Quantcast
Eliminate Smoking Pads from Schools? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eliminate Smoking Pads from Schools?

Default Eliminate Smoking Pads from Schools?

Or just give the underage highschool kids tickets for owning a tobaco product
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    240sx, 1991 Supra mk3 tt, 4-speed 93 Benz 320e

Alberta got rid of those a couple years ago, I remember people werent too happy when they took away our "smoke pit"

My Ride
    2007 subaru impreza

Eh, keep the smokepit. If people want to smoke then let them. I hate smoking, but i'd rather have my friends smoke there than around me.

Edit: just read zoom_zoom's post, we still have one at central. I guess its not a designated area though - just where all the smokers go?

Kids will smoke wiether its allowed on the schools grounds or not. I did, either around the back during breaks or accross the street. The real way to do it is give them tickets if they are underage. No record or nothing just a instant $50. After they keep asking momey and daddy for $50 here and there questions will be asked.

My Ride
    335i

Kids will smoke regardless. Giving them an allocated smoking pit that is safe and near the school sure beats forcing them to walk off grounds to have the cigarette.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

you'll just have scattered kids around the campus smoking, and wasted resources picking them off and punishing them. keep a designated spot away from enterances, and if you dont want to get cancer done walk there.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Kids will smoke regardless. Giving them an allocated smoking pit that is safe and near the school sure beats forcing them to walk off grounds to have the cigarette.
    We had one and all was dandy, then when they closed, we had a problem, people would go smoke on the streets across from the school, at the church across the street, cigarette butts ended up everywhere, get it, you werent allowed to smoke in your car with the windows up in the parking lot anymore

hrmm bowness had a smoking pad didn't know it was called a smokin pad we just called it smoke doors, even all the teachers called it that first it was smoke only there, than smoke there but 2 meters away from the doors, than it was smoke near the fence!!!

our school constable didn't even care we smoked juss he asked out of courtesy that when he came near to put out the cigarette or he would give you a ticket.

My Ride
    Red with stripes and a shitbox truck

At Churchill there's still a smoke pad. We just call it the smoke doors. If they give anyone shit about it, who gives a fuck, they just go smoke across the street in front of the Mac's.

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

My Ride
    FA20

Ya at obyrne they also had the smoking doors. But you could pretty much smoke anywhere around the school since it was right in the middle of a shopping centre

i say bring the ticket thing back in
    they'll have to pay it all when they wanna grab their license anyways

oh well, we're all past that age, so i could care less if they took the pads or watever away

My Ride
    I like. :)

Please keep smoking kids, it's good for you.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

I can think of more entertaining ways to kill myself than smoking...

It's dumber than drinking and driving.

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

I work at the City, and apparently, they're looking at 2007 or 2008, and having an anti-smoking police indoors period.. they passed the no smoking bylaw a couple years ago, so that any place that is accessible to minors cant have smoking indoors... moxies and earls got away with it by building a smoking room... but the new bylaw aparently will prohibit smoking period indoors... not just for places that are potential for minors. It's just the general "people at risk" thing I guess... it's not passed yet, but that's what they're looking at.. imagine going to say, Cherry Lounge on a Friday night.. and everyone is outside smoking. *L*

I guess that's bad news for all the smoker folks.. and good news for the people that go to the pubs, bars and clubs that dont smoke...

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

Its a double edge blade... if they get rid of smoking places in schools then there will be an increase in butts/traffic (human) in the neighbourhoods and adjoining stores and businesses. In effect people will smoke legal or illegal (people do drugs don't they?), just permit it in one place so it is safe and communal for both the smokers and the environment around them.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by Benny
    At Churchill there's still a smoke pad. We just call it the smoke doors. If they give anyone shit about it, who gives a fuck, they just go smoke across the street in front of the Mac's.
    Sorry to change the topic, but I graduated this year from Churchill and I noticed SIGNIFICANTLY less smokeres in my graduating year than my freshman year.

I thought this was especially true at my Jr.High School (which today baffelles me that anyone smoked at that age). When I was in grade 7, there was always a group of about 15 smokers across the street, when I was in grade 9, there was practically no one.

Anyone else notice this
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    I can think of more entertaining ways to kill myself than smoking...

It's dumber than drinking and driving.
    uhh hardly

I would like to have one at my school (Scarlett) just so I don't have to walk through a huge cloud of smoke everytime I want to get a slurpee or something
    HKS T04Z Bridgeport FD3S

My Ride
    1990 Skyline Gts-t

If central's got an unnofficial smoke pit I wish people would use it. Having people park infront of my driveway occasionally is bad enough the butts don't make living near the highschool anymore enjoyable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast