Quantcast
who works at the rigs??? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: who works at the rigs???

My Ride
    Unicycle

Question who works at the rigs???

hey can someone help me get a job at an oil rigs i prefer precission drilling

i been searching around but came up with nothing and i been wanting to work up in the rigs ....

so if there are some beyonders out there that works at the rigs is there anywasy you guys can give me a number i can call or somethign to send resume or sign up whatever... thanx...

please pm me if u have contacts or know that are hiring cause i would lie kto start working soon....

for the people wondering why i wanna work at the rigs soo bad just mind ur own business... it just has somethign to d oiwth finacial problems thanx...

My Ride
    Volvo, '84 764ti, '79 242GT

rigs rule...loved it this summer...

couple tips

try to get another company...although since weatherford bought out PD it might be different...

stay away from Brooks...everything is run like the 70's down there regarding safety etc

don't do drugs!!!

sorry i dont have many "contacts" per say to help you out

ciao
    VOLVO - not just a car, it's an addiction.
    Originally posted by rage2
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

My Ride
    G2 Gsr

just wonder what they paid when you work on the rigs....is it worth it or is the labour and long days a killer...

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

you make crazy money while working in a rig.....
    I think at least 60k a year if not more, but I could be wrong.....
    Unfortunately, I don't think I am physically fit to be a tool pusher or laying drilling pipes, so I better stick with my 'office' job

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride

if any of you have seen me...i am not a big guy...and i cant do it....

it's all mental if you have the right attitude you can do it...just put out and you will be fine...i weigh 160 pounds and i am almost 6'3....not big at all....

the hours can be long...longest i worked was 10 straight days of 16 hrs a day...

the wage is great...and its only going up because they need people to work rig because a lot of ppl (like me) are going to school to work oil related office jobs or not heavy labour oil field jobs...

its usually round 22 bucks an hour for first 8, then time and a half....plus sometimes bonuses...traval time extra...

it adds up

ciao
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

is it really that dangerous ..

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

No, just extremely long hours, heavy works and less than ideal working condition.

While I was in school, I heard stories about how rig people had to work in the middle of a winter storm up north (day and night) for hours just to reach to certain depth for geologist to analysis the drilled sample or to start oil/gas production and then move on to another location before falling behind schedule.

Had thought about being a tool pusher (right after grad from PET and before going into the U) but really, that kind of life style isnt what I had in mind, no matter how much I get paid,........so...

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride

Originally posted by lastprodigy
    is it really that dangerous ..
    if you arn't safe yeah...lots of places to lose fingers...plus handling kicks are fun too

they don't call snubing working the "bbq basket" for nothing

but if you are safe you'll be fine...most accidents that do happen are because of carelessness

ciao

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

Default Re: who works at the rigs???

check the phone book and dont have your heart set on precision... check out nabors and jacobs and what not as well... dont just fax in a resume or send it via email, acutaly walk in there with a piece of paper and fill out an application

the rigs were a blast... just remember, since winter is comming, pe prepared to wrok in temps that can be as low as -45. i know i hit -40 in the mountains last year on a precision and aslo on a nabors not far from burn timber... keep moving, even if your not really busy, just keep moving. keep your mind on your job, if you get tiredbring some kind of energy drink cause your gonna have some long hours (ou get used to it and its pretty easy)..

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

See if you can't get on as an MWD. You get paid a lot more, still long hours, but the work isn't nearly as labor intensive as working on a rig.

My Ride
    5.7L8, 4BANGA!

MWD?

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

mid west drilling (?)

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Monitoring While Drilling. Its for directional and horizontal drilling.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

im 5'11 145 and i can work on the rigs.
    i am at school right now but will be out there for christmas break and probably all summer.
    just be careful and be prepared to pull some crazy, and i mean crazy hours. it will be cold, it will be dirty, it will be loud, dont expect anything else.
    enjoy the reward of having a shit load of money too.

My Ride
    07 Avalanche LTZ

Actually it's measurement while drilling.

They have something in the Herald today about oil jobs and shit... Said the main problem was finding housing?

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

oh i forgot to mention they are looking like crazy right now!!!! so you should have no problem finding a company who needs people.

My Ride
    LX 5.0

Originally posted by cman
    im 5'11 145 and i can work on the rigs.
    i am at school right now but will be out there for christmas break and probably all summer.
    just be careful and be prepared to pull some crazy, and i mean crazy hours. it will be cold, it will be dirty, it will be loud, dont expect anything else.
    enjoy the reward of having a shit load of money too.
    Cman, in all honesty, I do not believe you will be doing the job of a roughneck or any other extremely physically demanding job while you are on the rigs. I think you will be learning the higher end jobs, as you are studying to be a petroleum engineer. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you may be misleading this guy...

I mean no harm by this ^

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

no i am working as a roughneck over the winter break.
    and over summer most likely either an office job as an assitant, or more field work.

My Ride
    LX 5.0

ahh, i am wrong. I thought you were not going into hardcore labour, my bad...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 ... LastLast