Quantcast
Considering building 4-door ITR - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Considering building 4-door ITR

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Default Considering building 4-door ITR

Im considering selling the bmw this summer and starting a more realistic project, i think i can get around 11k (optimistically) for it, would that be enough to buy an ok condition 3rd gen teg and a B18C (not necessarily type-r) with all the peripherals necessary for swap?

My Ride
    335i

Default Re: Considering building 4-door ITR

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    i think i can get around 11k (optimistically) for it, would that be enough to buy an ok condition 3rd gen teg and a B18C (not necessarily type-r) with all the peripherals necessary for swap?
    No. You will be hard pressed to find the car itself in decent condition for that price, let alone a 5000 dollar engine to boot.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Pathfinder

Good Idea spankin on other ludes and tegs with a 4 door...reminds me of MTV true life "im a street racer" what a great episode

My Ride
    Two unreliable sedans

i agree.. first off 4 doors aren't very common, my dad's 95 teg is a four door and we went through a hefty sum of ads before we came across one.. it alone went for 15Gs.. your motor will probably be minimum 4000 if you get a b18c1.. installation...about 2Gs... if you are thinking of a long term project.. i say go for it.. it's fun IMO.. and that's what me and my dad are going to do to his Teg

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

good call nick! haha, that would be sweet, umm you could probably get a 3rd gen 4 door for about 7, give or take a grand, the motors gonna cost about 3500 installed (b16a2 or b18) so yea if you play your cards right and find the good deal on the car then yea...sometimes ek hbs go for 6500+ once in a while

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

ahh nice pick. personally I love the sedan tegs over the hatchbacks. As said before they are hard to come by. the cheapest one i have ever seen on canadtrader was selling for $10500 i believe and it was a 94. by the time you get the b18c1 or a b18c5 your looking at going broke. But hey a 4 door teg with the itr conversion should look killer. that was always one of my favorite cars.

Laurier

My Ride
    335i

Just to put it more into perspective:

A decent integra (i'm talking 1994 as a bare minimum) will run you around 9-10 K for the four door (4dr auto\5spd is cheaper than 3dr 5 spd\auto). The engine (b18c1) will run around 4K, plus installation.

Why not get the 4 dr GS-R from the factory? It will run you slightly less, i'm guessing around 12-13k.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Two unreliable sedans

do they make 4 dr gsrs?

Originally posted by HK2NR
    do they make 4 dr gsrs?
    They got 3r Gen 4dr GSR's in the US.
    Damn +44411's

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

9-10 for a 4 door?! haha you guys are crazy im lookin at a 2 door on canada trader for 7,900 with only 138k

My Ride
    '15 GTI

yeah the 2 door aspect of my car is really starting to bug me, or maybe its just the driving 4 ppl around with only 2 doors

My Ride
    Two unreliable sedans

Originally posted by Ferio_vti

They got 3r Gen 4dr GSR's in the US.
    ah that's why i've never seen them around haha

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

I have to ask what you want out of this car? I'm telling you right now, that I really doubt it's going to be any kind of fast with a budget of only $11,000...and that might not even be enough to finish the project. I'd say keep the BMW.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by Glowrider
    I have to ask what you want out of this car? I'm telling you right now, that I really doubt it's going to be any kind of fast with a budget of only $11,000...and that might not even be enough to finish the project. I'd say keep the BMW.
    hmmm...i want something with balls (318s dont have that), maybe 4 doors (other bmws have that but i dun have that much money), and damn after seeing my other import buddies' repair bills, i conclude that modifying/repairing a 318 is very expensive and i dun even know if it will be that 'fast'

ITR 4 doors look nuts...ommg

but ur looking at the amount of money u have will be good for the car alone.....let alone the swap

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

True, the 318i is very weak. But I don't think a 4-door Integra with a B18C5 upfront will be "fast". Maybe quick. I don't know. I just think there are better ways to achieve what you want for the same money. What about an SE-R (non Spec-V)?
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    '15 GTI

Originally posted by Glowrider
    True, the 318i is very weak. But I don't think a 4-door Integra with a B18C5 upfront will be "fast". Maybe quick. I don't know. I just think there are better ways to achieve what you want for the same money. What about an SE-R (non Spec-V)?
    fast IMO = 14s down the 1320, but what im really concerned about when it comes to speed is how fast it can turn, the bmw is totally unbeatable on the curves, but it feels so gutless with 1 extra person in the car, theres no way in hell i could buy a new sentra, and the old sentra just doesnt have the looks to compare with the E36 (sorry i keep pulling more reasons for either car, whether useful or not)

lammer Guest

hey 318, i had the same idea before, and i found a 3rd gen 94 4door teg with like 178ish K.
    it was like for 7-8000 dollars im not to sure. i was planning on ITR front end swap and turboing it...but that woulda took some time.
    anyways if i were you i would trade in the bmw, find the 4door, slowly build up your money, it will take a while but hey in the end it will be worth it right? thats what i think.

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

^^^I agree with lammer.

Just get the car for now, work on the engine and all that later. I have seriousy doubts about being able to do it for $11,000. The engine alone cost almost half of that.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

I think a 4 door b18c5 GSR with mods would be amazing. Just don't try to pass it off as a type-r with badging

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast