Quantcast
Need Fine Advice on my Fine - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Need Fine Advice on my Fine

Default Need Fine Advice on my Fine

Hey guys, I've been researching on how to get out of my traffic fine on the net and I found this site. I thought maybe you guys could give me some input.

So, tonight I got a fine for going 83 in a 50. Thing is it is a permanent construction zone, it is usually 80 on the road, (Sacree Trail and Bow trail intersection for those in Calgary) but there were no construction workers there tonight (Sunday night). There is that new law that doubles all speeding tickets received in construction zones, around tow trucks and emergency vehicles and whta not to protect these poeple. But like I said, this law only applies to construction zones when there are construction workers present and there weren't. But the cop charged me double anyways.

Here is a link that states this new law:
    http://www.gov.ab.ca/acn/200510/1898...CDBA00788.html

So I know that I can definately reduce this ticket down to the half price (currently it is $354, double the normal fine for 30 over). But, is there anyway I can get out of it completely because the officer messed up the ticket? If not, do I plead not guilty and get a date set up or go to the court date stated on the ticket and plea my case?

Thanks in advance guys.

Mike

If my explanation isn't clear let me know and I'll try to explain it a bit clearer.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Man, you might have come to the wrong place. Expect to get flamed instead of getting any help. Good luck.
    Last edited by Tyler883; 11-07-2005 at 09:21 AM.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

IMO, if the officer can't be bothered to get the entire ticket absolutely right, then the ticket deserves to be tossed.

But, this is just my opinion, I doubt that I'm right.
    Last edited by Tyler883; 11-06-2005 at 11:22 PM.

Meh, go down and get it reduced. Just talk to the crown and see what they'll do for you.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Originally posted by Z_Fan
    Meh, go down and get it reduced. Just talk to the crown and see what they'll do for you.
    sounds like good advice.

I think alot of the people on these forum never go down to the crown, because they are not willing to spend the time just for a mere reduction in points or a partial reduction in fine.

yet if they think they can fight the ticket they will get all fired 1up and end up spending more time and sometimes more money

And, I've also wondered how many really follow through with either choice, I think that at least some just procrastinate until it is too late, then they bitch and complain when it comes time to pay the fine.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I think the public was well informed before that law come into effect.

Talk to the crown, they'll probably to get it reduced. But since this law is so new, they may make an example out of you. Because there's no faster way to spread the news than people bitching.

Good luck.