Quantcast
JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread. - Page 54 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1279

Thread: JAYMEZ' Importing from the States thread.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

It would be nice if there was a list of states which insist on you paying their sales tax.

I do know for a fact that if you have it shipped, you don't have to; I brought up a Sequoia from Cali a couple of years ago with no issue...

My Ride
    17 Tacoma trd OR

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

then you better read up
    hey thanks soo much for your help

Sorry to waist your time with dumb questions that are obviously ten levels below your master car importer status; it's apparent that you are busy with a fulfilling life based on your ability to provide timely, yet useless, responses to members looking to the beyond community for a suggestion or help.

Hope you don't have to wait around too long for the next dumb question.
    Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Also, if he donkey kicks, you donkey punch!

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by rizfarmer

hey thanks soo much for your help

Sorry to waist your time with dumb questions that are obviously ten levels below your master car importer status; it's apparent that you are busy with a fulfilling life based on your ability to provide timely, yet useless, responses to members looking to the beyond community for a suggestion or help.

Hope you don't have to wait around too long for the next dumb question.
    I gave you a straight forward answer and you questioned if i have imported from Cali? really? You are right about the master car importer status, so when a master give you an answer, listen. I have no problem sharing my experience but when some idiot is too lazy to even read whats already been said/answered, fuck off

Hey if you are too fucking lazy to look, dont come here and bitch about it. The info is here for all the see. Take some time to find what you need. here's a hint: IT'S IN THIS THREAD. . It took me 10 mins but i found it.

cheers

My Ride
    //M

Importing BMW's from the US is easy now, even E90's. No need to have a cluster change anymore as long as the cluster shows km/h and mp/h.
    See thread:
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360292

success story:
    M3
    http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373620
    335i
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377094
    Last edited by 911fever; 04-22-2010 at 12:27 AM.
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by 911fever
    bmw stuff
    That is pretty great news. I shouldnt have looked though now, too many nice 3-series in the states.
    For example:
    2009 BMW 335 i xDrive - $36,634

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Quick hassle saving tip:

If you want to avoid long lines at the DMV down here and you have a friend or family member that lives in the states and has an Auto Club card (triple A), they can take you to the Auto Club which has a DMV inside with NO LINES. This can literally save you up to 6 hours.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by Zephyr
    Quick hassle saving tip:

If you want to avoid long lines at the DMV down here and you have a friend or family member that lives in the states and has an Auto Club card (triple A), they can take you to the Auto Club which has a DMV inside with NO LINES. This can literally save you up to 6 hours.
    Thanks J, i'll call you when i need one

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

Thanks J, i'll call you when i need one
    haha I have a membership too hahaha, saved me so much time instead of being stuck at a DMV line for 12723649873467 hours because all the "certain" people trying to get ID cards

Stupid question (it may been answered 30pages ago, but that's a lot to read) - what happens if a friend drives up from the US and you decide to buy his car while he's here and he takes a plane back home. You've just evaded border GST....atleast I think you have

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

You can't register it without the RIV process.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So after further investigation, it does indeed appear that a private sale in Cali will let you avoid the tax. Just drive it outta the state.

I have been looking at the RIV site this morning, and found this statement in regards to importing BMWs:

BMW Canada informed Transport Canada that ALL modifications MUST be performed (and documented) by an authorized BMW Canada or MINI retailer and must be completed before a recall clearance letter can be issued by BMW Group Canada

Does this mean that one must now get the recall clearance letter in the USA? Or does this mean they will only give you the recall letter after their "modifications" but ONLY if you plan to transfer the warranty?

The process of importing is fairly simple. But obtaining proper information on variances is pretty tricky sometimes...

My Ride
    //M

That's BS. Check out posts further back from me, and you'll see that you don't have to do any recalls with BMW. Get the dealership in the US to issue you a Recall Clearance Letter, which is acceptable by RIV. Don't listen to their crap.

Originally posted by Kloubek
    So after further investigation, it does indeed appear that a private sale in Cali will let you avoid the tax. Just drive it outta the state.

I have been looking at the RIV site this morning, and found this statement in regards to importing BMWs:

BMW Canada informed Transport Canada that ALL modifications MUST be performed (and documented) by an authorized BMW Canada or MINI retailer and must be completed before a recall clearance letter can be issued by BMW Group Canada

Does this mean that one must now get the recall clearance letter in the USA? Or does this mean they will only give you the recall letter after their "modifications" but ONLY if you plan to transfer the warranty?

The process of importing is fairly simple. But obtaining proper information on variances is pretty tricky sometimes...
    Destroying anti-US trolls and idiots like broken_legs since 2009.
    Dallas, Texas

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

So, I just brought through a Vette last Monday.

The last time I brought across my Sequoia, I used a broked and had them ship it, etc. So this time around was interesting, and I learned a few things I will share.

First of all, the only REQUIRED documents are those already mentioned. But, they will probably ask for:

Any documentation regarding the funds you might have brought across the border with you. This includes anything from both Canada and US customs. Guess it turns out that when I left on the plane, I should have reported to Canada Customs that I was carrying over 10g in US funds. I did fill out the form with US customs at the Calgary airport, though I forgot to save this. They wanted to see all this on the Canada side when I brought the car across.

I came across the Sumas crossing. Don't be alarmed that it is all farmland to get there. It feels like you are in the middle of nowhere, but that's just the way it is.

When you get to the border, don't go straight to the Canada side. There should be a turn-off to get to the US side first. They need to clear the car before you bring it into Canada. I made this mistake, so the US side demanded I drive back around to the US side so they can do their stuff, then I drove it BACK into Canada. Extended my border stay for a good half hour.

The border would also like a copy of the ad you found to buy the car. Again, this is not required, but I think it helps back up how much you paid for it.

Your personal exemption amount (Somewhere around $400-$450 if you are there for 48 hours or more) applies to the purchase of the car. Unless, of course, you use it up with the booze and smokes you take with you.

Finally, the guard I talked to on the phone before arriving at the border was VERY insistent on my waiting the full required 72 hours. So unless you want to risk sleeping the night in a field with the cows, or a seedy border motel, I suggest you follow this requirement.

If buying from a private party, I would also advise the carfax to ensure no liens or salvage titles. It should also be written on their title if it exists.

Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use before posting again, or risk getting banned).

I'm getting a car on the sunday and the DMV wont be open is it possible for the seller to get me a transit permit

I believe when my dad bought in AZ, the seller did this for him to save the hassle of going to get one himself.

WOW

So i called Honda to get the recall and they told me it was deemed a total loss so they can't give me the recall. But the title says its clear WTF

My Ride
    06 EVO IX, 17 RAPTOR,13 JKRU, 18 TH Jeep

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    WOW

So i called Honda to get the recall and they told me it was deemed a total loss so they can't give me the recall. But the title says its clear WTF
    Is it a duplicate title? Does it match the original title issued/listed as per carfax or was another one issued (in this case, it might have been a salvage, then fixed up and inspected in another state, which may have issued a new (and clear) title)....

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by Jeremiah
    I'm getting a car on the sunday and the DMV wont be open is it possible for the seller to get me a transit permit
    If you are leaving the state right away, you might not want to bother. Besides that, some states (such as Cali) will not issue the permits to non-residents anyway.

That is really weird that the car is a total loss, but doesn't show up on the title. Either way, I'd back away from that deal...

Yup anything like that, I'd back away. Something isn't being disclosed and could run you issues when trying to get federal inspection here.

Page 54 of 64 FirstFirst ... 44 53 54 55 ... LastLast