Quantcast
HouseBoating in BC - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: HouseBoating in BC

Default HouseBoating in BC

Anyone ever go houseboating in the shuswap or Kelowna area? Whats a good place to get a boat.. I heard you have to book fairly early to get good deals

My Ride
    05 GSXR600

yeah i'm looking into this too

i heard you have to book in like january!

My Ride
    '97 Nissan Pathfinder LE

If you wanted in the prime time, not sure when, and one of the huge boats, you're outta luck for 2006. I'd say book now for 2007. But there's always somewhere open.

And the price is dependant of when you get it, theres the high season, then medium, then low.
    http://www.twinanchors.com/
    http://www.bcadventure.com/3buoys/
    http://www.bcadventure.com/waterway/

There's a couple sites. Hope that helps.
    Some people are funny. They spend money they don't have, to buy things they don't need, to impress people they don't like.

would april be too soon to go? would the water be too cold?

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Check into it, you wont know until you call. the cheap boats are: Sun N Fun vacations, located at www.houseboatholidays.com. Ive been with them, and with www.Waterwayhouseboats.com.

Water ways boats are significantly nicer. But a lot more expensive. I am planning my trip in January, and they usually have smaller boats available.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Hey,

Houseboating on the Shuswap is seriously the most fun you'll have in your entire life! It is such a gong show..anyway i've been many times and I'm from Salmon Arm so this is the low down. It is best to go out of Sicamous, Kelowna is not even half as good. Besides everyone goes to Sicamous. You have to go at the right time or else it would just suck and your expectations wouldnt be met! The biggest and best party is July long weekend, some people stay a little bit into August but the good parties are over by MOnday. Its best at this time because that is when it is hottest and you can swim.
    There will be plenty of boats left, we always end up booking late and never have a problem with getting a boat. By late i mean March or April..i havent heard about being sold out for 2006, so dont worry. The beautiful boats are available at twin anchors mainly, three bouys and waterways are right behind it. There are a few companies with cheaper boats..fun n sun and something else i cant remember what its called right now. I wouldnt go with 3 bouys because they dont allow their boats at 3 beaches, and you know one of them is Neilson beach the one where all the best parties take place. And i've heard that if they see it, they will tow you back and your trip is over, plus your insurance is void. So dont go with them.
    But for real it is sofa king fun. Imagine over 100 boats lined up on the shore all ready to party...

Hope this helps,
    Shar

My Ride
    Lexus RX400h

i went last year for the first time , we used SUN-N-FUN and they were okay. their boats are not as nice as the other companies but it was clean and met all of our needs plus it was like $600 cheaper than the other same size boats. i'm definately gonna try and go again this year but will try to go in JULY or AUG becuase we went the first week of SEPT and there were only families out at that time. Were probably gonna try to use Twin Anchors this year becuase they have the pimpest boats.

My Ride
    2008 Z06

Make sure you close the back door when the generator's going.
    Current Cars:
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Stage 2, 12.44 at 110mph
    1972 Chevy Super Cheyenne C10 Pickup 402 big block, 700R4
    2004 GMC 2500HD 8.1L

Past Cars:
    1970 Chevy Blazer, 2wd
    2003 BMW X5 4.6IS Doushmobile, moneypit
    2015 Ford Fiesta ST | Cobb Stage 1, catless downpipe
    2008 Corvette Z06 - 11.39 at 123.8mph
    2002 Corvette Z06 - 12.10 at 116.5mph
    2005 Jeep Wrangler LJ
    1993 5L Mustang - 12.59 at 108mph
    1989 5L Mustang
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    1991 Acura Integra RS 403Honda

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

I have been houseboating probably 50 times in my life time and it is the most fun you will ever have. My grandpa and my uncle are owners of Three Buoys house botas in sicamous. you have to book eary if you want to go in prime season, which is just a giant party.

The sea store is sweet, you can by almost anthing you want and ever rent sea doos if you want, which are so much fun.

They have boats now which can sleep like 25 people, so if you can get one of thoes boats it is amazing.

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

Originally posted by sharstar
    Hey,

. I wouldnt go with 3 bouys because they dont allow their boats at 3 beaches, and you know one of them is Neilson beach the one where all the best parties take place. And i've heard that if they see it, they will tow you back and your trip is over, plus your insurance is void. So dont go with them.

Hope this helps,
    Shar
    Ya this is true they try and keep most of their clients to older people, more familes and adults and stuff like that. just way to many boats trashed when people like my self se them.

nelson beach is cray, litterally over 100 boats lined up next to each other, like not even 3 feet apart, fires up and down the beach it is great.

I highly recomend it, i mean i am bias cause my parents own a boat but still it is great.

My Ride
    Prelude aka red rice, Lincoln Aviator

My friends and I have made houseboating on shuswap an annual trip. I don't really thing you have to book early to get a good deal, in fact some of the best deals are last minute bookings because the companies are trying to book up the last remaining boats. That being said, I wouldn't wait until the last minute, because when you're trying to get a group of people to cough up $5 000+, you'll want all the time you can get.

We've gone with waterways and twin anchors in the past. They seem to have the nicest boats, but are also the most expensive. Three buoys has decent boats, but you can't take them anywhere fun, so I'd stay away from them. If you're on a budget sun n fun and sum r fun are the ghetto boats, they're cheap, but I've been on a few of them on the beaches, and they sucked nuts, but it's something to consider anyway.

I'm planning to start organizing my summer trip in the next few weeks, as it takes a while to get everybody together, and collect their money. If you have any questions about booking, companies, etc just ask.

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

somebody should plan a beyondhouseboating trip?

uh huh uh huh...
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

My Ride
    2009 SWP STi

Awesome time, i would recommend it to anyone wanting to have an awesome time. For this year some of the bigger boats are already booked for July and Aug long weekends.

We went with 2 of the bigger boats from twin anchors and waterways.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2009 SWP STi

another pic

My Ride
    2009 SWP STi

About half of our ~$5000 booze order.

My Ride
    2009 SWP STi

Wicked parties all day on the lake then at night on the beaches.

My Ride
    Mom-van

I'm trying to get some people together for a trip in early July or late June. Anyone who wants to come just PM me. I'm looking for about 20 peeps.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Mom-van

P.S. That is a lot of f'n booze!!

P.P.S. Would 3 days or a full week be better for people? I'd love the week, but I'm sure half the people that would be coming have full time jobs to tend to....
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by ~Leah~
    P.S. That is a lot of f'n booze!!

P.P.S. Would 3 days or a full week be better for people? I'd love the week, but I'm sure half the people that would be coming have full time jobs to tend to....

When you're going on a grand scale such as house boating, thats not something you just do for a weekend. You have to go for AT LEAST 5 days.

plus it gives more probability to hit nice weather, would suck to go for a weekend and have it rain the whole time.
    Travel

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

houseboating eh?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast