Quantcast
1993 Acura Integra GSR, any advice? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1993 Acura Integra GSR, any advice?

Default 1993 Acura Integra GSR, any advice?

I'm thinking of selling my 1993 Acura Integra GSR. It has some damage from a recent accident (needs new headlight and hood), but it is running well.

I know it is a unique model, so I'm wondering if there is much demand or a market for someone to buy it and fix it up as they want to?

Any advice?

My Ride
    Pathfinder

TONS of demand as long as your rad support isn't bent i wouldn't be supprised if you got $5500 outta it in its current state.

ecstasy_civic is offline MMA guru, but still rage2's bitch
    My Ride
    08 Si

yes!

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

It's becoming a classic. I'd hold on to it. If it just needs a hood and headlights, that's going to be under $500 to fix...and that includes putting in a set of much needed JDM headlights.

If you're going to sell it, PM me with what you'd want for it.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I agree with speed_dreams and freakin. You have a rare car and depending on condition you can command a pretty good price if you're willing to sell it. If you do decide to sell, you'll probably get a quick turn around.

If freakin ends up buying it, it will be very well taken care of. If I had the funding I'd call second dibs after him but timing isn't good now (unless you sell it for stupid cheap).

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
    TONS of demand as long as your rad support isn't bent i wouldn't be supprised if you got $5500 outta it in its current state.
    for a 12 yr old car with damage? yea your crazy
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Originally posted by 403Gemini

for a 12 yr old car with damage? yea your crazy
    Its a Frekin GS-R Do you know anything about the 2nd Gen tegs? that car was the bench mark for the GS-R's and the Type R's of today.

$5500 with only a hood and a headlight. Headlights are like $150 for a Decent set of JDm 1pcs. and a hood...well i have a hood for $50 so it would only cost me $200 to fix the car...thats a Pretty Spanking Deal for a Rare car

My Ride
    CS-GA20DE-TT // B5 A4 TT

If I were you and you plan on making this car your own... since you already destroyed the front end i would go for a JDM front end... and a c/f hood... c/f hood mainly because its lighter and will cost about 100$ more then a stocker and is a fairly nice complement to the already dead sexy GS-R

You could go all out and make it an ITR also.

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by frozenrice
    If freakin ends up buying it, it will be very well taken care of.
    Yeah. Because it'll sit in his garage for a year and a half waiting for parts and it'll never risk any damage Sorry Matt, I had to...

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,E60,ITR

Originally posted by doublepostwhore
    If I were you and you plan on making this car your own... since you already destroyed the front end i would go for a JDM front end... and a c/f hood... c/f hood mainly because its lighter and will cost about 100$ more then a stocker and is a fairly nice complement to the already dead sexy GS-R

You could go all out and make it an ITR also.
    it's a 93....

My Ride
    pair of adiDAs

cf only looks good on a few colours. but JDM 1 pieces are a must

My Ride
    Pathfinder

There is basically no difference in the front ends of JDM DA tegs and USDM DA's onle real different is the headlights that look so much sexier and amber bumper lights other then that its the same

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

^^^ not on a 92-93. They all have clear bumper lights....but the JDM do have the sexy thin side moldings and the marker lights on the fenders.

Frosty....you're a dick. The only reason I've spent this long getting my teg back on the road is...well we don't need to get in to that one.

Either way....just fix it and keep the car. I PM'd you back....I was going to PM you back, but I don't want to insult you with what I would've paid for the car. I know what it's worth and I'd rather just see another GSR from getting destroyed. Contrary to what some people say, it is a rare car and will command that $5,000+ from the right buyer. You can have that thing repaired fairly cheaply...and it's a great car to have.

PS, what color is it? I'm sure some of us have parts that would work for it. I know that Dan is selling a CF hood for pretty cheap at the moment.

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Originally posted by freakin
    ^^^ not on a 92-93. They all have clear bumper lights....but the JDM do have the sexy thin side moldings and the marker lights on the fenders.

Frosty....you're a dick. The only reason I've spent this long getting my teg back on the road is...well we don't need to get in to that one.

Either way....just fix it and keep the car. I PM'd you back....I was going to PM you back, but I don't want to insult you with what I would've paid for the car. I know what it's worth and I'd rather just see another GSR from getting destroyed. Contrary to what some people say, it is a rare car and will command that $5,000+ from the right buyer. You can have that thing repaired fairly cheaply...and it's a great car to have.

PS, what color is it? I'm sure some of us have parts that would work for it. I know that Dan is selling a CF hood for pretty cheap at the moment.
    i was also gonna mention its got an H on the hood. i aswell have a stock metal hood for sale for $50

Originally posted by Speed_Dreams

Its a Frekin GS-R Do you know anything about the 2nd Gen tegs? that car was the bench mark for the GS-R's and the Type R's of today.

$5500 with only a hood and a headlight. Headlights are like $150 for a Decent set of JDm 1pcs. and a hood...well i have a hood for $50 so it would only cost me $200 to fix the car...thats a Pretty Spanking Deal for a Rare car
    the cars still 12 yrs old. its 160 hp and 117 lbs of torque.

real question is there any more damage than what you can visibly see? how many kms?

and yes, i used to be an integra junky, i know lots about them.

so if its only $200 to fix it, why hasnt it been done yet?

its just funny to see people with their 12,13,14,15 yr old cars thinking because it bears the badge acura its worth 5000+. its not like its a mercedes or bmw kiddies.

5500 isnt bad if it had crazy low mileage. but you're still going to need to fix up the suspension sooner than you would a newer model car. christ you could get a 3g for like 5-6k which has 142 hp and 125 lbs of torque, and thats just the base model.
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

What do the JDM headlights look like vs stock?
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

frostyda9 Guest

403 I think you're missing the point. It's not all about hp and torque specs. The GSR and it's B17A are becoming reasonably rare and there are people out there willing to pay a substantial premium for one. RS, LS, LS-S, GS Integras...different story altogether. It is more or less the precursor to the USDM ITR that would follow. It has it's place in history and no doubt will be quite collectable someday.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by iceburns288
    What do the JDM headlights look like vs stock?
    USDM (stock) :

JDM :

Here's the JDMs installed : (sorry about the picture size)

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

Originally posted by frostyda9
    403 I think you're missing the point. It's not all about hp and torque specs. The GSR and it's B17A are becoming reasonably rare and there are people out there willing to pay a substantial premium for one. RS, LS, LS-S, GS Integras...different story altogether. It is more or less the precursor to the USDM ITR that would follow. It has it's place in history and no doubt will be quite collectable someday.
    Frosty's got a good point. Yes the GSR is 12 years old and no it's not a Bimmer or Benz. It's significant because it was the start of a new technological direction for Honda/Acura - not solely because it says Acura on it.
    Take the Buick Grand National for example, back in the day it wasn't anything more than a turbo Buick Regal. Now look at what it's commanding price wise for a car that's almost 20 years old.
    grand national
    Last edited by frozenrice; 11-05-2005 at 11:06 PM.

Originally posted by frostyda9
    very good point. i wouldnt say itll become a classic though. there are no classics with our generation of cars sadly. what we're going to look back 20,30 years down the road and brag to our kids "yea we had this thing called a gs-r, it had reasonable gas mileage and 160 hp" and they're going to laugh. cars then will have 200+ hp and even better gas mileage.

least our dads can brag "yea our cars ran over 400 hp, poor gas milegae, but fast as shit"

face it, we have no classics. our only claim to fame will be "we started the sports compact scene"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast