Quantcast
Loosing Weight - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loosing Weight

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

Default Loosing Weight

First off I don't need any flamming or do your research. I have been reading up on what would be good for me.

What I need is someone that has been in my situation or has helped someone in my situation, and is willing to help me make a routine and diet to get into shape.

Rather then disclosing all my information in this thread I would rather do it through PM's or emails with someone that knows what they are talking about. For the basics, im 19 y/o, have access to a full gym, im overwieght and not nearly active enough, and I dont eat very well. I will discuss this in more detail through a private matter.

I have tried to loose wieght in the past and as soon as I would loose 5-10 lbs I would put it right back on.

So please don't flame me and ruin my thread all I need is someone willing to help me out.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

i guess it really depends on how overweight you are, if youre just kinda chubby, go hard at the gym, if your like huge obese simple steps like walking every day and balancing out your meals will make a huge difference in the long run

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Losing, not loosing. God damnit.

My Ride
    T MR2

my friend used to be like you, he would go to the gym everyday. He lost at least 60 pounds however, he was motivated big time. He would be at the gym everyday running on the tread mills and after he lost some weight. Hed take a week to work out, then a week to run, vice versa. Motivation is key.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

Motivation is key, I totally agree. I feel that I am at a point in my life where I am ready to start getting in shape. I know its pretty sad it has taken me this long, but better now than never.

I was thinking something like monday, wednesday, friday I do cardio for about an hour.
    tuesday and thursday I would do wieghts and the machines that target specific muscles.

as far as a diet goes all i got is eat properly at the 3 meals a day, or eat 4 or 5 small means a day I dont know exactly what to eat

breakfast:
    eggs
    grain toast
    fruit
    juice

lunch:
    sandwich
    wrap
    fruit
    veggies

dinner:
    chicken
    beef
    veggies

also to drink lots of water every day
    Last edited by Pee_Sack; 11-03-2005 at 05:18 PM.

My Ride
    08.5 Mazdaspeed 3

I suggest eating more times a day, but smaller meals. I usually eat 5-6 meals a day. Its the same amount that I normally ate when I had just two to three meals. Be careful not to eat more than you would if you have three meals. From what I hear, this helps the body burn fat because it knows that I will get food readily so that it will not store any more fat than it usually does with less eating. Good luck hope this helps

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

what time and what kinda food are you eating in a day?

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Try to eat healthy and excercise..and keep it up.That's the hard part.You have to stay motivated.Try and get a friend to work out with.You must be patient too.You won't loose it overnight.It took a while to gain the weight,it will take a while to loose it.

Be positive . Good luck !
    11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

My problem has always been consistancy. If I can establish enough consistancy in my lifestyle and daily routine, I've always felt that I could make progress even with the less than perfect advice that I can get almost anywhere.

Am I making any sense? I think there is some advise for others in here, too.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

ok so today was my first day at the gym, I just did some basic cardio, 20 mins on the bike, 20 mins on a treadmill, and 15 mins on a cross trainer, in between I walked 1-2 laps to coll down, and at the end I walked 4 laps. I also drank 1 bottle of water at each station.

Tommorow I am gonna focus on more weights and upper body.

Thank you every body for your help and comments, I will be sure to update with my progress.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Well done !! Keep us updated

My Ride
    08.5 Mazdaspeed 3

I completely cut out fried foods and pop. all I drink is water and the occasional coffee. For breaky I would have something small like a muffin. for lunch I will have some rice, meat perferably chicken breast and veggies (i[m asian so I have rice a lot!) and same for supper. for snack usually fruits. night time a small sandwhich or some scrambled eggs. remember to drink lots of water. It supposedly helps you wash away fat. Oh yeah, cut out chocolate and other sweets. It's hard but show a little will power. the key is to not eat "just one"

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

fried food, i have recently given up
    pop I gave up about a year ago, but i still have an occational one, i drink water and juice now (I used to drink 4-6Litres of pepsi per day) thats why I gave it up
    as far as sweets and chocolate go, I do like chocolate cuz im lactose intolerant... and sweets well I can only eat so much sugar

what I really do like, and do miss, is potato chips, is there any good substitute?

Its hard for me to eat a lot during the day, since Im always in class or at work and I am never keeping track of time

One thing I have been finding that I am always hungry, no matter how much fruits and vegetables I eat or how much water I drink. Is this just something Im going to hafta work around or is there a solution?

If you feel hungry after eating a bit, then the reason for that is that you probably haven't given you body what it needs. Your body makes you feel hungry when it needs certain nutrients. Fruits and veggies will give you some of those, but not all. Have a couple of cups of milk every day. What fruits and veggies are you eating? Different kinds give you different nutrients. Have a sandwich. (On whole wheat bread or this wont do anything for you.) Eat some meat every couple of days, unless your a vegetarian. Have eggs. ect...

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

Usually in the morning its a couple of eggs, and some toast and juice or milk

lunch lately has been a veggie plate (carrots, celery, brocoli, tomatos) and a wrap (mostly veggies in it, witha bit of turkey or ham)

dinner is usually some chicken or beef, and some mixed greens

i work out about 4-5 hours after lunch and I eat as soon as I get home from the gym, it seems that I am always hungry during the day specially when I get home from the gym

Wait an hour after your gymn session before you eat or take in any shakes or sweet srinks. If you drink loads of water...I mean loads it will supress your appetite. Also try drinking a full glass of water prior to your meal...itll fill you up quicker.
    A Bimmer a day helps you work rest & play!

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

I usually have about 3-5 litres of water a day, that includes when im at the gym. I will try to wait longer when I get home from the gym to have dinner, and I will try to drink more water.

I took the weekend off and its back to the gym this week.

Keep the help comming guys, I will keep you all updated.

damn man, i'm in the EXACT same boat as you.
    I used to be in mad good shape now i'm huge...ish. I keep telling myself i need to work out but i can never find the time. I have full days of school mon/wed/fri and tues/thurs i have a half day but go to work right after. I dont know how to find the time to work out everyday.
    My eating habits are terrible, so much junk and unhealthy food for lunch at the U.
    Man how do find the motivation? I think now that i've stopped working out and stopped playing hockey and stuff, it's way harder for me to just go to the gym and get a good work out in. It's like i've gotten so lazy that i can't start up again.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

I am in college Monday to Friday pretty much all day if I am out early I work till 5 ( i work at the College so it makes things easier). Then I drive home get my gym bag and head to the gym. I am ussually starting my workout at about 5 and i am home by 7 ish. I usually sit in the hot tub at the gym for 10-15 mins after my workout just to relax and cool down.

It's hard and it has really become a conflict between me and my girlfriend, since we never see each other anymore. Since I am either working/school/gym/homework. But this is something I want to do.

The biggest motivator I can tell you is don't do it till you really feel like you need to. All my life I have been very overweight and lazy. My parents have triend many times to get me to go to the gym and lose wieght or go on diets. The reason they never worked is because I never wanted to. It took me many years to finally be at a point in my life where I want to get into a better shape. I don't think I can ever be "skinny" but I really don't want to be. I am setting realistic goals and I am determined to meet them.

Ohh and btw I am 19 years old, 5'11'' and about 280 LBS prolly 30% muscle. So you can see what I mean I am over weight.

Also I have sleeping problems and was not able to fall asleep till 2 or 3 in the morning and I would have to get up at 6 and it started taking a toll on me. One of my instructors told me his son was the same way a few years ago and he started running at night time and it would tire him out and he would sleep a lot better. So I decided to give exercise a try for this reason also. For the past week it has really helped me sleep, so this is another motivator for me to stay with this.

I hope this helps, if you wanted anymore information feel free to send me a PM or leave me a message on this thread.

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Sounds like you're on the right track.I didn't want to go running last night in the cold.But I went ,and had a good run.
    Keep up the good work !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast