...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    Another sad story.

I just don't get it.
    agreed...
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

This is very sad. I do agree that the laws are not strict enough though. I know many people with DUI's (sadly) who were able to buy there ways out of serious trouble in the court. One fucktard got his first dui, and during the grace (two month period or whatever you get to continue driving around before you lose your liscence for 6 months) he decided it was a great plan to drive around drunk as much as possible, he got a second dui. That was >a year ago, and I'm pretty sure I saw him driving around a couple months ago. If we're all as opposed to drunk driving as it sounds, why don't we seriously consider making the rules alot tougher. Six months jail time, One year jail time, something so severe that it honestly scares the piss out of people to drive drunk. Once a couple people end up in the slammer for extended periods I have a feeling the rate will seriously drop. Or we could Singapore on there asses (kidding). 1st offence-Loss of right hand (yeah drive 5spd now bitches), 2nd offence-loss of left hand (just try driving period), 3rd offence (if possible)- execution. But I definetly think it's time to put some harder punishments in place for those who choose to drive drunk. From what i've seen right now, the current punishments don't scare alot of people enough not to do it.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

RIP to the dead.

It's getting out of hand now, and theres no stopping.

My Ride
    MKV GTI

What are our DUI policies here in Calgary?

I wish they would adopt zero tolerance. There is no exscuse for drunk driving so why shouldn't the law take away the license permantly if you get caught? In my mind you can't accidently drink and drive.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

drinking age should be 21 here....to many imature kids driking and driving!

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    2010 GMC Sierra, Rocky ETSX-70

Originally posted by Ripper
    What are our DUI policies here in Calgary?

I wish they would adopt zero tolerance. There is no exscuse for drunk driving so why shouldn't the law take away the license permantly if you get caught? In my mind you can't accidently drink and drive.
    Agreed, we really need to crack down on DUI's. And I always wonder why my insurance is so high...

RIP to those people involved.

My Ride
    2002 BMW 325Ci

Originally posted by MIWYFSHOT

My Ride
    Summer: Turbo DC5 Winter: '89 Pontiac POS

lastnight was abad night, with halloween pub crawls, and the bars being packed, people driving when they should have taken cabs, saw lots of people pulled over comeing home from coyotes, and for the record i was in a cab

My Ride
    M3 Boosted, M70 325is, M52 325is, 327sbc 328is

Originally posted by Vypros
    Glad I didn't go to tims last night. a buddy of mine was driving home from night shift at the steel mill by race city and drove by tims, and he drives a cadillac seville . the cops towed his car because they said he was racing....lol.....cops are gonna be pissed once he shows them his time slip and gets his company to contact them with his allaby

And from what I heard these guys were at tim hortons last night and had participated in a couple of races. Someone said they were going to go from deerfoot south to deerfoot north, to see who the first person to get to deerfoot mall was. retarded.

Edit: I could be wrong, this is just all hearsay.
    Shitty about the caddy being towed
    I don't think anyone is dumb enough to or have quick enough cars out there (this time in the season) to do a deerfoot run.

I don't see how the accident is even close to the industrial area, the new ikea area by heritage is by blackfoot not barlow.
    The parties involved were most probably coming from a party. I doubt to many people would be out last nite considering all the parties being held.

RIP to the deceased.....

My Ride
    Faux X 4 Mall Crawler

Originally posted by qmf

Shitty about the caddy being towed
    I don't think anyone is dumb enough to or have quick enough cars out there (this time in the season) to do a deerfoot run.

I don't see how the accident is even close to the industrial area, the new ikea area by heritage is by blackfoot not barlow.
    The parties involved were most probably coming from a party. I doubt to many people would be out last nite considering all the parties being held.

RIP to the deceased.....
    the streetracers go down by bucks auto wrecker and race, its right by where the accident was
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

drove past there earlier and there are still car parts and police tape scattered....

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

What we need is what they have implemented in some norhtern European countries, like Estonia, Sweden, Finland, etc, where if you get caught behind the wheel even after a glass of wine, you get a hefty ticket and a "strike"

Second offence, revocation of license for a month and another "Strike."

Third offence, you lose your license for life, no appeals allowed. You lose it and THATS IT. Also, if you get caught with more than .08 or something, you lose your license for life on the spot.
    Geek

My Ride
    GTI

It said the 2 deceased were in their early 20's, it's likely that with a drinking age of 21 they'd still be dead.

The real problem is that there is not enough being done to catch drunk drivers or curb this street racing problem. There needs to be a safe free place for people to race their cars, with some kind of supervision.

Aren't the street races held at the same place every friday or saturday night? Why is this allowed to go on?

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

even though the last couple accidents have been in their 20's, this would stop what potentially could be alot more accidents.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

i understand that we will never be able to get everyone to not drink and drive, and that's not the end of the world, since after all most people do make it home just fine every time, positively reinforcing the idea in their head that they can keep doing it... sure keep doing it, but at least be smart about it. the smartest thing WOULD be to call a cab, but if you're stubborn and really wanna drive, at least be super slow about it, stay in your lane unless you absolutely have to and try to focus on the cars in front and follow what they're doing so sudden turns or stops dont take you by surprise. i let others drive if i'm wrecked, but if i only had a few drinks and maybe some weed that night, expect to see me in the slow lane, putting along on the way home, with not one close call ever! be smart people...be smart...

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

Originally posted by ecstasy_civic

even though the last couple accidents have been in their 20's, this would stop what potentially could be alot more accidents.
    hahaahaha....raising the limit wont to SHIT ALL. there are 16-17 yo girls at every bad every night... most highschool kids get shitfaced everyweekend and they are underage... like half of our city smokes pot and it's illegal... raising the age wont to crap

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

Originally posted by rice_eater
    i understand that we will never be able to get everyone to not drink and drive, and that's not the end of the world, since after all most people do make it home just fine every time, positively reinforcing the idea in their head that they can keep doing it... sure keep doing it, but at least be smart about it. the smartest thing WOULD be to call a cab, but if you're stubborn and really wanna drive, at least be super slow about it, stay in your lane unless you absolutely have to and try to focus on the cars in front and follow what they're doing so sudden turns or stops dont take you by surprise. i let others drive if i'm wrecked, but if i only had a few drinks and maybe some weed that night, expect to see me in the slow lane, putting along on the way home, with not one close call ever! be smart people...be smart...
    you are a stupid asshat , I can't believe you just said that shit you shouldn't have a licence. It is idiots like you that think they can drive with "a few drinks and some weed" and not be a danger on the road. Delude yourself about something that won't kill someone please

wtf is wrong with you....you are the type of person/attitude that kills our loved ones!!

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

OMG that is the dumbest shit Ive EVER read. your an IDIOT. i bet you money, that people whove died or been seriously hurt in these types of accidents are caused by people who think the same way you think. you retard. this is worthy enough to replace what i have on my sig...but its too long.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

+1 ban rice_eater....since beyond doesnt condone drinking and driving!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast