Quantcast
noticing squeaks....... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: noticing squeaks.......

My Ride
    my legs

Default noticing squeaks.......

I just started to notice some squeaks coming from my engine mostly when i'm in 3rd gear. Its just a quick high pitched squeak. Also i hear it everytime i turn the car off. Any ideas?
    just think.....if things hadnt of gone the way they did, you could have been on your moms face.

My Ride
    my legs

well? srry but this thread needs some attention. i need to know if its serious or not
    just think.....if things hadnt of gone the way they did, you could have been on your moms face.

Be more elaborite(sp)

Front of engine?
    Varying frequencys?
    When your in 3rd is it cruisng in 3rd or acceleration in 3rd or decelleration?

Get someone to turn the car off for you while trying to figure out where it exactly comes from but normally high pitch squeal = belts. Although there is other causes.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

if you're hearing it when you turn your car off it's probably in the belts or pulleys...may be a bearing.
    Epicoque Racing
    Powered by: Peniston Lubricants

My Ride
    my legs

ok ya i'll try to pin point where its coming from. But today i realized its not just when i'm in 3rd. Its in any gear and both accelerating and decelleration. So, if it is the belts or pulleys or bearing, is this bad? Do i have lost performance?

Why are you so worried about performance?
    Be worried about the fact your car is making noises and if you don't fix them you will have 0% performance because your car will fall apart.

Most likely it is your belts, Replace them or retighten if its not on a tensioner.

My Ride
    '07 Mustang/'05 R6 Raven

it doesn't necessarily mean performance is being lost, it probably just means some thing needs to be replaced soon. on my saturn i had a lot of squeek coming from the belt and after figuring out it was just the belt i went to part source and got one for $40. 3 hours of my time installing and the problem was solved.
    Epicoque Racing