Quantcast
W.O.W thoughts..... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: W.O.W thoughts.....

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Default W.O.W thoughts.....

Well, first of all, I don't mean any disrespect if a description of a car I give is yours, to each there own.
    It seemed like there was way to much "show", and too little "go" I prefer the go before the show, but thats me. 3/4 of the cars seemed to have extremely extensive body mods, but when it came to engine, had a CAI and Exhaust. Those performance mods generally wouldn't make up for the weight added on for their huge wheels, and body additions. Another thing I dont really care for is the wild vinyl graphics. Some look OK, but for most its too much.

At the same time, there were a few that really impressed me. First off is Hollywood's 240. Not that his car was No Show, but it definately had a lot of the go. Quite the sleeper look minus the front mount, and exhaust. I love that car.
    Second up was Shadowz orange prelude. It had a ton of show, but way more than enough of the go to go along with it. I normally don't like the flashy cars, but loved his. The Japanese plates and CF trunk looked great.
    Third, the ITR with the Mugen JDM front and Turbo. Gawd I love that car. Almost bought a JDM ITR last year, and this car makes me kick my self for not doing so. That car is so clean.

All in all WOW wasn't too bad, I would prefer the imports together, but thats just me. DId anyone catch the size of the wheels at Kal Tire? When you see them you will know which wheels I am talking about. I think I will probably go back again on Sunday, after all, there really isn't that much to do when it is this cold. Congrats to everyone that entered their car.

Well it is a car SHOW.

Go to the track in the summer to see go!

My Ride
    MDX

It may be a car "SHOW" but most people appreciate speed more than a flashy stereo! Chances are that even the hot rod guys were impressed with adrian's 240, or mau's supra. On other boards I've even read that they liked al's jem teg. Amazing they liked a honda!!!

My Ride
    Honda

My thoughts:
    I enjoyed the show, good job to everyone involved.

Most bling booth - Tunerworks, good work!!!!!
    Most unique mod - Nick's CF trunk.
    Most amazing car - Black 300zx.
    Most noticable mod missing - I don't think anyone painted their calipers... why not?
    Most pimp mod - Anyone sporting Axis Se7en's!

The "wtf?" award goes to the awesome red RX7 that was wearing the Red Suns logo. Definitely made me look twice, what a sweet car!!!!!

My Ride
    Civic

one of the most unique mod's i came across was this roof!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

what was up with that 2002 Golf TDI. It had rims/taillights/grille and lowered?

Since when does a car like that get in, maybe it had more that I didnt see though...

not to be rude, but I know a few other Mk4 VW's that are way better than that thing
    2 doors and 4 rings

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

Originally posted by VWhooligan

Since when does a car like that get in, maybe it had more that I didnt see though...

not to be rude, but I know a few other Mk4 VW's that are way better than that thing
    You must be referring to "suffeks".

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=11006

Here are some more Pics I took of the event!

On the outside that may be the case, but his car has more torque to the wheels than your car has Horsepower at the fly...
    Travel

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

i know that he has lots of torque... thats a given being diesel.

i'm pretty sure he has a chip and injectors, which probably give him around 300 foot pounds worth... but in my opinion, if I'm going to pay $11 to get into WoW, I want to see cars that make me drool. Unfortunately this one didnt, not yet anyway.

And you say his car has more torque to the wheels than my car has horsepower at the fly? Yes, thats true, I'm not modded nor pretend to be. I have 240 torque at the fly, so i guess I could say that I have more torque at the wheels than he has horsepower at the fly? Everything can be compared someway or another.

Don't get me wrong, no offense was intended. I just felt it was out of place. Personally I would have loved to see Peter or Pat's car there, or even a 337.
    2 doors and 4 rings

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

i know that he has lots of torque... thats a given being diesel.

i'm pretty sure he has a chip and injectors, which probably give him around 300 foot pounds worth... but in my opinion, if I'm going to pay $11 to get into WoW, I want to see cars that make me drool. Unfortunately this one didnt, not yet anyway.

And you say his car has more torque to the wheels than my car has horsepower at the fly? Yes, thats true, I'm not modded nor pretend to be. I have 240 torque at the fly, so i guess I could say that I have more torque at the wheels than he has horsepower at the fly? Everything can be compared someway or another.

Don't get me wrong, no offense was intended. I just felt it was out of place. Personally I would have loved to see Peter or Pat's car there, or even a 337.
    Well I'm not sure of the specifics with what went down with the world of wheels. Personally I like Barts car even though its not heavily modified, but there were quite a few cars there that were bone stock or maybe very mildly modified...

WoW organizers are definatly going to have to do some serious shaking of their heads and decide on what stays and what goes weeks or Months before the show, not a couple nights before. I think they also have to get out into the import communty and realize that cars with neon and altezzas and flashy Decals are not what true Import Enthusiats want, in any case, there were some VERY nice cars down there!
    Travel

My Ride
    2002 Audi TT

well said ben

there were some incredible cars there that made me drool.. but there were a few that made me scratch my head.
    2 doors and 4 rings

My Ride
    I dont Drive

Originally posted by ninjak84
    My thoughts:
    I enjoyed the show, good job to everyone involved.

...Most pimp mod - Anyone sporting Axis Se7en's!

hehe
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My Ride
    04 maxima, 03 ML320

lets see some more pics of your ride cory..i havnt seen iot yet with the 19's

My Ride
    99 Civic

I know most of you will disagree but the LV Integra was amazing! (it was near the Impressions booth). The NSX Wide Body Accord was pretty nice too. I like the flashy styles as you can see...haha but thats just me.
    All in all better then I expected.

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by R-Audi
    At the same time, there were a few that really impressed me. First off is Hollywood's 240. Not that his car was No Show, but it definately had a lot of the go. Quite the sleeper look minus the front mount, and exhaust. I love that car.
    Cool thanks! It's nice to here this, I worked really hard to make that car what it is with the money I had, I did do most of the work on it myself, lost 20lbs in the summer doing it. I won an award for "most outstanding vehicle in my class".

And I agree with your overall statement about bling being not as important these days.

Originally posted by jdmakkord
    It may be a car "SHOW" but most people appreciate speed more than a flashy stereo! Chances are that even the hot rod guys were impressed with adrian's 240, or mau's supra. On other boards I've even read that they liked al's jem teg. Amazing they liked a honda!!!
    Kinda funny you ay this, there was a biker guy who came twice for a better look, and I had several older guys asking me questions and such about the car, and they said they liked it.

P.S. Ninjak, my calipers are painted....
    Last edited by Hollywood; 02-23-2003 at 01:43 AM.

who ever owned that gold integra, with the hood removed, and the gull wing doors, and think that was one of the most amazing rides there, was it turbocharged, ahaha i forgot already, but yea anyways that car was amazing along with the interior.
    umm....another interesting ride was that green civic HB at rpms booth, with the CF roof top, that was pretty wicked.
    there were many others, that were quite impressive, shadowz lude was 1 of them.

the only thing missing, was the motorcycle section. I didnt really spend much time there, but from what i saw it was shit! didnt see any cool paint jobs on the harleys. People have to start modding out their sport bikes(imports/euro bikes) and enter them in, cause that section is poor IMO.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    who ever owned that gold integra, with the hood removed, and the gull wing doors, and think that was one of the most amazing rides there, was it turbocharged, ahaha i forgot already, but yea anyways that car was amazing along with the interior.
    umm...

Yeah, its turboed, and apparently the owner chalks it to run 12's

Wild originality tho!!!
    Travel

My Ride
    CIVIC

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    umm....another interesting ride was that green civic HB at rpms booth, with the CF roof top, that was pretty wicked.
    there were many others, that were quite impressive, shadowz lude was 1 of them.

the only thing missing, was the motorcycle section. I didnt really spend much time there, but from what i saw it was shit! didnt see any cool paint jobs on the harleys. People have to start modding out their sport bikes(imports/euro bikes) and enter them in, cause that section is poor IMO.
    thats an awsome integra
    its the guys down at milleniem auto
    they wanted to sell that before when it was blue and didnt have the wing doors for like $65,000
    i wonder how much they would want for that thing now

My Ride
    2000 DC4

I asked that guy how much is door conversion was and he said $6000 .I would like to do that to my car ,but thats a lot of cash,lol
    JDM goodness + boost = 1 phat integra

www.abtegs.net

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by Hollywood
    P.S. Ninjak, my calipers are painted....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast