont get me started lol

^^^hahaha. that's true hahaha
    Mercs