Quantcast
Getting into Haskayne, (post-commerce)? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Getting into Haskayne, (post-commerce)?

Default Getting into Haskayne, (post-commerce)?

Decided not to go into it for the first year, didnt have the marks for the second year. So Im trying to complete my pre-commerce and then apply for the last two years at Haskayne (most likely in International Business), does anyone know what kind of grades were needed to get in this last year? Is it going to be worse next year, and so forth, or is it staying the same?

Thanks for any input.
    Originally posted by BlueGoblin
    I have been on the pointy end of a few sticks...

3.5 and above in 2003
    i dunno bout 04 or 05

My Ride
    Mazda RX-7 FC3S

You've got it all wrong. You can only apply to get into Haskayne in Year1 and Year3. You will need a 3.45 and all pre-requisite courses finished. I was with a friend when he went to talk to the Undergraduate Dean's office at Scurfield Hall, they guaranteed that the admission would not rise for the next couple years. I would suggest you go down and see them as well.

My Ride
    2020 Subaru Forester Sport

i got into haskayne doing the 3rd year transfer, which means you do year 3 and year 4 in haskayne. You need all your prerequisites like someone mentioned and I didn't think there was a garanteed mark to get it.

Last i saw is that they accept only 160 transfer students for 3rd year, and if ur marks aren't in the top 160 then u don't get in. I got in with a 3.6 and on my second last semester now, graduating in april. Its tought to get in but its so rewarding once your there (ofcourse if you can keep up with some harder classes like fnce, although they just changed that class and its not a cakewalk (not really but much easier)

It was 3.55 in 2004. This last year it went down to 3.0 but they've got a note up: "Please note that the decrease in averages for the Haskayne School of Business for Fall 2005 was due to an increase in funding received." I don't know if that means that the 2005 applicants got lucky and they just took more this year or if that'll happen again. I don't think I'd count on it, though.

http://www.ucalgary.ca/admissions/ad...teria_avg.html