Quantcast
Does marijuana stimulate brain growth? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does marijuana stimulate brain growth?

Originally posted by googe
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cum_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

and your statement about it causing psychotic episodes is false. thats only been seen in cases with an underlying condition, and even then, chances are slim to none.

of course, its too much to ask to be able to have a reasonable debate on a controversial topic on beyond, so this is as good as
    You're right I'm sorry. Pot is good for you.

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by googe
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cum_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

and your statement about it causing psychotic episodes is false. thats only been seen in cases with an underlying condition, and even then, chances are slim to none.

of course, its too much to ask to be able to have a reasonable debate on a controversial topic on beyond, so this is as good as
    LMAO .......FALSE you say..then but "thats only been seen in cases......."with an underlying condition........."and even then chances are......"

umm false but with exceptions? hmmm doesnt sound false to me

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-04-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Cigarettes, alcohol, caffeine, etc.= millions of deaths

Marijuana= 0 deaths

kidding right???

except for fatal impaired driving car crashes, work related accidents, drug related suicides, cancers, asthma, lung disease, heart disease...

all caused by pot.

My Ride

Originally posted by D. Dub

kidding right???

except for fatal impaired driving car crashes, work related accidents, drug related suicides, cancers, asthma, lung disease, heart disease...

all caused by pot.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Marijuana= 0 deaths

But, through correlation:

Fast food causes obesity.
    Marijuana causes munchies.
    Therefore, marijuana causes obesity.

i feel dumber now that i read that reply

My Ride
    Model S

Marijuana= 0 deaths

dont waste your time dude. buddy doesnt have a clue. sure has a lot of false and unsubstantiated claims though!

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

seems like a lot of people in this thread are giving opinions, but only a few actually smoked pot more than a handful of times, and even fewer smoke "all the time". all this overanxiety, lack of motivation, brain-farts and memory lapses, IMO comes from simply not indulging in the drug enough... a couple years back i would have agreed with most people in this thread, but after all this casual use i can tell you i am one of those people that can smoke and go to work or school and function just fine. i can't contribute anything to the mental development argument, but everything else i think comes down to use... just like after having sex a few times you dont cum in 30 seconds anymore, after smoking for a while your brain chills the fuck out too

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by iceburns288

I can't wait till you think pot is great then t-bone my car at a stoplight doing 120km/h through a 60 zone.
    looool. i am yet to see one bad driver on weed. you obviously have a lot experience in this hehe, i hope that YOU crash and become one of those handicaped people who smoke weed all day to ease the pain

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Marijuana= 0 deaths

that's not a valid argument...

Marajuana causes munchies
    Munchies are subdued with fast food (not entirely true, but lets assume for a second it is)
    Marajunana causes one to eat fast food
    Fast food causes obesity
    Marajuana causes obesity

i smoke weed and that argument sucks, to be honest i hate the propaganda from both sides of the argument. i don't believe for a darn second that marajuana makes your smarter, it just doesnt. but nor do i believe that it makes people drive carelessly or lead them to do harder drugs. there is no middle ground in this argument...which is probably where the truth lies

until a see real scientific studies done by several governments all leading to more or less the same conclusions, not what some stoner found on the internet that quotes a study done by some unheard of swiss institute in 1979, then i will know what to believe...until then, i'll probably be high once or twice a week

oh and for all you people saying it causes accidents and drug related suicides...you seriously have no idea wtf youre talking about

My Ride

Originally posted by rice_eater
    seems like a lot of people in this thread are giving opinions, but only a few actually smoked pot more than a handful of times, and even fewer smoke "all the time". all this overanxiety, lack of motivation, brain-farts and memory lapses, IMO comes from simply not indulging in the drug enough... a couple years back i would have agreed with most people in this thread, but after all this casual use i can tell you i am one of those people that can smoke and go to work or school and function just fine. i can't contribute anything to the mental development argument, but everything else i think comes down to use... just like after having sex a few times you dont cum in 30 seconds anymore, after smoking for a while your brain chills the fuck out too
    your my hero

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

*exhaling*

What are we talking about again??
    ...@therealarifjina...

Originally posted by EK 2.0
    *exhaling*

What are we talking about again??
    filling my ignore list with hippies

Was the #1 Forum Warrior

Talking

OK fine I take back that $$ comment. But it really amazes me off when people say they're happy and successful and smoke dope everyday...it rarely happens that way. Think about how successful dingleb=nuts could be if they didn't smoke all the time?!?!?

Pot makes ya lazy and unmotivated, especially the extra potent stuff nowadays.

In fact there's new research out there that shows that today's pot may even induce psychotic episodes and even contribute to long term mental illness
    Pot doesn't make you lazy, i can write extra credit essays about the most boring things in history any they have to be 5 + pages and i cna write them and get FULL credit. i can drive while under the influence with ease and i've been pulled over (want the full story pm me), because of other reasons and i was BLAZED and the cops didn't know and i drove off w/o the cop thinking anything the cop would even be suspicious, i can pass all tests while high, like saying the alphabet backwards, and holding my right foot putting my left foot on 1 point, putting my left hand index finger on my nose and spin in a circle w/o losing balance, i can be the smartest kid in class, design the best websites in hours w/ PHP/HTML/MySQL while it takes others over a week so why do you gotta be tryin to slam us when i have proof that i can function completly perfect under the influence. In fact im really blazed right now, and im still able to keep a conversation w/o trailing off with my "attention span of a three year old", now lets hear you contradict that hoe, oh yah i do know that some people can't function im just saying don't rip on all pot smokers since most cna focus better. Like a test done in England they took 200 drivers 100 smoked before this test the other 100 didn't, the course they drove on was a winding deadly very hard course that needed all your concentration, now 50% of the "sober" people hit pylons, but only 20% of the smokers hit pylons, also the high kids went a little slower (only 4kmph slower, at 38kmph while the sober people were going at 42kmph). now doesn't this test just prove you wrong or are you still in denial.
    Legalize It

My Ride
    S/C 03 eclipse, 00 accord, 96 shadow, 06 TJ Sport

Originally posted by nvrsummerboards

Pot doesn't make you lazy, i can write extra credit essays about the most boring things in history any they have to be 5 + pages and i cna write them and get FULL credit. i can drive while under the influence with ease and i've been pulled over (want the full story pm me), because of other reasons and i was BLAZED and the cops didn't know and i drove off w/o the cop thinking anything the cop would even be suspicious, i can pass all tests while high, like saying the alphabet backwards, and holding my right foot putting my left foot on 1 point, putting my left hand index finger on my nose and spin in a circle w/o losing balance, i can be the smartest kid in class, design the best websites in hours w/ PHP/HTML/MySQL while it takes others over a week so why do you gotta be tryin to slam us when i have proof that i can function completly perfect under the influence. In fact im really blazed right now, and im still able to keep a conversation w/o trailing off with my "attention span of a three year old", now lets hear you contradict that hoe, oh yah i do know that some people can't function im just saying don't rip on all pot smokers since most cna focus better. Like a test done in England they took 200 drivers 100 smoked before this test the other 100 didn't, the course they drove on was a winding deadly very hard course that needed all your concentration, now 50% of the "sober" people hit pylons, but only 20% of the smokers hit pylons, also the high kids went a little slower (only 4kmph slower, at 38kmph while the sober people were going at 42kmph). now doesn't this test just prove you wrong or are you still in denial.
    Betcha in real life id outsmoke you then make you my bitch. Not kidding.

except for memory loss/capacity, reduced cognitive ability, reduced drive and motivation, lung damage, emphysema, lung cancer, mouth cancers, throat cancers and of course heart disease.
    Show me proof that someone, anyone, anywhere in the world, has died from lung cancer by just smoking marijuana (not cigarettes).

You won't be able to find it.

Originally posted by khtm

Show me proof that someone, anyone, anywhere in the world, has died from lung cancer by just smoking marijuana (not cigarettes).

You won't be able to find it.
    All smoke is carcinogenic by nature.........enough said.

Originally posted by nvrsummerboards

Well this rambling and barely coherent paragragh says otherwise

All smoke is carcinogenic by nature.........enough said.
    No, that's not "enough said". You said that marijuana causes lung cancer. If this was true, it should be easy to find ONE REPORTED CASE of someone dying from marijuana-induced lung cancer.

Let's see some facts, since you're obviously an expert.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast